• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

£299, it wasn't for mis sold PPI, it was for credit cards. I did pay by credit card. I just wasn't comfortable with it so I did a bit of research and decided I wanted to go no further. The returned pack was sent on day 13, they concede this, it was also sent by recorded delivery, they received it but won't refund me because I did not put a cancellation letter in with the pack even though I addressed the envelope to the cancellations dept.

I had already sent an email cancelling but it was not saved in my outbox and they are stating that they did not receive the email and are insisting that I go through with making the claims so that I have any chance of getting the deposit back.

I'm in Scotland, am not sure if the court procedure is the same or different up here, I know small claims is a bit different. Cento also cold called me, I did not phone them.

Comment

Well lets hope that you can get that refund which you are definately entitled too ASAP. Credit card claims which some of our members have done by just writing a letter have taken just 9 days. (Tools v Barclaycard) and 100% of it is yours.

As for being in Scotland I am sure the court system will accomadate a claim like this, but my h8unch for you will be to go back to your credit card company for the refund.

I am just going to find the information for you.

Tuttsi x

It is your choice to cancel, and you have followed the correct proceedure.
      Originally posted by pauline View Post
      £299, it wasn't for mis sold PPI, it was for credit cards. I did pay by credit card. I just wasn't comfortable with it so I did a bit of research and decided I wanted to go no further. The returned pack was sent on day 13, they concede this, it was also sent by recorded delivery, they received it but won't refund me because I did not put a cancellation letter in with the pack even though I addressed the envelope to the cancellations dept.

I had already sent an email cancelling but it was not saved in my outbox and they are stating that they did not receive the email and are insisting that I go through with making the claims so that I have any chance of getting the deposit back.

I'm in Scotland, am not sure if the court procedure is the same or different up here, I know small claims is a bit different. Cento also cold called me, I did not phone them.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      I have entered into an agreement within the last 14 days?
      All clients who have an entered into an agreement are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period. This means you can cancel the agreement and request a refund of any fees paid. You should contact the claims management business as soon as possible informing them that you wish to cancel.

I paid for the service by credit card, what should I do?
      If you did pay by credit card and the claims management business is no longer able to provide a service, you may be able to seek a refund direct from your credit card company. You should contact your credit card company and they will be able to advise if you have a claim. Consumer Direct also has useful advice on how to request a refund. Consumer Direct - Template Letter No.1 - Use when Goods and Services have been bought on credit

Last edited by TUTTSI; 1st April 2010, 17:55:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi
        I paid only £79.99 and then sent 5 x £10 postal orders payable to the creditors - I have now written to the post office to establish if these orders were "cashed"
        With thanks
        Linda

[Linda

I totally agree with you they have had long enough to deal with your claims and they should be able to give you a detailed update after all you are the client. Leaving rude messages hardly gives me any confidence in their service.

Hun, you have been more than patient with them - remind me how much you paid them in total and what dates you paid them? did you take the platinum service, I believe you did from memory?

I remember reading on the Cartel thread that it may be possible to obtain the refund from your credit card company, I will dig out that information and post up for both you and Pauline if it is appropriate.

Tuttsi x[/quote]

Comment

• Re: Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Linda,

Whats the latest with Cento?

Did you write to them?

Please update us.

Thanks
          Tuttsi x

Comment

Hi
            I wrote to them March 29th again requesting a refund and had another call - as above - stating I would only be entitled to a refund if the claims were unsuccessful. I have written to the post office re my postal orders and to the MoJ and Trading standards as advised. If they continually refuse a refund Im not sure there is anything else I can do.
            Thanks
            Linda.

Comment

Sue them.

Comment

Linda

I agree with Amy they have had plenty of time to deal with your claim and all they have done quite frankly is move your claims from pillar to post. They really have had long enough to deal with your claim.

Did your letter give them a time frame in which to refund you, if you did not request a refund then before you take legal action you must write and give them notice that you want to discontinue with their service as they have failed to provide you with the service for which you paid for.

If you could try and put a letter together giving them 7 days and either PM myself, Amy or Amethyst we will take a look and amend it if necessary before you send it.

Originally posted by Amethyst

Claims Management Regulator Fact Sheet – delays in providing a service

This factsheet gives help and guidance if you have paid a claims management business for a service that has not been provided.

I’ve paid a claims management business a fee and have heard nothing further- what should I do?

You should first contact the business providing the service as they should be made aware of the problem you are experiencing. They are required to reply to any contact you make within a reasonable time. You may wish to do so in writing by recorded delivery so that you know they have received your letter.

Can I seek a refund?

This will depend on the terms of the contract you signed with the business. If the business has not provided the service within a reasonable time then they might be in breach of contract and you can ask for a refund.

Can I complain?

All businesses are required to have a complaints handling procedure. If you do not have a copy of this you should request it from the business or you can obtain a copy from the businesses website. Consumer Direct has help and advice about how to write a letter of complaint. You can contact them on 0845 404 0506 or look at the website Consumer Direct - Making a complaint

I have tried to contact the business to complain but they have not replied. What can I do?

If you do not receive a satisfactory response from the business, you may be able to pursue your concerns with the claims management regulator. Let us know when you contracted with the business, any contact you have had with them and what you have done to contact them.

Did you pay the fee by credit card?

If you did pay by credit card and you believe the business is in breach of contract, for instance by failing to provide any service at all, you may be able to seek a refund direct from your credit card company. You should contact your credit card company and they will be able to advise if you have a claim. Consumer Direct also has useful advice on how to request a refund. Consumer Direct - Template Letter No.1 - Use when Goods and Services have been bought on credit

Via website: Contact Us - Claims Management Regulation

By e-mail: info@claimsregulation.gov.uk
                By telephone: 0845 4506858 / 01283 233309
                In writing: MCU, 57-60 High Street, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1JS.

Comment

I was looking last night on Client Connection Ltd on Companies house and it looks like they have changed their accounting date from the limited info I was looking at. Maybe Ame will be able to do an in depth search on this.

Also, MONEY CLAIMING EXPERTS could also be connected to Client Connection Ltd as we have now had a few posters who have been called in last day or so. Strange not many enquiries from Cento in last couple of weeks???? again we need to do an in depth search on this company. They do share the same registered office.
                  Link to Money Claiming Experts http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=22609

Tuttsi
                  Last edited by TUTTSI; 27th April 2010, 11:03:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                    Has anyone received a phone call from them ?

If you have then please http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/register.php for free and tell us your experiences of them.

They are cold calling consumers offering to get back charges, PPI and also write off loans etc. They charge between £49.99 and £149.99 for their services for which you can do any of this yourself for free with the assistance of this site.

EDIT -

What would be very helpful would be if people who have posted with concerns over misleading claims made to them in these calls could PM me or send admin@legalbeagles.info an email stating the concern, the time and date of the call, and the telephone number that the call was made to. This will then be passed to cento so they can monitor and take action to improve the quality of their calls.

THE STORY SO FAR.......

1. Basically, I have not heard of one person so far who has been sucessful, but that is not to say that there have not been any.

2.The solicitors they have stated to many people that they use are Forbes Douglas, I have evidence from the MD of Forbes Douglas that they are not solicitors and neither do they have any solicitors employed by them, they are in fact another claims managment company. So again if they make these references you must check out what they are saying is correct.

3. If your claim progresses to the next stage they may ask for more money and they may also get you to sign away an additional 30% of any money they recover for you.

4. If you decide to use them, you should check their T & C's before entering into any agreement IMHO and definately before you pay any money over.

5. Get everything in writing before entering into any agreement, unless you are recording your phonecalls.

6. Do your research thoroughly before using them or any other claims management company, before parting with your money. There are loads of resources on the internet.

7. Anything they can do for you you can do for free, with the help of consumer web sites like here on Legal Beagles.

8.Cento Client Review told me that I had £3K to come back from a particular previous mortgage company, this was not true as I have checked it out, I did not take PPI and neither did I have £3K of Mortgage charges. The mortgage payments were much more than £3K so where to they get there figures from.

9. Also, it is worth remembering at the time of their phonecall to you they are not privy to your Bank,Mortgage,Creditcards and Loans so how can they pluck figues out of thin air and advise you what you have to come back.

10. They have been known to tell people to stop paying their loans and pay the money to their solicitors, on no account must anyone do this as it is not advisable. Seek solicitors advice from someone you trust as you could end up in default and your financial record could be damaged.

11. When they phone you, did should ask where they got your personal data from? they are not allowed to cold call. They told me they got my information from the FSA - that is not true, when questioned further they told me a central regisitry for PPI, again I have no PPI so this cannot be true.

12. Never give you personal data to anybody that calls you on the telephone this includes you credit/debit card numbers, without first checking them out.

Finally, if you feel they have misled you or that they cold called you, this will make them in breach of their conditions for holding a Ministry of Justice Licence, then a complaint to the MOJ is very important. 100 companies with licences have had them suspended ot cancelled.

Claims Management Officer
                    Claims Management Regulation
                    Monitoring and Compliance Unit
                    57-60 High Street
                    Burton on Trent
                    Staffordshire
                    DE14 1JS
                    www.claimsregulation.gov. uk
                    Telephone: 0845 450 6858
                    Fax: 0845 450 6866
                    Email: info@claimsregulation.gov .uk

MOJ web site showing CMC's that have lost their licence. http://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/

Last edited by judyoz; 28th April 2010, 17:47:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

hi, new member. i have been following this forum since first being cold called by ccr claims in february and going to MOJ website, obviously with great concern, especially when their paperwork says my claim could take up to 12 months. by the time i had realised what i had done it was too late to cancel, my "14 days cooling off period" had expiredand i couldnt get my money back. so i filled in the form to claim on my credit card anyway and hoped for the best, id rather not disclose how much debt i have with who. i had a call shortly after posting my documents back asking me for a £10 cheque so ccr could get my credit agreement from my credit card company. i then heard nothing for nearly 2 months, naturally fearing the worst.

to my surprise though, after about 10 weeks, i got a letter directly from my credit card company with an offer of over £2000 for the ppi i had paid up to that point. i was told by ccr that my claim would have to be over £2500 originally or it wouldnt go through but it was just under this, all the same i was happy to receive this amount. i called ccr to ask their advice and if i should accept the payment directly from them, they referred me too call a company called legal redress who they had passed my claim too, they told me to accept the offer and they then sent me an invoice for their 30% fee.

i am now fully settled and in less time than i expected, although it was for less money than i expected. i cannot say that it has been a bad experience but i do feel slightly misled about figures. i do however think i am in the minority of people, not who have had a successful claim but, who have had success and would then bother to post their comments about their experience. i think people find far more pleasure in complaining about a company before experiencing their service than in praising a company after they have helped them. i mean you dont see a programme on tv that is the opposite of watchdog, consumer information on the BEST companies in the uk that are exceeding customers expectations, do you? unfortunatley we are a nation of moaners and i think most of the posters on here confirm that.

Comment

Ronaldo

You thankfully have been extremely lucky where many others have not seen any return yet from Cento let alone the courtesy of a response in return from their calls and some have paid over 12 months ago and some have paid vast amounts of money.

Because you have as you say had a return of monies which we are all delighted for you not everyone is as lucky as you and instead of calling people on this site moaners why do you not give them the help and support which is what we are about on this site.
                        Tuttsi

Originally posted by ronaldo View Post
                        hi, new member. i have been following this forum since first being cold called by ccr claims in february and going to MOJ website, obviously with great concern, especially when their paperwork says my claim could take up to 12 months. by the time i had realised what i had done it was too late to cancel, my "14 days cooling off period" had expiredand i couldnt get my money back. so i filled in the form to claim on my credit card anyway and hoped for the best, id rather not disclose how much debt i have with who. i had a call shortly after posting my documents back asking me for a £10 cheque so ccr could get my credit agreement from my credit card company. i then heard nothing for nearly 2 months, naturally fearing the worst.

to my surprise though, after about 10 weeks, i got a letter directly from my credit card company with an offer of over £2000 for the ppi i had paid up to that point. i was told by ccr that my claim would have to be over £2500 originally or it wouldnt go through but it was just under this, all the same i was happy to receive this amount. i called ccr to ask their advice and if i should accept the payment directly from them, they referred me too call a company called legal redress who they had passed my claim too, they told me to accept the offer and they then sent me an invoice for their 30% fee.

i am now fully settled and in less time than i expected, although it was for less money than i expected. i cannot say that it has been a bad experience but i do feel slightly misled about figures. i do however think i am in the minority of people, not who have had a successful claim but, who have had success and would then bother to post their comments about their experience. i think people find far more pleasure in complaining about a company before experiencing their service than in praising a company after they have helped them. i mean you dont see a programme on tv that is the opposite of watchdog, consumer information on the BEST companies in the uk that are exceeding customers expectations, do you? unfortunatley we are a nation of moaners and i think most of the posters on here confirm that.

Comment

Hi Ronaldo
                          Thanks for a positive outcome at last, little disappointed to be labelled a moaner when all I was doing on here was trying to advise others to be wary of a company who 12 months ago took a substantial amount of money off me with promises to complete in 12 weeks and Im still waiting and they wont even reply to my calls!
                          As I say pleased to hear of one person out of "millions of people" they are helping and I agree that people with positive outcomes don't post.
                          Fingers crossed for us moaners who are out of pocket.
                          RedRose.

Comment

hi, i didnt mean to offend anyone or even side with a company that possibly makes false promises. i agree if you have paid a lot of money over 12 months ago then you have every right to complain, but how many people has this actually happened to? based on these forums it appears to be a couple of hundred. i was aiming at the people who havent had a similar experience, who form assumptions on a company based on other peoples experiences before even trying them for themselves. i dont know how many customers this company has but i am assuming it is tens of thousands redrose says "millions of people", complaints and bad experiences are inevitable. dont get me wrong, i am not condoning
                            the reasons customers have to complain or seek advice, it is probably 90% of the time the companies fault. however i do also believe that the percentage of unhappy customers seems to be very low compared to the amount of people who have paid for their services.

Comment

Ronaldo, your apology is accepted.

You have to understand that many of our members that have paid Cento and other CMC and did so on promises of an extremely powerfull sales pitch which were on the face of it was a fabulous chance to be freed of debt. You said yourself that you would have cancelled this service if you had still been within the 14 day cooling off period.

Redrose is one of many who also paid but as she has said that it is now well over 12 months and they do not even respond to her calls.

Many CMC's have started to fold, had their authorisations suspended or cancelled including one of the largest CMC's which took over £20m from cold calling/selling called Cartel Client Review. So when our members do not get their calls returned and they have not received any payouts during a very long period of time they do have cause for concern.

Yes, you are quite right everything that Cento or indeed any other CMC can do for you can be done yourself with no costs involved, if you have the know how. Thank goodness there are consumer sites like Legal Beagles where all this information is available to help people reclaim what is theirs.

Please feel free to have a look arround the forums to see the work that is done here by people who give up their time for free to help others.

Tuttsi

Originally posted by ronaldo View Post
                              hi, i didnt mean to offend anyone or even side with a company that possibly makes false promises. i agree if you have paid a lot of money over 12 months ago then you have every right to complain, but how many people has this actually happened to? based on these forums it appears to be a couple of hundred. i was aiming at the people who havent had a similar experience, who form assumptions on a company based on other peoples experiences before even trying them for themselves. i dont know how many customers this company has but i am assuming it is tens of thousands redrose says "millions of people", complaints and bad experiences are inevitable. dont get me wrong, i am not condoning
                              the reasons customers have to complain or seek advice, it is probably 90% of the time the companies fault. however i do also believe that the percentage of unhappy customers seems to be very low compared to the amount of people who have paid for their services.

Comment

Hey up Folks, not sure if this thread is still going on or not.

I am a self employed contractor and get cold called sometimes 10 times in a day! - What a giggle... I also received a call from Client Connections Ltd who are also Money Claiming Experts today promising all sorts of refunds from c cards, ppi and mortgages.

They stated amongst other facts an 86% success rate, for which they wanted 30%. Then, a one off figure of £300 which they claimed, after quizzing, was as a security deposit (so they know i am who i am!!) before they sent out the pack. When i questioned further i was handed to another chap who was incredibly aggressive and led me onto 'Their' website - the MOJ one saying they were authorised/approved by them and what was the problem, just use a c card!.

I naturally stated i would categorically not make any payments without some research but of course was interested in the claims and to ring me back in an hour. They said they could only call me back in 15 mins as they close at 3:30 - what a good business to be in!He did mention that they had received unfair rep. on websites and to be wary! They of course rang and i left it as my research was not completed..

No doubt they will ring tomorrow. I found on the MOJ website quite readily the following:

Rule 11 - About upfront payments being incorrect. There must be written documentation and a thinking period for the consumer.
                                Rule 6 (D) Client Specific - They are not allowed to imply that they are 'Approved'.

So 2 rules broke straight away! I just think its such a shame that so many call centre companies such as these exist and get away with what they are doing. Aggressive sales talk, and unbelievable promises are 2 recipes that spell disaster.

There must be bonafied companies out there, but like so many, i distrust all now....

I shall at a later date use some of the info on here to investigate if i have some of my own monies to reclaim. An advance thanks!

Stimpy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X