• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review & Their Platinum Service CCR Claims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cento Client Review & Their Platinum Service

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
    Just for your protection can you ask them to confirm this in writing, so that there is no misunderstandings at a latter stage.

Tuttsi
    Just got this today from Cento via email, how does this sound...

Dear #####,

Further to our recent telephone conversation please find this e-mail as confirmation of the payment of £1000 to seek zero balance on your X and Y credit card. In the unlikely event the claim comes back as unsuccessful you will be fully entitled to a refund upon receiept of letter from the solicitor.

Regards
    ######
    Cento Client Review

Comment

It looks ok to me on first view, but I was just wondering how long is the time line here before the Solicitors would write. I am just thinking that if they never write to you, you would not have any recourse to obtain the 100% refund. But that is just my opinion and may not be the opinion of others.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by bazzani View Post
      Just got this today from Cento via email, how does this sound...

Dear #####,

Further to our recent telephone conversation please find this e-mail as confirmation of the payment of £1000 to seek zero balance on your X and Y credit card. In the unlikely event the claim comes back as unsuccessful you will be fully entitled to a refund upon receiept of letter from the solicitor.

Regards
      ######
      Cento Client Review

Comment

It looks ok to me on first view, but I was just wondering how long is the time line here before the Solicitors would write. I am just thinking that if they never write to you, you would not have any recourse to obtain the 100% refund. But that is just my opinion and may not be the opinion of others. Tuttsi
        I smell what your cooking Tuttsi!
        Just asking Cento for an extended email with specific dates etc.

Comment

I sent this email to Cento

####,

thanks for your email earlier.

You did mention a few dates to me on the call there (16th February 2010 I think).
          I was wondering if you would be able to include them in an extended version of the original email you sent to me, which breaks down the time lines for my claim, including specific dates where possible.

The main reason for requesting this is that I know when sufficient time has passed before I contact you again to check the status of my claims.
          I just don't want to be calling every week to check the status of my claim, but I am not 100% sure of the time line of the claim process.

Thanks in advance,

####

Got this back...

February the 16th the paperwork is due to come back from your lender. It will then take approximately 12weeks to be assessed I cannot give exact timescales as it all depends on your lender and you have been advised it can take 6 - 12 month in total for completion.

Regards
          ######
          Cento Client Review

Comment

Well were you advised that it was going to take 6-12 months for completion of your claim when you parted with £1000 for this service?

Also, you should ask then for the actual name of the solicitor that is responsible for dealing with your actual claim and a contact number? otherwise 6 months down the line and you want to make contact with them to verify progress you will not have any info.

Can you also ask Cento, that as this is money being held on account as it is fully refundable is this being held on a solicitors client account and will it attract interest?

Sorry to be so predantic but you need to satisfy yourself completely that the money will be there 6-12 months down the line. It is not good enough for them to state 'solicitors' you need a name and make sure that they are bon a fida member of the law society.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by bazzani View Post
            I sent this email to Cento

####,

thanks for your email earlier.

You did mention a few dates to me on the call there (16th February 2010 I think).
            I was wondering if you would be able to include them in an extended version of the original email you sent to me, which breaks down the time lines for my claim, including specific dates where possible.

The main reason for requesting this is that I know when sufficient time has passed before I contact you again to check the status of my claims.
            I just don't want to be calling every week to check the status of my claim, but I am not 100% sure of the time line of the claim process.

Thanks in advance,

####

Got this back...

February the 16th the paperwork is due to come back from your lender. It will then take approximately 12weeks to be assessed I cannot give exact timescales as it all depends on your lender and you have been advised it can take 6 - 12 month in total for completion.

Regards
            ######
            Cento Client Review

Comment

Well were you advised that it was going to take 6-12 months for completion of your claim when you parted with £1000 for this service?

Also, you should ask then for the actual name of the solicitor that is responsible for dealing with your actual claim and a contact number? otherwise 6 months down the line and you want to make contact with them to verify progress you will not have any info.

Can you also ask Cento, that as this is money being held on account as it is fully refundable is this being held on a solicitors client account and will it attract interest?

Sorry to be so predantic but you need to satisfy yourself completely that the money will be there 6-12 months down the line. It is not good enough for them to state 'solicitors' you need a name and make sure that they are bon a fida member of the law society.

Tuttsi

I'm afraid so, I did know that it could take 6-12 months.
              After such a good sales pitch from a Cento employee, I guess the way I looked at it was that even if it did take 12 months, I would only have paid about £1400 payments, not bad for a £4500 debt!
              If the claim is unsuccessful 12 months down the line, then even if I get my £1000 back from Cento, I will be back to square one with the CC balances, and out £1400!

I am asking Cento the questions about the solicitor name/contact #, and also where the money is being held.

Comment

Did you get a chance to scan up your 'agreement' barclaycard sent you ? (will take us less than 12 months to see if its enforceable)
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Did you get a chance to scan up your 'agreement' barclaycard sent you ? (will take us less than 12 months to see if its enforceable)
                  Will do that tonight... I just copied it yesterday to send to Cento

Comment

nice one , ta x
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi.
                      Yes, I too have been duped by this company. I have made dozens of phone calls in an attempt to have my £300 refunded. I received their initial cold call in september and am still battling to get my money back. I returned their 'starter pack' as soon as I received it. I have been fobbed off by everyone I have spoken too.
                      A director named James Henley even called me to personally promise me he would deal with my case and call me back within 5 days to advise on my status.
                      Eisht weeks on...no call from him. Have spoken to various other people at Cento and all promise to 'call back'.

Comment

Hi Tony

Below is the Ministry of Justice contact details. My suggestion is that you make a very strong complaint to them that they have not returned your £300 despite you returning the pack and that you have spoken with a Director James Henley who promised it would be dealt with and that he would call you back, this has not happened.

Also, if you want to make contact with Cento again I would keep everything in writing and send it by recorded/special delivery. You can send a 7 day letter to Cento F.A.O the Director that you spoke to and advise him that if the money is not returned to you with 7 working days you will take the necessary steps for recovery through the courts and any court fees and out of pocket expenses will be passed to them for payment..

Please let us know how you get on?

Claims Management Officer
                        Claims Management Regulation
                        Monitoring and Compliance Unit
                        57-60 High Street
                        Burton on Trent
                        Staffordshire
                        DE14 1JS
                        www.claimsregulation.gov. uk
                        Telephone: 0845 450 6858
                        Fax: 0845 450 6866
                        Email: info@claimsregulation.gov .uk

Originally posted by tonyf1961 View Post
                        Hi.
                        Yes, I too have been duped by this company. I have made dozens of phone calls in an attempt to have my £300 refunded. I received their initial cold call in september and am still battling to get my money back. I returned their 'starter pack' as soon as I received it. I have been fobbed off by everyone I have spoken too.
                        A director named James Henley even called me to personally promise me he would deal with my case and call me back within 5 days to advise on my status.
                        Eisht weeks on...no call from him. Have spoken to various other people at Cento and all promise to 'call back'.
                        Last edited by TUTTSI; 17th December 2009, 15:45:PM.

Comment

Grateful for any update of your problems with Cento. Unfortunately my daughter has just been conned by these people to the tune of £299.99 for a fee and, 2 separate refundable payments of £1,000 each. The latter amounts deduced from credit cards on 6 Jan, I am trying to recover from her credit cards, just about to write letters to CC companies after speaking to them today.

Comment

Hi Tess

I am extremely sorry to hear of your daughters problems with Cento Client Review.

Can I suggest that she also sends urgently a complaint to the Ministry of Justice:-
                            Claims Management Officer
                            Claims Management Regulation
                            Monitoring and Compliance Unit
                            57-60 High Street
                            Burton on Trent
                            Staffordshire
                            DE14 1JS
                            www.claimsregulation.gov. uk
                            Telephone: 0845 450 6858
                            Fax: 0845 450 6866
                            Email: info@claimsregulation.gov .uk

You should also ask your daughter to send a written complaint to Cento Client Review giving them 7 days to refund the money and send to one of the Directors: Mr Kevin Anthony Kearle or Ryan George Stanton or Mr Damian Spooner-Cleverly she should also put a cc for The Ministry of Justice and send it by special delivery.

Their MOJ licence is up for renewal at the end of March so they will not want to upset the MOJ.

Would either you or your daughter please come back and advise us what happens.

Thanks
                            Tuttsi

Originally posted by tess123 View Post
                            Grateful for any update of your problems with Cento. Unfortunately my daughter has just been conned by these people to the tune of £299.99 for a fee and, 2 separate refundable payments of £1,000 each. The latter amounts deduced from credit cards on 6 Jan, I am trying to recover from her credit cards, just about to write letters to CC companies after speaking to them today.
                            Last edited by TUTTSI; 19th January 2010, 22:44:PM.

Comment

bump
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

how did you get on with this bazzani ?
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X