• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Claim Company Allay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Claim Company Allay

I completed a form asking this Company to check whether I had any PPI as they are supposedly No Win No Fee, I received from them a letter saying We Have Won with their invoice, however I have not received any payment from them nor any letter from any Bank or Credit Card Company saying that I will receive any payment. I have sent numerous e-mails to Allay but they do not respond, I have now received a letter from the Court for unpaid Invoice to Allay, I have now written to the Court saying as I have not received any payment then it is not A WIN case so I do not owe Allay any payment is this correct
    Tags: None

When you say you completed a form, was that a paper form / PDF document you signed giving third party authority to Allay - or an enquiry form on a website ?

This is Allay - https://www.allay.co.uk/ ? https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...ddate=99991231 ?

We will notify you once PPI has been identified and automatically submit your complaint to the lender after 14 days, unless you notify us otherwise.
    Not sure after 14 days of what though. 'Free PPI Check' https://www.allay.co.uk/product/mis-...ree-ppi-check/ so one would assume if they 'found ppi' they would contact you for authority to proceed... I'm not sure how they are given the authority to contact your bank to find out if there was PPI though.

Ahhh I see everywhere it says FREE PPI CHECK* there's an asterix * which leads to that "we'll authomatically submit your complaint" line in the footer

hmmmm.

After entering name,email telephone in that 'free' ppi check - does it do anything else ? do they call / email for full info / lenders / ask for letter of authority etc?

Any emails off them at all ?

Also, I'd contact the lender alleged to have refunded PPI and ask them about it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Oh also, can you do a pic of the letter you've received from the court and post it up ? ( if you do a pic on iPhone etc then do the pic then screenshot it before editing and uploading or it comes up too big ) Also exactly what you said in your reply.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        When you say you completed a form, was that a paper form / PDF document you signed giving third party authority to Allay - or an enquiry form on a website ?

This is Allay - https://www.allay.co.uk/ ? https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/...ddate=99991231 ?

Not sure after 14 days of what though. 'Free PPI Check' https://www.allay.co.uk/product/mis-...ree-ppi-check/ so one would assume if they 'found ppi' they would contact you for authority to proceed... I'm not sure how they are given the authority to contact your bank to find out if there was PPI though.

Ahhh I see everywhere it says FREE PPI CHECK* there's an asterix * which leads to that "we'll authomatically submit your complaint" line in the footer

hmmmm.

After entering name,email telephone in that 'free' ppi check - does it do anything else ? do they call / email for full info / lenders / ask for letter of authority etc?

Any emails off them at all ?

Also, I'd contact the lender alleged to have refunded PPI and ask them about it.
        Hi,

I received the attached from Allay today - I'm not sure if they came in separate envelopes or not.

I did the free check, but have not received any money from RBS.

I was going to challenge the County Court Claim - Printed off the AOS form and then realised there is no Claim Number!

It is a FAKE Court document. Have they committed an offence by pretending to be a representative of the Court?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF797153-F726-46E0-BCBD-386419365A50.png
Views:	1
Size:	377.2 KB
ID:	1472819

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by keithw8007 View Post

It is a FAKE Court document. Have they committed an offence by pretending to be a representative of the Court?

Thanks!
          It looks like they've just filled out the form but not filed it. I would just ignore it.

Comment

it would help if they could actually spell. Judgment has no E not when you are talking about a County Court JUDGMENT
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Allay Claims Ltd. Registered Office: Generator Studios, Trafalgar Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 2LA
              Tel: 0191 462 0000.
              Company reg. no: 6836398
              Allay Claims Ltd. Authorisation FCA - 838865 (
              https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...0X00004QQrs2QAYou may complain to:

Complaints Department

Allay Claims Ltd.
              Generator Studios
              Trafalgar Street
              Newcastle-upon-Tyne
              NE1 2LA

Tel. 0191 462 0000

Complaints can also be submitted via the following email address, complaints@allay.co.uk

Terms from June 2019 attached
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Allay Claims post stuff like this on Facebook under ' Angies Advice ' username ...

Name:	A1BC2F45-63BC-4C49-AEE5-928E44D9AD3B.jpeg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	1472816
                Attached Files
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Allay's sister company, Realtime Claims, has lost/given up on FCA Authorisation

"From 1 June 2019, the firm may no longer take on, or offer to take on,any new business which would constitute a regulated claims management activity and with effect from 1 July 2019,the firm will no longer be able to carry out any regulated claims management activities"

Their website homepage

Name:	B9820BED-005D-4B0D-A800-BC0A305C327C.jpeg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1474090
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Allay Claims have requirements on their FCA authorisations surrounding their use of Angies Advice on Facebook for financial promotions.

• Cannot promote on social media or on any websites

1. Allay Claims Limited (ACL) will:
                      1.1 Remove from public view the financial promotions on 'bank refund checker' Angie’s Advice posts relating to ACL and Sarah’s Money Advice posts relating to ACL.
                      1.2 Remove from the website allay co uk both the ‘what a difference Allay Makes” and the text under the “what a difference Allay makes” strap line on the home page.
                      1.3 To refrain from putting any further financial promotions onto social media sites (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other similar social media sites) or on any other website, including the website allay co uk
                      The term ‘Financial promotion’ shall have the meaning ascribed to it in the FCA Handbook (and shall include all banner advertisements even if ACL does not agree that these fall within the meaning of financial promotions set out in the FCA Handbook).

Duration
                      2. This will apply until such time as the Authority agrees with ACL that it may make further financial promotions.
                    Read and check for updates
                    https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_Fir...X00004QQrs2QAD
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi
                      My Partner clicked on the Angie's Advice page and filled in the form only up to the point they asked for bank information, she then closed the page, that was in early 2019, a week ago she received a letter form Allay saying WE'VE WON, then the Bank sent a letter confirming she was due compensation for Credit card PPI?

This has come as a bit of a surprise to her and also to me, she has never signed an agreement or signed a Letter of Authority, my partner already had a previous claim against the bank and this has been paid out, she also has an outstanding claim for PPI on bank loans, I can see Allay pursuing her for commission on this as well.

Is it possible for Allay to go ahead and pursue a claim when they don't have a Signed agreement and only a partly filled in online form. I am going to SAR them to get any documents they have, i am also going to SAR the bank, i am not happy they have went ahead with this even if she did win.

Best regards
                      Jimbo

Comment

Sounds like a plan - I would also SAR or ask the credit card company directly for a copy of any third party authority they hold to discuss her financial affairs with Allay.

Any idea how much info she did actually fill in on the form ? ie how did they know to make a claim to that card provider ... we've seen instances of these kind of companies accessing people's credit files and making claims to all lenders showing in there.

Has she replied to accept the refund from the card provider ?

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi AMETHYST

The credit card was with the same bank and she received the money yesterday, she didn't fill in anything from the bank for this.

She initially only contacted the bank about account fees and just wanted to stop paying them, she told the bank she has never needed the extra account protection, it was the bank that said she had been miss sold and sent her forms to fill in and agree on the compensation, she received this payment earlier in the year.

She said she had entered basic information like her name, address and phone number, then when it asked for bank account details she shut the page down, she has only ever been with the same bank for loans and credit cards and like you said they could have done a credit check to get the information.

best regards
                          Jimbo

Comment

update

Just did a credit report on her and the only thing out of the ordinary is that there is a financial association linked to her name, we both don't recognize who this is, there is no information what this association was for or when it was? no obvious credit searches by Allay anyway.

Comment

Hmmm, you might need to look into that - does it show the address of the financial association and is that recognised? Put a query in to the CRA anyway.l to see if they'll remove it.

On Allay - if she only filled in her details and left the page then no they had no authority to do anything- it doesn't sound like they did as the refund came from her own direct complaint about the fees to the bank .... but then of course how did Allay know about the refund unless the bank informed them.... is the Allay letter specific about the amount etc or could it just be a speculative letter ?

Definitely ask the bank for any third party authorities they hold and if any, tell them to cancel them.

And def SAR Allay.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X