• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed - ingenious legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gery1975 View Post
    Hi,
    I continue to be in a similar position with Ingenious Legal.
    I have just received a response email to my complaint, explaining I have signed a contract with them via Facebook and that I should have downloaded all tbe terms and conditions, also appologising for the delayed invoice.....in the end offering me a discount.
    I would like to ask for some advice please, not sure what to do next. I feel very strongly that their customer practise is misleading and the lack of any communication is unacceptable.
    Hi another update, I have just received the exact same response as you. I will now have to escalate this to the legal ombudsman too. I have done an extensive search on my browser history and screenshot it showing that there were no communications with this company when they claimed I did a search. Am I doing the correct procedure. How do we collaborate to bring them down?

Comment

The letter I received via email was the final response. Would anyone be able to look at this letter for me just to see if its similar to anyone else's?

Comment

Thank you for your advice.I cannot remember exactly what the ppi check website looked like, although the link you have sent triggerred my memory. It has been nearly 2 yeas ago.
        Today I have spoken to the Legal Ombudsman and the same advice has been given - to wait for final response or 8 weeks since initial complaint.

Comment

Thank you I will do this.

Comment

Originally posted by dawnhoran View Post
            The letter I received via email was the final response. Would anyone be able to look at this letter for me just to see if its similar to anyone else's?
            Either post it up here or send it to me at nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Comment

Thanks, Nick I have emailed their final response and my reply to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggdave View Post
                I am in same position where they are chasing payment there is lots of people with the same problem but can some one post how they got on/resolved issue
                First, make your formal complaint Bigdave, explaining why they are wrong. Report them to Action Fraud and get a crime number:- https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Wait for the final response letter from them. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by dawnhoran View Post
                  Thanks, Nick I have emailed their final response and my reply to you.
                  Well although the file name says 'final response' the actual letter doesn't say it is, and final responses are supposed to have details about how to take the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman which this doesn't.

I take it you've only just sent the Subject Access Request and asked them about distance selling regulations, so let's just wait for their response before we decide what to do. But I'm sure we'll end up going to the Ombudsman.

Comment

DAWNHORAN, I am happy to keep you updated with my progress on the thread here. I have not had a final response yet and I am anout to ask IL if their last email is classed as a final response.
                    I am not sure why I need to report them to Action Fraud ? They have an evidence of signed agreement. The only grounds to compaint is that they have not complied with the distance selling regulations- they have not offered cancellation form. Absolute lack of communication with their customers.( that has been kindly explained by Nick) :-)

Comment

Oh, did you willingly sign? I did not sign but they presented me with a fake signature you see, so I reported this as fraud.

Comment

I do not remember what I have done 2 years ago. I remember completing my details to see if I am eligible for a claim. I have done a claim before, so it does not make sense to authorise someone else. I do not remember doing an online signature- not typical for me. Due to lack of any correspondence I have not realised I have done a silly/naive mistake. If I have been made aware, I could have used my right to cancel.If I only had one letter or email. However the evidence shows I have authorised IL as I have been presented with an agreement and elecronic signature. I have been told the signature looks not exact match as it has been done online via android device. Since then I have not had any correspondence until one newsletter email at the end of March and two days later an invoice. I have been told I should have downloaded the documents at the time.
                        My argument is why I did not have any confirmation if I have signed an agreement... why not correspondence at all..until now.... IL has not provided any cancellation forms as apparently by law they should.
                        I have to admit it has been very cleverly done.
                        It has been nearly a year since I ve received the money diirectly from the bank. Now I am in a difficult position as since then I have spent them. I was not aware I will be faced with an invoice out of the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by gery1975 View Post
                          I do not remember what I have done 2 years ago. I remember completing my details to see if I am eligible for a claim. I have done a claim before, so it does not make sense to authorise someone else. I do not remember doing an online signature- not typical for me. Due to lack of any correspondence I have not realised I have done a silly/naive mistake. If I have been made aware, I could have used my right to cancel.If I only had one letter or email. However the evidence shows I have authorised IL as I have been presented with an agreement and elecronic signature. I have been told the signature looks not exact match as it has been done online via android device. Since then I have not had any correspondence until one newsletter email at the end of March and two days later an invoice. I have been told I should have downloaded the documents at the time.
                          My argument is why I did not have any confirmation if I have signed an agreement... why not correspondence at all..until now.... IL has not provided any cancellation forms as apparently by law they should.
                          I have to admit it has been very cleverly done.
                          It has been nearly a year since I ve received the money diirectly from the bank. Now I am in a difficult position as since then I have spent them. I was not aware I will be faced with an invoice out of the blue.
                          Your situation is very similar to mine and if I were you I would consider reporting to Action Fraud if you feel you did not sign a document. Like you this alleged application was 2019 and fortunately, I document any applications for anything I ever make and my diary shows nothing for this company.

Comment

This is interesting Cheque please: Law firm sues Barclays over £2.2million PPI cheque bounce back - Lexology

Comment

Yes, I have seen this and I also spoke to Black Horse the company I originally had the loan with (Ingenious Legal have pursued for the PPI) without my knowledge. The woman that deals with the calls for Black Horse said she deals with Ingenious Legal complaints on a daily basis, and she wasn't surprised by my story but explained that they do not deal with third parties.

Comment

Other sites that have people with similar issues pertaining to Ingenious Legal! Also Facebook, Ingenious Legal have lots on there with similar situations, that's how I contacted others and enquired as to how they resolved their situation.

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=25911
                                https://www.facebook.com/ingeniouslegal
                                https://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/fk2...aying-owe.html

Because this has driven me mad I also researched the 'Director' Samira Patel, she had a previous business, RATEX, which was dissolved 3rd May 2019, this company had been operating since 23rd Sept 2016-5th March 2019.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X