• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

Send the letter by special or recorded delivery

Comment

Just a letter or everything I have from them?
      Thanks

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
      Send the letter by special or recorded delivery

Comment

To be honest I am not sure but it would do no harm to send everything back. Just keep copies for your records IMHO.

Originally posted by kitesurfer View Post
        Just a letter or everything I have from them?
        Thanks

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi, I'll do that.

Now running to the Post Office, do I need to call them and let them know?

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          To be honest I am not sure but it would do no harm to send everything back. Just keep copies for your records IMHO.

Comment

It would not do any harm, in addition you have I gather given your personal information to Amerthyst for her to contact Cento and also attack this from our end. Our aim is to obtain a full refund and get a result ASAP for you.

Thanks Tuttsi, I'll do that.

Now running to the Post Office, do I need to call them and let them know?

Comment

I've sent everything back and photocopied all documents.
              Been to the bank to cancel all the £1 and £10 cheques to all the lenders, they were very understanding as they would usually charge £10 per cancelled cheque, there was about 7 or 8 cheques.

Thanks again for your advice, it eases this situation.

It appears I have an insurance on the credit card I paid them with, now so I contact them for the refund or wait for Cento to do it?

Comment

OMG they charge that fee AND make you write your own £1 and £10 cheques for the DPA and CCA requests. They really are a right shower. I'd contact the banks/lenders and make sure they know you revoke any authority for Cento to act for you.

What EXACTLY as far as you recall did Cento say they would be doing for the £299 and what extra for the £1550 ?

Look at a c/card statement with PPI on ... how much a month PPI were you paying ? how long had you paid it for ?
                Did they go through reasons why you may have been missold PPI ? eg are you self employed and it doesnt cover you etc.
                On your loan - do you have the agreement? how much was the PPI on it ?

Did they say why they thought you may be able to wipe your c/card/loan balance entirely ? They are both with lloyds - I dont know of any unenforceable lloyds agreements think they were always pretty good at following the regulations.

Give cento 14 days then if you hear nothing start a section 75 claim through your credit card to get the fees back.

Then if you want to reclaim your PPI and late payment charges we'll help you (will be a matter of sending a couple letters)

Writing off the loan is exceeeeeedingly unlikely but we can get a CCA request off to them to have a look - if you dont have the agreement we'll probably need it for the PPI figures anyway.

Are you having problems paying the loan/card ?

Oh also, have emailed Ryan with your info and he knows to expect your documents cancelling the agreement. Also asked him to get his compliance officer to check the call recordings and sort out his sales team.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Update on this situ.
                  A lady called me today from Cento and told me that I'll be getting a full refund as I was well within my cooling off period and will call me tomorrow to get it authorised and retuned back to my credit card (I had to give them the card details again) She said she cant do it as the other department has the PDQ machine plus it also needs authorising. She also asked me to give her an explination as to why I wanted to cancel and asked did the bank contact me?....I just told her that it was my right to cancel.
                  She also said that I wont be able to get the money back from the cheques that I sent to the lenders for info but I wasn't worried about that as I cancelled them before they had even been processed as the guy in the bank told me that they had not been cleared yet.

If they stick to their word, then this would be a positive for Cento.....I'd like to leave it on a positive note, as this as had me in a right state.
                  Huge thanks to Ame for calling them.

Comment

A lady called me today from Cento and told me that I'll be getting a full refund as I was well within my cooling off period and will call me tomorrow to get it authorised and retuned back to my credit card (I had to give them the card details again) She said she cant do it as the other department has the PDQ machine plus it also needs authorising.
                    Eeek. The cynic in me would ask why she needed the card details before the refund has been authorised.

Comment

• In response to Exc: I guess that they do not keep records of credit card details once they have taken the money initially, so this could be plausable.

Well done KS and Ame for emailing Cento. I am sure Cento will now keep their word and look forward to hearing when the money has been returned to your credit card. Did you take the girls name that called? You will have to keep checking your balance with your credit card company but I can imagine it will take a week to show up.

If anyone is reading these threads, feel that you are disatisfied with the Claims Management Company that have cold called you and sold you their services and you do not want to proceed it is always advisable to write directly to that company in the first instance by either Recorded/Special delivery and also by email and if you do not get a response within 7 days then you do have every right to take matters further and report it directly to the Ministry of Justice as you will have the proof that you did not want to proceed and that is your rights under consumer laws

Tuttsi.

Comment

Quick update - just to let you know I have sent my letter today requesting a refund. Hoping I'll be as successful as some other posters. Fingers crossed.
                        Linda.

Comment

They are expecting it and have said they will look into your case. So indeed fingers crossed.
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Did this happen kite?
                            Update on this situ.
                            A lady called me today from Cento and told me that I'll be getting a full refund as I was well within my cooling off period and will call me tomorrow to get it authorised and retuned back to my credit card (I had to give them the card details again) She said she cant do it as the other department has the PDQ machine plus it also needs authorising. She also asked me to give her an explination as to why I wanted to cancel and asked did the bank contact me?....I just told her that it was my right to cancel.
                            She also said that I wont be able to get the money back from the cheques that I sent to the lenders for info but I wasn't worried about that as I cancelled them before they had even been processed as the guy in the bank told me that they had not been cleared yet.

If they stick to their word, then this would be a positive for Cento.....I'd like to leave it on a positive note, as this as had me in a right state.
                            Huge thanks to Ame for calling them.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              They are expecting it and have said they will look into your case. So indeed fingers crossed.
                              Hi
                              Well they called me today to acknowledge they had received my letter today and to say they can give me a full update on what has happened to my claims and why they will carry on with my claims. No suggestion that I have any chance re a refund and asking me to call back.
                              So - Im proposing to call and ask for a written update to be sent within 7 days - however I know they have done nothing so shall I just call and insist on the refund? Or do I write to them again?
                              Any advice gratefully received.
                              With thanks again
                              Linda.

Comment

Yes call and ask for an update - have the letter you sent them with you and go through it point by point.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X