• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

Blimey that was speedy xx Hope you changed the XXX's into the right date lol. Let us know what they come back with anyway.

All we can do is try help peeps pick up the pieces of this ruddy mess as much as we can, and pray the FCA take notice and actually regulate the companies now.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Its so nice to actually find out that I am not on my own and there are people out there willing to help that know what they are talking about.

Thank you so much, I have been stressing about it but I now feel like I am making headway.

Comment

Hi all,
        Just joined today after a lot of you have been keeping my wife and I updated with everything going on with Compass. We had been with them for 6 years, a pot of nearly 9 k and now gone. We have done a lot of work since they ripped us off and have set up with step change, it was easier than we thought and why did we ever pay compass for what we have done for free, plus we will see our debt gone in a set amount of years.

Comment

Good. Have you done the creditor' statement of claim? http://lbcompare.co.uk/wp-content/up..._Creditors.pdf

Also did you get approached by or about Abbey Solicitors?

Comment

Originally posted by Tangotommy View Post
            Hi all,
            Just joined today after a lot of you have been keeping my wife and I updated with everything going on with Compass. We had been with them for 6 years, a pot of nearly 9 k and now gone. We have done a lot of work since they ripped us off and have set up with step change, it was easier than we thought and why did we ever pay compass for what we have done for free, plus we will see our debt gone in a set amount of years.
            Tommy, welcome to LB. If you private message me after you have posted 3 times - you just click on "Wingco" and there is an option to PM me - and send me your email address, I can keep you posted on Liquidator progress; I'm on a Clients' committee assisting the liquidator and the clients mostly.

Keep us updated on your progress as it will help others.

Wingco

Comment

Yes, we have forwarded our "claim" and with regards to Abbey Solicitors, prior to Compass going under first they tried to get us to do a ccj but we refused, then they kept phoning about getting us to sign to Abbey and with my wife being strong we refused and this was only a few days before they closed. The first indication was when our monthly fee was returned from the bank, and like everyone else here trying to phone them NO CHANCE......
              They said if we went to Abbey if after 12 months and we still had debt they would not charge us a further fee to go back to them plus our pot of money would still be there.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tangotommy View Post
                with regards to Abbey Solicitors, prior to Compass going under first they tried to get us to do a ccj but we refused
                How do you mean a CCJ? And was it Compass or Abbey who tried to get you to do it?

Comment

I was told the same right up to a couple of days before closure, although Abbey's paperwork showed a monthly fee of double what I was quoted, I called them and they said they would send out new forms. I never had them.. Reading on here I am glad that I didnt go with Abbey as its not worth it, originally quoted £100 a month for 12 months paperwork said £200 a month for 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    hmmm. So you were paying £6.47 a month to the Cabot debt ( of about £4k) and there were no other letters about it between October and November. The October statement doesn't show a balance of each debt. You were paying £200 a month TO Compass and only £48.11 was going to creditors.

October shows your pot balance was just over £7k and outstanding debt was about £14k ( going from Nov's statement ).

So IF they had paid that Cabot debt of £4k your pot balance would be £3k and outstanding debt £10k.

Very unclear statements and communications from Compass, I'm not surprised no one had a clue where they stood with anything.

do you know what that £580 Refund of Withdrawal Fees is ?

Anyway on the Cabot subject, you will need to either ring them ( if you are comfortable doing so) or write to them with something like the following;

Dear Cabot,

REF: 3xxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the closure of the Debt Management company, Compass Debt Counsellors.

I am concerned that your letter states an outstanding balance of £3903.44. In November 2015 I was notified that the account had been settled, I enclose a copy of that notification for your reference.

I would be grateful if you could check your records and send me a full statement of the account detailing all payments made to your company, and any charges/interested charged by yourselves since XXXDATE YOU SET UP DMPXXXX with regards this debt, in order I may assess my options going forwards.

Thank you for confirming the account has been placed on hold for three months, I am in contact with Stepchange and am currently gathering the information from my creditors and I hope to get things back up and running within the next two months.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Too many kisses - 3 is enough xxx

Comment

Compass, it was as if they wanted you off there books and we started to feel uneasy as for us it was very rare for compass to get in touch with you and then suddenly they couldn't stop contacting you. Like others have said on this feed, when our pot balance disappeared at end of 2015, we contacted them and they said it was an error...... To us they new then.

Comment

Would any Compass victims be prepared to be interviewed by the BBC for Radio4 You & Yours? The producers are still seeking two more victims, preferably who have signed up with Abbey Solicitors.
                        The interviews can be pre recorded and anonymous but will really help spread the word. Post here or PM me if you are interested in helping out xxx

The programme will be broadcast next Wednesday 13th at 12.15pm.
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

It does seem a bit of a coincidence that the fund (pot) figure dissaperared off the statements sometime during the tail end of last year. I think they knew what was going to happen back then. I was told like you that the pot would be paid back to me in full at the end of my time with abbey solicitors.. The dissapointing thing is that when I signed up with Compass (10 yrs ago) Mark told me that all Compass employees had been through debt themselves and could empathise with the stress involved with unmanageable debt. Then they go and do this to us...

Comment

Just received a letter from Cabot Financial I know two of my debts were brought by them but the first paragraph of their letter is very worrying as I feel others maybe pulled in a second time. Here it is and I quote:

Your account

We are Cabot Credit Management Group and we own your account. Another company has been managing this for us, it has now been returned to us and we will receiving your future payments."

The rest is about working out a repayment plan and understanding you finances to do this.

Also someone on the Facebook group has had their payment taken this month, be sure to cancel all payments.

Comment

Hi
                              I'm new to this but have been reading all the info re: compass I like many other people had been paying £300 to them for over 10 years!!!! And they took the final payment out on 25th February
                              We've been in touch with StepChange who we're hoping will sort things out for us, they where really helpful so I'm slightly less stressed. We've only received the report from AABRS today, I take it I just fill the form in at the back???
                              I emailed them when I first found out, & attached statements etc stating how much should be in our pot. Should I still full out the form too??? Any help is greatly appreciated I'm completely lost & clueless!!!!
                              Thanks

Comment

There is alot of good people that will help you on here....

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Raspingolive View Post
                                Hi
                                I'm new to this but have been reading all the info re: compass I like many other people had been paying £300 to them for over 10 years!!!! And they took the final payment out on 25th February
                                We've been in touch with StepChange who we're hoping will sort things out for us, they where really helpful so I'm slightly less stressed. We've only received the report from AABRS today, I take it I just fill the form in at the back???
                                I emailed them when I first found out, & attached statements etc stating how much should be in our pot. Should I still full out the form too??? Any help is greatly appreciated I'm completely lost & clueless!!!!
                                Thanks
                                Fill out the form and get yourself registered as a creditor.. Getting your money back is looking unlikely at the moment but there are some good people working on it.. I have personally had loads of positive information today and I am sure you will too...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X