• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

ts
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for all the advice I'm reading on here. If I decide to go about paying off my remaining debts myself how do I go about it please. I have seen something on here regarding sending out letters but I can't seem to find it now. Help very much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

you need to fins the template for CCA, I have one if you cant find it. You post it to each of your creditors and they have 12 days to supply a copy of the original signed agreement. if they fail then the debt in unenforceable.

- - - Updated - - -

Name
        address
        xxxxxxxx
        xxxxxxx
        xxx

8th April 2016

Debt collectors address
        xxxxxx
        xxxx
        xxxxx
        xxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number: XXXXXXXX

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

your name

Comment

Thank u Unlimited5 - which is the best way of paying the £1 fee, don't assume I can just put a pound in an envelope!

Comment

Originally posted by sal77 View Post
            Thank u Unlimited5 - which is the best way of paying the £1 fee, don't assume I can just put a pound in an envelope!
            I enclosed a cheque for each one.

Comment

Hi everyone. We are compass victims too, we've been reading the thread for a few weeks, your posts have been a great help.

Similar story to everyone else, same non existent pot that was for FFS, missing balance on November statement, no contact from Abbey but a letter from compass saying a solicitor would be in touch so it's clear they knew full well what was happening. We've completed all the liquidators papers but guess the chance of any recovered funds are very slim if at all non existent. Luckily we didn't have much in the pot compared to others. We struggled throughout the plan and ended up with missed payments so the pot was used instead. In a way I'm glad now but we are no further forward than 10 year ago when we signed up. It did get the creditors off our backs though so that was a massive plus it was making us both unwell.

We've setup our own DMP now, used the national debt helpline web site to work out our financial statement, we are able to offer our creditors significant increase in monthly payments so we are really pleased about that.

So far one accepted and I've had calls from two others. I've ignored the calls don't really want to speak to anyone. Am I within my rights to do this?

Hoping the others will accept, not sure what to do if they don't, maybe send CCAs perhaps I should have done this in the first place? I just didn't want to get their backs up and want to honour our debts.

Will see how it all goes but so far we are pretty happy and although still a little stressed about the others am praying they will accept.

Good luck everyone

Comment

Same here! 😣 Was told that If Abbey couldn't settle my claim would go back to original agreement with Compass & I had £2700 in the pot

Comment

I've now made 2 monthly payments to Abbey Solicitors & my calls not being returned! Should I cancel the standing order??

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
                    I've now made 2 monthly payments to Abbey Solicitors & my calls not being returned! Should I cancel the standing order??

Yes cancel the standing order. I managed to get a call back yesterday but it seems to be one guy trying to deal with thousands of calls by all means keep trying but also try email and send a cancellation letter that way you got all bases covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
                      Hi Cat, hope you manage to sort out your creditors either through Stepchange or can manage to do this yourself. Plenty of help on here no matter which way you chose to go.

Comment

Looking at doing our own DMP, is there a letter template you need to send to creditors offering an amount, or do you just ring them up????

Comment

There is a very good self managed DMP plan you can set up and run here:

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/dmp.asp

Will help you do everything the right way, with letters, budgets etc.

You don't have to be in that CABs area to use it. Anyone can.

Comment

Thanks, will keep trying! Trying 2 get all my paperwork together but can't find the original agreement with Compsss as It started nearly 10 years ago 😣

Comment

Originally posted by Raspingolive View Post
                              Looking at doing our own DMP, is there a letter template you need to send to creditors offering an amount, or do you just ring them up????
                              Much better to keep it in writing. I'd actually hold off for a day or two before approaching your creditors.

Comment

You & Yours BBC Radio 4 tomorrow (Wednesday) 12.15.

Care home fees, Tesco, Debt management firms
                                http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0766g4x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X