• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI Claim Company Allay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattie1955
    started a topic PPI Claim Company Allay

PPI Claim Company Allay

I completed a form asking this Company to check whether I had any PPI as they are supposedly No Win No Fee, I received from them a letter saying We Have Won with their invoice, however I have not received any payment from them nor any letter from any Bank or Credit Card Company saying that I will receive any payment. I have sent numerous e-mails to Allay but they do not respond, I have now received a letter from the Court for unpaid Invoice to Allay, I have now written to the Court saying as I have not received any payment then it is not A WIN case so I do not owe Allay any payment is this correct
    Tags: None

• Amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by MGR View Post
    Hi, just to update on my own issues , i've had electronic document allegedly signed by be and it has no details other than name,address,dob and a scrall that supposedly passes for my signature.
    I've replied pointing out that this is not my signature and am awaiting a reply.
    Thanks MGR

¬*
    Great let us know what they come back with.

MillersHome - could you start a new thread please for your issue ( else things will get terribly confusing in this thread ) - sounds like you are on the right lines asking for evidence. I'd also ask Santander (and HSBC) what they have had from Allay on your behalf and get them to send you the LOA they hold.

Leave a comment:

• MGR
    replied
    Hi, just to update on my own issues , i've had electronic document allegedly signed by be and it has no details other than name,address,dob and a scrall that supposedly passes for my signature.
    I've replied pointing out that this is not my signature and am awaiting a reply.
    Thanks MGR

¬*

Leave a comment:

• MillersHome
    replied
    Hi all, my Wife is in the same boat as a few otherís on this thread, vaguely remembers looking at something on Facebook in the summer, but is adamant she never signed anything. Received the usual letters through the post requiring signature and as much info as she could give to proceed, all binned.

All correspondence dried up at the end of August, the out of the blue in December I received a letter from HSBC saying they were refunding me a sum of money from payments made to HFC years ago, two days later my Wife received the same offer ( joint account). The very next day a invoice from Allay to my wife is delivered. This was a complete surprise as we had not heard anything from Allay for months and had assumed the had give up. Allay also sent another letter that day asking for more forms to be signed as Clydesdale bank could not verify our identity, never returned.

A day after the invoice arrived we sent a SAR asking for copies of the letter of authority, never heard anything back, sent another one recorded delivery, still nothing. Today we have received a letter saying our invoice is overdue please pay immediately.

Should I now complain in writing ? And if so how should I word it and what should I ask for?

My wife is getting really stressed about this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Forgot to mention we have requested the loa HSBC received from Allay, and Allay are now asking us to verify our identity for Santander.

¬*
    Last edited by MillersHome; 17th January 2020, 13:30:PM.

Leave a comment:

• jimbomag
    replied
    Originally posted by EXC View Post

Just on this can you hold on, we've asked FCA for the best person to send to, will let you know when we do.

¬*
    Hi EXC

I will standby with the FCA complaint.

Leave a comment:

• EXC
    replied
    Originally posted by jimbomag View Post

I will file a report with the the FCA.

Just on this can you hold on, we've asked FCA for the best person to send to, will let you know when we do.

¬*

Leave a comment:

• jimbomag
    replied
    Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    What have the "litigation department" actually said ? ( Newton le Willows is just their call centre/collections offices )

( to take the complaint to Cmc ombudsman it's either final resolution from Allay OR 8 weeks from complaint )

Did the signature on the Lloyds copy of the authority letter match your wife's actual signature ? If not then a complaint to Lloyds as well may be in order ( releasing her personal financial data to a third party without authority )

Plus regardless of the complaint I should file a report with the FCA regarding the two different LOAs and false signatures - ( they're looking at whether to authorise Allay for claims management services atm )
    Hi Amethyst

They said in the email that they have been trying to contact my wife by phone, I blocked the phone number so they wont get through. They also attached 2 invoices.

None of the signatures look like my wife's actual real signature.

The LOAs from Lloyds and Allay have exactly the same signature and date, it looks like a copy and paste compared to a written signature.

The information for the product type is different on the Allay LOA compared to the Lloyds LOA.

There is a number on the top right of the Allay LOAs this is also different than what is on the 3 LOAs supplied by Lloyds, which all have individual numbers, i am not sure if this number is a printing reference number.

i have the letter ready to send off to Lloyds, i just need to post it.

I will file a report with the the FCA.

best regards
    Jimbomag

¬*

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    What have the "litigation department" actually said ? ( Newton le Willows is just their call centre/collections offices )

( to take the complaint to Cmc ombudsman it's either final resolution from Allay OR 8 weeks from complaint )

Did the signature on the Lloyds copy of the authority letter match your wife's actual signature ? If not then a complaint to Lloyds as well may be in order ( releasing her personal financial data to a third party without authority )

Plus regardless of the complaint I should file a report with the FCA regarding the two different LOAs and false signatures - ( they're looking at whether to authorise Allay for claims management services atm )

Leave a comment:

• jimbomag
    replied
    Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
    they would need to see ¬* a final response from them before taking on cases???
    Hi Mike770

My wife received an Email today from the Allay Litigation department based in Newton Le Willows, she only saw it about an hour ago, this is the first Email she has had from Allay, not sure how or where they got her email address.

I was just drafting a reply to the litigation department for my wife, i have said i will wait for their final response before i make a complaint.

Hopefully the threat of making a complaint will get rid of them.

All the best
    Jimbomag

¬*

Leave a comment:

• MIKE770
    replied
    they would need to see ¬* a final response from them before taking on cases???

Leave a comment:

• jimbomag
    replied
    Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    have you heard back anything yet?
    Hi Amethyst
    My wife Received LOA's from the Lloyds bank and also from Allay, the information is different on the LOA from Allay compared to the one from Lloyds, they should be the same, i sent Allay a letter asking them to explain this difference and where this signature was from and who signed it.

The signature on the LOA is an electronic signature, but it looks nothing like hers and is too precise to be written using a finger or a mouse, i suspect one of their agents has signed it.¬*

She has warned them she will escalate this to the ICO and FCA, should i ask for their complaints procedure first before we do this?

best regards
    Jimbomag

¬*

Leave a comment:

• MGR
    replied
    Hi , invoice arrived by post , did only ask for my details but have since sent them what they requested plus a scan of the invoice i'm now awaiting their reply.
    Spoke to the bank they've removed them from system but no mention of any third party authority.
    This all started with facebook but at no time did i sign any documents.

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    Did they originally send you the invoice by post or by email ?

Did you include your details in the email you sent to them, and did you ask for all data under the data protection act or just say that you've received an invoice from them can they send you evidence that you have any agreement with them and have them third party authority to act in your behalf ?

Get in touch with the bank in question and ask them for a copy of any third party authority applied to the relevant account ( you can tell them a random company is invoicing you for a claim you made directly with them - they are usually ok to send a copy out if there is one - you might have to go through security / give them your details for dpa purposes but that's fine )

Leave a comment:

• MGR
    replied
    Ok, i was about to email with scanned invoice do you think that will do or should i do as they requested.

Leave a comment:

• monsal
    replied
    Originally posted by MGR View Post
    Hi, just had reply from Allay asking for all my details , name address date of birth which they already have as they sent out invoice to my home.
    I've refused and stated same as above , again requesting all relevent paperwork or I'll take it further.
    They are quoting Data Protection but I'm not prepared to give then anymore information than is needed.
    Am I doing right thing.
    If you are asking for the data they hold on you, this is basically a Subject Access Request. They are entitled to verify you to ensure the data is being sent to the correct person, even if they already hold it. Realistically, you wouldn't want any information about you sent without them checking.

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse
2 of 2 < >

INFORMATION

Claims Management Compare CMCs
Before using a claims management company make sure you DO YOUR RESEARCH. Firms can charge up to 50% of any refund you might be due.

LegalBeagles helps you compare CMCs on price and ratings of claims management companies that offer to help reclaim PPI (Payment Protection Insurance) or other financial products.

If you have a problem with a Claims Management Company you can post on our consumer forum for help in the first instance.

To make a formal complaint you should complain to the CMC in the first instance, and if there has been no resolution within 8 weeks you can take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman.
See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X