• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed - ingenious legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry should have clarified - reply to Ombudsman or go direct to IL with my comments?

Comment

• The Ombudsman first and failing that IG.

Comment

• Thanks for all of your help once again. Much appreciated :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by forby2 View Post
          Hi,
          I'm in the same position as the rest of you guys regarding INgenious Legal.

I have taken the advice that you've been posting and I am glad I'm not on my own, as this situation could of been a lot more stressful.

I have made a formal complaint and made a data request.
          The signature they claim is mine is comical.
          I've explained to them that I've never used ANY social media platform so they must be in error.
          ​​​​Still awaiting their response.
          I have reported them to Actionfraud and have a crime number but I'm not sure what I need to do with it, as in do I inform IL or save it for the ombudsman ?
          Different people from IL have sent emails, is this a tactic to confuse me ?

Has anyone managed to beat IL yet ?

Any advice you can give me would be very much appreciated.
          Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.

I had a reply from IL stating I used Facebook, signed in box and that i didn't mention any emails/news letters they had sent to me.

I have explained to them that I have never used Facebook and that the email isn't mine so wouldn't have knowledge of their emails.

I asked for the proof of identity/utility bill that was supposed to be used to confirm my identity but they said they used a soft credit check, but I don't understand, I thought this was used by lenders, if they work on a no win no fee, Then why ?

I have been in touch with Black Horse and was told that no third party was involved in any claim and that they would sent me paper work for this but would take up to 4 weeks.
          Informed IL of this and they said the would also get in touch with BH.

I chased BH up for their paper work, they told me IL had been in touch and now I have been told a different story from BH, that IL are on their paperwork !!!
          Is this a coincidence ?
          A couple of days later I received a copy of their letter which contains IL's name and an account number.

I haven't mentioned to IL that I still have my original paper work from BH and at no point does it mention IL.
          It looks like someone has taken the original and inserted IL's information into it.

Not sure if I should mention this to IL or wait until I take this to LO

The crime number I have from Actionfraud, do I let IL I've reported them or give it to LO ?

Reading your member BRIVIV's post it looks like I'm in the same situation as them so should I continue with this or see if I can maybe make a deal with IL or just pay them off ?

How would going to court work ?

Thanks again for your help and advice

Comment

• That's a typical response from them

Originally posted by forby2 View Post

How would going to court work ?

To be honest, if you wanted to fight this you would have more chance going to court than the Legal Ombudsman.

We helped someone with a similar case brought by Allay Claims (a claims management company) and who won largely because Allay failed to comply with Distance Selling regulations that require traders to provide a copy of the agreement and the prescribed cancellation form in a durable medium (on paper) at the point of sale - see below.

The same will necessarily apply to Ingenious.

Also see attached PDF which is letter I wrote to the Financial Ombudsman about the way they were ignoring the regulations in complaints about Allay. Points 2, 3 & 6 deal with it.

I would be tempted to write to Ingenious and ask them to explain how they think they complied and that if they cannot convince you that they did that the matter should go to court.

Click image for larger version

Name:	J1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1607932

Name:	J2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1607933

Attached Files

Comment

• I had set up a payment plan with IL, however, I understand they have now gone into administration. I am now receiving emails from TP - pay by link asking for the payments. I have replied to the email to check it is genuine but this has been returned as undelivered. Should I click on the link sent & pay? Thanks

Comment

• Date of Appointment: 22 November 2022

Liquidator’s name and address: Tauseef A Rashid (IP No. 9718) and Rehan Ahmed (IP No. 20390) both of Quantuma Advisory Limited, 14 Derby Road, Stapleford, Nottingham, NG9 7AA

​​​​​​By whom Appointed: The Company

View the original Gazette notice

Comment

• Originally posted by Briviv View Post
                  I had set up a payment plan with IL, however, I understand they have now gone into administration. I am now receiving emails from TP - pay by link asking for the payments. I have replied to the email to check it is genuine but this has been returned as undelivered. Should I click on the link sent & pay? Thanks
                  I'm not sure who you mean by TP but someone who allegedly owes IL money got this email from Capricorn Legal. Did you get one of these?

Name:	CP.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	1634656

Comment

• [QUOTE=EXC;n1634655]

I'm not sure who you mean by TP but someone who allegedly owes IL money got this email from Capricorn Legal. Did you get one of these?

No I haven’t received anything from them. The only reason I know they have gone into administration is when I sent them an email to clarify payment request was genuine

Comment

• Who is asking you to pay?

Comment

• For everyone's info, I received the following last week. Given Ingenious Legal's appalling behaviour, I can't say I'm surprised!
                        Ingenious Legal Limited (In Liquidation)
                        Dear Client,

As you may already be aware, the company who were previously dealing with your case, Ingenious Legal Limited, have entered into liquidation. As a result of the liquidation, Ingenious Legal Limited acting by its liquidators, Quantuma Advisory Limited has assigned Ingenious Legal Limited’s debts to Capricorn Legal Limited by way of deed of assignment.

As a result of the above, Capricorn Legal Limited will be dealing with any outstanding fees that were owed to Ingenious Legal Limited.

Please find below link to our Privacy Policy.

https://mcusercontent.com/49932a3132e8a12cdd70a5f17/files/6c84e780-66f7-d62f-6526-e22a6f17aba0/GDPR_Client_CL_Privacy_Notice.01.pdf

Regards,

Capricorn Legal

Comment

• We had a member who had their complaint against Ingenious Legal upheld by the Legal Ombudsman. The investigator told me that they had referred Ingenious to the SRA.

Here are some excerpts from the decision:

In addition, the Law Society say that if a client confirms by clicking a button this needs to clearly show there is an obligation to pay the firms fees. I have not seen that the firm's process is in line with this guidance.

It is my decision that the sign-up process is somewhat ambiguous in that it starts off as an ''eligibility check''. It would not have been obvious to Miss X when clicking on a link to an ''online checker tool'' that this would end with a link to enter into a contract engaging the firm to make a claim on her behalf. It would also not have been clear that by clicking the button to proceed that she would be committed to paying the firm's fees if there was a successful result.

I agree that the process was unsatisfactory, and it is indeed unclear whether all the engagement documents could be seen until the end of the application process. In any event, those documents, together with the cancellation notice, should have been sent to Miss X in a durable medium, rather than relying on her to download them at the end of the application. I have found the firm's service was less than reasonable in relation to the application process.

However, the unclear manner in which Miss X was signed up for the firm's services, leading to her believing that she had not actually done so, caused considerable confusion that could have been avoided had the firm had a reasonable process for signing up new clients and providing their engagement documentation.

The firm's service was less than reasonable because their process for engaging new clients was unclear and did not appear to follow the regulations in force at the time.
                          Miss X says that she did not sign the documents and has provided a copy of her written signature. The signatures do appear completely different to me.

Comment

• Here's who Ingenious stiffed, including £350k to HMRC.

Name:	SoA.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	1634979

Comment

• Samira Patel, owed £1.85 million! Is this lost director's loans? If so, #schadenfreude.
                              Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by atticus View Post
                                Samira Patel, owed £1.85 million! Is this lost director's loans? If so, #schadenfreude.
                                Indeed!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X