• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review

just to let u know i won yay! i got my money back today in a form of a cheque which i will be cashing in my bank this weekend

Comment

Thank you Ghastous for the update and well done.
      Enaid x

Comment

Tuttsi, 7 days have passed and no reply from cento client review, what shall i do next ? thanks.

Comment

Hi Ratty

Can you please send imediately a PM to Amethyst who is in contact with the MD, please include your name and reference number with Cento and the dates you wrote to them, the reference number. can you please give her a timeline of events so that she can forward to the MD who has promised to work with us in resolving issues such as yours.
          Tuttsi

Originally posted by ratty View Post
          Tuttsi, 7 days have passed and no reply from cento client review, what shall i do next ? thanks.
          Last edited by TUTTSI; 11th February 2010, 11:55:AM.

Comment

thanks Tuttsi , i have just PMd Amethyst.

Comment

Hi I'm new to this site was directed here by MoneySavingExpert over the Cento Client review issue. for your information the following is the post I sent to MSE.

This company (Cento Client review) have also contacted me 8th Feb 2010 stating they could help me to reclaim PPI, have my credit card balance taken to zero on the grounds that the limit was raised without me signing or a further credit check being done and getting remuneration from the broker who sorted out my remortgage on the grounds their fee was paid through the new mortgage, so I will now be paying interest on it for the duration of the mortgage.

I thought wow at last there is a way for members of the public, that have been targeted by the unscrupulous financial organisations that are using legal loopholes to; in my opinion legally steal from us; to get these monies back. I have never heard of the ways to do this yourself that I now find on this site.

Anyway to cut a long story short I listened to the rep, who asked for £299.99 up front and to put it on my credit card seeing as this would be brought to zero; in addition if successful they would charge a fee of 30% ouch, but beggars can’t be choosers.

I was a bit dubious about the initial admin charge, but seeing as my credit limit on the card may not have been enough to cover this amount I wasn’t concerned; on application the credit card company would decline. How wrong was I? The credit card company accepted it and have now sent me a letter stating I had seriously gone over my credit limit and they now want the entire amount paid off immediately or they will take it to a debt collection agency, plus my credit facilities have been removed.

I am now in the process of cancelling the arrangement with Cento, trying to do it carefully so they cannot find a way to stop the refunding the initial admin charge. It also seems I now have to try to placate the credit card company not to take legal steps against me due to this company.

I wish now I had researched reclaiming before I took this step, because it has caused me even more stress and anxiety than I had before and that was bad enough. I had my hours cut drastically at work in September 09 and I am finding it really difficult to manage; this is causing me to get bank charges because of unauthorised overdrafts.

Though unlike some people these charges are not tiered; monies coming in pay off the unauthorised overdrafts plus the charges, but this reduces the money I have to pay off the next instalments etc, which as you can imagine is not enough and the whole process starts all over again. For instance between 15th and 19th dec 09 I paid charges of £210.00 and that’s just December.

Any advice would be welcomed but this is mainly to inform others who find themselves in this position; about the dangers of dealing with companies like this. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I apologise for the length of this post! And thank anyone in advance for any advice given.
              Last edited by kennethdwhite; 14th February 2010, 02:11:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Kenneth

I had responded to you on MSE before I realised you had popped over - thankyou.

This is a link to reclaiming Credit Card charges that I was telling you about.
                There is a letter within that thread that was used and many peeps have received their refunds between 9 and 28 days obviously depending on which Credit Card Company you are with. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=17444

When you are ready to do that letter have a read of that thread and you will see that a simple letter works. Whats more all the refund will be yours and not shared. Start your own thread in the relevant credit card section.

This is our PPI section http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...play.php?f=125 again have a good read of all the threads here to see how others have dealt with reclaiming mis-sold PPI. Again start a thread in this section under the relevant section and peeps who have experience in reclaiming PPI will help you.

As I said there is a wealth of experience on Bank charges on these forums and they are working on here with peeps who have court cases in the near future with trying to resolve them. The team are also in talks with the OFT and are currently working very hard on points of law to see if there is a way forward for everyone. So stay with us on that one and in the meantime you may wish to participate in a survey on the future of personal current accounts.
                http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=21647

I have given you enough to look at for now, but if you need any help just shout and either myself or one of the team will help you.

Tuttsi

ps here is the address of the Minstry of Justice if you want to make a complaint about the way you were cold called and a link to Business Link regarding cooling off period after cold callin selling which you may a;sp be interested in reading.

Claims Management Officer
                Claims Management Regulation
                Monitoring and Compliance Unit
                57-60 High Street
                Burton on Trent
                Staffordshire
                DE14 1JS
                www.claimsregulation.gov. uk
                Telephone: 0845 450 6858
                Fax: 0845 450 6866
                Email: info@claimsregulation.gov .uk

Please read here about cooling off period.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...mId=1073792577

Distance selling and online trading

The cooling-off period and cancellations

When selling to consumers by mail order, phone, fax, internet or digital TV you must give them a cooling-off period during which they have an unconditional right to cancel the contract.
                In the case of services, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the order was made - or after written confirmation is received.
                In the case of goods, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the goods are received.
                Consumers must inform you in writing - by letter, fax or email - of their decision to cancel.
                Consumers' money should be reimbursed as soon as possible - and in any case within a maximum period of 30 days.
                Your contract with the consumer should also specify who pays any postage necessary to return unwanted goods.
                However, there are some exceptions to the right to cancel. Consumers can't cancel if the contract is for:
                Last edited by TUTTSI; 14th February 2010, 11:00:AM.

Comment

Update on my claim.
                  Hi - just thought I would post a quick update as I have finally had time to contact all the companies with whom Cento are apparently dealing on my behalf.
                  Natwest CC - CCR requested T&C last August and these were supplied - no further contact (charge of £1)
                  Natwest loan - no contact made by CCR at all
                  Abbeyloan - CCR requested T&C and same supplied - no further contact (£1 charge)
                  Debenhams store care - no contact made
                  Mortgage - SAR August 2009 and info supplied - no further contact - the lady I spoke to said they have had dozens of requests from CCR and no further contact re any of the claims over the past 2 years!!!
                  So where are my £80 charges and then 4 x £10 postal orders? As you may have read in previous posts this does not correlate with anything CCR have said to me re my cases. Strongly worded letter needed I feel and cc to the MoJ. Needless to say CCR havent responded to my letter of January 1st asking for a written update. Just a little concerned re their T&C which say if people cancel outside the 14 days they will be charged for work done (which appears to be none but I know they will argue that). Does anyone have any smart ideas for terminology please?
                  With thanks
                  Linda.

Comment

Hi Linda,

As I suspected and I am not surprised that nothing has happened. They did tell you your claim was progressing and that you would have a payout no latter than January if my memory serves me correctly.

I agree a very strong letter to both Cento and the MOJ is needed and in addition if you should also send to Amethyst a PM giving her all your details, name, address, timeline of events etc, and what action you want Cento to take and what refund you are requesting she will pass your complaint on to the MD as he has advised that he wants to work with us here on LB to deal with all complaints on behalf of members.

If you want to PM me or Amethyst a draft of your proposed complaint then we can help you with this as well.

All the best

Tuttsi xx

Originally posted by RedRose View Post
                    Update on my claim.
                    Hi - just thought I would post a quick update as I have finally had time to contact all the companies with whom Cento are apparently dealing on my behalf.
                    Natwest CC - CCR requested T&C last August and these were supplied - no further contact (charge of £1)
                    Natwest loan - no contact made by CCR at all
                    Abbeyloan - CCR requested T&C and same supplied - no further contact (£1 charge)
                    Debenhams store care - no contact made
                    Mortgage - SAR August 2009 and info supplied - no further contact - the lady I spoke to said they have had dozens of requests from CCR and no further contact re any of the claims over the past 2 years!!!
                    So where are my £80 charges and then 4 x £10 postal orders? As you may have read in previous posts this does not correlate with anything CCR have said to me re my cases. Strongly worded letter needed I feel and cc to the MoJ. Needless to say CCR havent responded to my letter of January 1st asking for a written update. Just a little concerned re their T&C which say if people cancel outside the 14 days they will be charged for work done (which appears to be none but I know they will argue that). Does anyone have any smart ideas for terminology please?
                    With thanks
                    Linda.

Comment

Red Rose - I think a letter list your claims - exactly what Cento have said about them and what the actual position is with the info you got off the banks - and question why there is such a discrepancy. Attach any copies of letters you've had off Cento that mention what stage claims are at, send the lot to them cc'd very clearly to the Ministry of Justice Claims Regulation Department (and send the same to them with a covering letter explaining) and the same (cc and copies) TRADING STANDARDS in Centos area (I assume that will be Swansea but double check). In the letter you can rescind your authority for them to act on your behalf, ask for a refund of the £10 cheques. You are probably scuppered for the fee. With regards to charges for work done on your behalf - all they have done is sent a CCA request to each - this is a template letter so will have cost them 10 mins max, a print out an envelope and a stamp, as well as the £1 per account. So if you want to you could outline what you think this cost should be. OR (and I prefer this way but completely your choice) as they have lied to you and not acted as they have said in their agreement ask for the whole fee back then sue them for it and let them try and defend it in court.

If you want to give me the details I can try with Mr Stanton on your behalf, I'm waiting on confirmation from a Claimant that Cento have done what they said they were going to do.
                      Last edited by Amethyst; 19th February 2010, 18:24:PM.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ratty

Have you heard from cento yet????

Tuttsi

Comment

hello Tuttsi, just had the post today 24th of feb, nothing in there and no other contact . cheers ratty.

Comment

Thanks Ratty will remind Cento.

(done)
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ratty

I will ask Amethyst to chase this with cento for you.

Regards
                              Tuttsi

Originally posted by ratty View Post
                              hello Tuttsi, just had the post today 24th of feb, nothing in there and no other contact . cheers ratty.

Comment

many thanks, ratty.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X