• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review & Their Platinum Service CCR Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cento Client Review & Their Platinum Service CCR Claims

no joy yet, I called a few times and never got a good reply from them, just sounded like stalling tactics.

Asked the rep to email me the details of our call and he never did

Gonna call the MOJ now i think

Comment

I think you should as a matter of great urgency. Also, it has gone very quiet in last few weeks so not sure what to make of it.

Please keep us informed.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by bazzani View Post
      no joy yet, I called a few times and never got a good reply from them, just sounded like stalling tactics.

Asked the rep to email me the details of our call and he never did

Gonna call the MOJ now i think

Comment

Is the MOJ really going to do anything?
        Or should I just send the CC company a claim letter [1] as I paid for the service with my CC?

OMG very interesting (i mean suspicious) post @ [2]

But good to see that somebody has been successful @ [3], although i think this is a bit of luck due to PPI claim, i am waiting on unenforcable claims, which has taken more than 7 months so far... im not holding my breath!

If i am successful, i will make sure to post the results online, and ensure it remains online.
        A cento rep told me that good reviews are removed by admins of this site, but i didnt really believe that.

Fingers crossed x x

[1] Consumer Direct - Template Letter No.1 - Use when Goods and Services have been bought on credit

[2] Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - Money Claiming Experts Client Connection ltd???

[3] Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - Money Claiming Experts Client Connection ltd???
        Last edited by bazzani; 7th June 2010, 17:27:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well unless you contact the MOJ, you will never know tbvh.

How many times can you phone/write to Cento without ever receiving a full response?

It is a good idea to also send the CC company a claims letter as they may be able to refund you.

Just remind me how long ago did you pay Cento and how much?

How many times did you write to them?

Do you have proof of writing to them and did you send by Special Delivery?

How many times did you phone them?

Did you contact Amethyst with your details maybe she can speak to one of the Directors for you?

Tuttsi

Comment

I feel really stupid now... after reading lots of posts on this forum (especially this very long one ) I believe I may have been swindled!
            I got contacted by them aggressively back in October and I went for their spiel and paid them the £149.99 upfront fee (charged to my Barclaycard CC), filled in the details about ALL my bank accounts (2)/credit cards (5), and returned it to them.

After they looked at my details, about a week later I was offered their Platinum Service on two of my credit cards (Virgin/MBNA) that would enable them to do a "seek zero balance and closure of account" on these accounts due to enforceable agreements, which they assured me there was a 99.9% chance of having success.

I agreed to this service (Foolishly I feel now), which cost me £500 per credit card (£1000) in total. I don’t know why (maybe the greedy monster inside me wanting to wipe out the CC balances), I agreed to the using the Platinum Service without even seeing any T&C’s, and the money was charged to my Barclaycard credit card almost immediately.
            As far as I am aware, paying by credit card is always a good idea in case a company does not give you the service they say they will, so I am hoping that my only saving grace to get my money back from Cento will be to use this situation, but I am not sure as how to even go about that.

I did get a receipt for the initial £149.99 fee, but I have not received any kind of receipt for the £1000, even though it has been taken out of my credit card.

I haven't heard anything from them in the past few days, but after reading a lot of forums online, I am keener to get all my money refunded from Cento.
            I have tried calling them recently (04/12/09) on 01792 762387, but when I choose option 2, it just rings for a while they I hear a message saying “Cento Client Review are busy, please leave a message”. On choosing option 1, for new sales or something like that, the phone rings for ever with no answer.
            I will endeavour to get bank CC charges back by myself using the invaluable information from this forum, and just pay off the credit cards on my own ASAP!

Any advice or comments as to how I could get ALL my money back from Cento would be great.

---------------------------------------------------------------
            Here is a breakdown on the timeline so far:

Mid October 2009 – First cold call contact from Cento Client review
            28/10/2009 – I agree to paying the £149.99 and their starter pack is posted to me.

05/11/2009 – I complete the forms they sent me with details of my 2 bank accounts, and 5 credit cards.

12/11/2009 – I get a call from a Cento representative saying that I can take up their “Platinum Service” on my Virgin/Barclaycard credit cards. I foolishly agree for the £1000 fee to be taken from my credit card without even seeing any T&C’s.

23/11/2009 – I receive a letter from them thanking me for choosing the Platinum Service.

30/11/2009 – I receive a letter from Barclaycard with the details of my current account details (Credit Limit/Balance/Next minimum payment), and the details of my credit agreement. It also goes on to say that “the sum outstanding on by you remains legally due and payable”; and that I should “continue to repay the outstanding balance in accordance with the terms of the credit agreement.”

03/11/2009 – I call Cento to get an update and tell them about the correspondence from Barclaycard, but a representative tells me there computer systems have a “Virus” and I should call back tomorrow!

04/12/2009 – I try to call them, but cannot get through to any advisors.
            Hi there,

I too have had a similar experience and parted with £149 in October last year.
            They have recently informed me that one of my claims (Northern Rock) has been successful - but couldn't tell me how much I was entitled to until I parted with another £350 (which you apparently get back, minus £90 admin fee) when Northern Rock pay up.
            I have told them that I am not willing to pay any further money until I get something in writing saying how much I am going to get - and if I don't get that I want my £149 back - I am now awaiting an answer.
            Cheers.

Comment

Looks like they are coming the candyman with you too then!
              I have been in touch with them over the past few weeks trying to get some status updates via emails, but I just keep getting fobbed off being told I will be called back.
              It's really starting to stress me out and I just want to get the situation sorted out ASAP!
              give me a refund, or do some bloody work and give me the service you said you would when I paid you over £1000 for almost a year ago!

Comment

Hi Vimto and Bazzani

I am so sorry to hear of your traumas with Cento. Whilst we here on Beagles have had some positive feedbacks recently of folk who claim to have received back refunds and apparently only after a few months of paying the initial fee. Which in contrast to the way your claims have not yet been concluded does not bode well.

What does it say in their T&C's in respect of repaying you the money if they were not sucessfull that you agreed to when you first signed up and also when you took the Platinum Service?

I believe that you may have to issue proceedings against them for the return of all your monies paid as you have not received a satisfactory service.

My suggestion is that you write a letter to Cento Client Review and send this by special delivery advising that you intend to take legal action within 7 days as they have failed to meet their obligations in dealing with your claims.

Also, have you contacted the companies that Cento were claiming from to see if your claims have in fact been settled directly with Cento?

Tuttsi
                Last edited by TUTTSI; 8th July 2010, 22:24:PM.

Comment

I'm glad to hear on this forum that people have been successful with, cento, I just wish I had the same luck!
                  Would you have a template letter I could send to Cento?
                  On the platinum service t&cs, I'm afraid it's says they have 6-12 months to get the cc,s written off.
                  I will contact my card companies asap but the balance still remains as far as I know am nothing has been done.
                  Have I got a leg to hand on?

Comment

We do not actually have a templated letter, but will latter to day prepare a few pointers together for you to add your own words. From experience letters that are written individually have a much better impact. I will post it up when it is done.

You already have your timeline organised so the letter is not going to take you too long.

Tuttsi

I'm glad to hear on this forum that people have been successful with, cento, I just wish I had the same luck!
                    Would you have a template letter I could send to Cento?
                    On the platinum service t&cs, I'm afraid it's says they have 6-12 months to get the cc,s written off.
                    I will contact my card companies asap but the balance still remains as far as I know am nothing has been done.
                    Have I got a leg to hand on?

Comment

Cheers tuttsi, I appreciate your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X