• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review & Their Platinum Service CCR Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cento Client Review & Their Platinum Service

Just had a quick call with Cento, they said that I need to forward on the Barclaycard letter I received ASAP.

I asked the lady the status of all my other claims (3x credit cards, 2x bank accounts), and she said the other credit cards are unsuccessful (as the balances are too low), and the bank account charges are in processing.

I am going to call back to see if they are still going to progress to try and claim back charges on my credit cards and my bank accounts.

I'll be in touch soon...
    Last edited by bazzani; 7th December 2009, 11:12:AM.

Comment

Is there any chance I could talk to you on the phone Amethyst?
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Ok just off the phone with Cento.
      I was told that the 3x credit cards had such a low balance that it seemed unlikely that my claim would be successful. I then asked if these accounts would be looked at to reclaim unfair charges, and he said they would NOT be looked into.

I was confused as how can their claims team determine how much I might be owed back in unfair charges, purely by looking at my current balance, I could have had £1000's of charges over the years, and only have a balance of £200 currently.
      Anyway, I am kind of happy at that as I don't want them to look at these accounts any more, i can do it myself, for FREE!

I suggested that I cancel all my claims, and wondered how much it would cost me, considering their £75 an hour charge for work already carried out.
      I was warned against that as an individual attempting to reclaim unfair charges will not be able to reclaim as much as Cento would (as they are represented by a solicitor). This sounded a little weird to me!!!

I wanted to speak to a manager (Mike Jones), about how much I would be charged for cancelling all my claims. Unfortunately he was sick today so I need to call back tomorrow.

Not sure what to do now, I feel I am locked in to the "Platinum Service", but as far as the other accounts go, I would like Cento to stop the claims for unfair charges, and I do it myself!
      Last edited by bazzani; 7th December 2009, 11:32:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Be simpler to email me if theres anything you don't want to share on here. I am seriously shy and a tad phone-a-phobic (and yes I know that sounds silly).

Credit cards being ''unsuccessful'' as balance are too low is simply ''unsuccessful'' from their solicitors point of view because claims under 5k may be in small claims and they couldnt get their costs back via that route. Doesn't mean its not worth looking at the CCA's - have they even applied for them on those ones ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Be simpler to email me if theres anything you don't want to share on here. I am seriously shy and a tad phone-a-phobic (and yes I know that sounds silly).
          No problem, I guess I just wanted to see if I could talk to you to clear something up in 2 minutes what could take 10 minutes typing an email

Credit cards being ''unsuccessful'' as balance are too low is simply ''unsuccessful'' from their solicitors point of view because claims under 5k may be in small claims and they couldnt get their costs back via that route. Doesn't mean its not worth looking at the CCA's - have they even applied for them on those ones ?
          He said that those claims have stopped now, and yes its because their claims team didn't reckon there would be enough to claim back.
          As far as I am aware, they have not even requested the CCA's.

Should I just leave it and try and claim back charges on these accounts myself?

To be honest the current accounts I have is where the majority of the charges have been incurred, especially Halifax.

Comment

Cross posts with your second bit....

--
            --------
            Ok just off the phone with Cento.
            I was told that the 3x credit cards had such a low balance that it seemed unlikely that my claim would be successful. as I mentioned this is more down to their policy on claiming costs from the court rather than any legality testing of the CCA's I then asked if these accounts would be looked at to reclaim unfair charges, and he said they would NOT be looked into. Simply because there isnt enough money it it for them, thats all, so yes go for it on your own, credit card charges are simples at the moment.

I was confused as how can their claims team determine how much I might be owed back in unfair charges, purely by looking at my current balance, I could have had £1000's of charges over the years, and only have a balance of £200 currently.
            Anyway, I am kind of happy at that as I don't want them to look at these accounts any more, i can do it myself, for FREE!

I suggested that I cancel all my claims, and wondered how much it would cost me, considering their £75 an hour charge for work already carried out.
            I was warned against that as an individual attempting to reclaim unfair charges will not be able to reclaim as much as Cento would (as they are represented by a solicitor). This sounded a little weird to me!!! Yep absolutely right they are just trying to keep your business and your upfront fee. They have no more chance on bank charges / credit card charges as you or I.

I wanted to speak to a manager (Mike Jones), about how much I would be charged for cancelling all my claims. Unfortunately he was sick today so I need to call back tomorrow. lol, rather handy that.

Not sure what to do now, I feel I am locked in to the "Platinum Service", but as far as the other accounts go, I would like Cento to stop the claims for unfair charges, and I do it myself!
            Try Mike Jones again tomorrow, and let us know what his response is, and have a read of this thread ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzani View Post
              No problem, I guess I just wanted to see if I could talk to you to clear something up in 2 minutes what could take 10 minutes typing an email

Sorryyyyyyyyyy I know its daft and seriously annoys me, but you learn to live with me being a ditz in these departments lol.

He said that those claims have stopped now, and yes its because their claims team didn't reckon there would be enough to claim back.
              As far as I am aware, they have not even requested the CCA's.

Should I just leave it and try and claim back charges on these accounts myself?

To be honest the current accounts I have is where the majority of the charges have been incurred, especially Halifax.
              Okay so the link I gave you above has the letters you need to request your cca's yourself if you want to look at unenforceability yourself - else just get started on reclaiming the charges. You obviously want the refund from any upfront fee you paid to cento for those claims they have rejected.

Bank charges - you are stuck with a little for the time being as things are a bit in the air following the Supreme Court judgment, although you can make a start with a Subject Access Request to get all your information from Halifax (have a look in the guides section of the site for the letter to use).
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Your a star Amethyst... I'll start proceedings on my own now with those Credit cards.

Do you think I could get my upfront fee back?
                Do you think I should try and cancel all their services and get all my money back, especially the £1000 I paid for the Platinum Service?

Comment

The £1000 fee for the barclaycard, was that on the basis of refundable if claim was unsucessful - their T&C's dont seem to cover that area ?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

The £1000 fee for the barclaycard, was that on the basis of refundable if claim was unsucessful - their T&C's dont seem to cover that area ?
                    Just spoke to Cento, was told that they have to wait a month to get the T & C's from the solicitor (Legal Redress), and they will send it on to me ASAP.

Yes if the claim is unsuccessful, I will get a refund.

Comment

Just spoke to Cento, was told that they have to wait a month to get the T & C's from the solicitor (Legal Redress), and they will send it on to me ASAP.

why a month ? maybe 28 day cancellation period lol. Also Legal Redress are NOT a solicitors firm. MCS Law ( or 1 Legal LLP Solicitors ) are. Sorry if this doesnt boost your confidence in them or in getting your money back but its best to know who you are dealing with.

Legal Redress - Unfair Credit Agreements

http://blend.misam.co.uk/cento/T%27s...densed_3.3.pdf

Legal Redress ARE Cento (client connection t/as cento client review & legal redress )

Legal Redress Ltd
                      Corporation House,
                      Corporation Road,
                      Loughor,
                      SWANSEA,
                      SA4 6SD

Registered office can be found - Powered by Google Docs

Which you might notice matches this one

Name & Registered Office:
                      LEGAL REDRESS MARKETING LIMITED
                      6-7-10 METROPOLE CHAMBERS
                      SALUBRIOUS PASSAGE WIND STREET
                      SWANSEA
                      SA1 3RT
                      Company No. 05147100

Date of Incorporation: 07/06/2004

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
                      Company Type: Private Limited Company
                      Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
                      7487 - Other business activities

also - 26/01/2005 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 26/01/05 FROM:
                      G OFFICE CHANGED 26/01/05
                      CORPORATION HOUSE, CORPORATION
                      ROAD, LOUGHOR
                      SWANSEA
                      SA4 6SD

288a 26/01/2005

They also have Legal Redress Ltd which isnt under a strike off proposal.
                      287 03/03/2009 REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 03/03/09 FROM:
                      GISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 03/03/2009 FROM
                      6-7/10 METROPOLE CHMABERS
                      SALUBRIOUS PASSAGE
                      SWANSEA
                      SA1 3RT

Looks like they are using MCS law - MCS LAW - Alison Daniel is ''
                      19/12/2008 APPOINTMENT TERMINATED DIRECTOR ALISON DANIEL '' of Legal Redress Ltd - http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosin...8&searchType=L
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 7th December 2009, 12:18:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for the info... I think I will be strongly pointing out to them that Legal Redress are not a solicitors, see what they have to say for themselves!

God this is taking up so much time in my life, I just wish I had never agreed to anything with them and given them money!!!

Comment

Yip be easier to have just done the claims yourself lol.

I'm not putting them down, just pointing out to take things with them with a pinch of salt.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes if the claim is unsuccessful, I will get a refund.
                            did they say how much refund and how quick that would be refunded and would it be calculated???

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                              did they say how much refund and how quick that would be refunded and would it be calculated???
                              They said if the claim to get a zero balance was unsuccessful I will get a full refund (this could take up to 12 months!).

I will need to send on the correspondence from the solicitors (Legal Redress aka Cento), and on the same day as they receive the correspondence from me, they will give me a refund.

Comment

Just for your protection can you ask them to confirm this in writing, so that there is no misunderstandings at a latter stage.

Tuttsi

They said if the claim to get a zero balance was unsuccessful I will get a full refund (this could take up to 12 months!).

I will need to send on the correspondence from the solicitors (Legal Redress aka Cento), and on the same day as they receive the correspondence from me, they will give me a refund.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X