• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

I bet there are holes in it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Compass was paying the life cover, i had a letter from Friends Life saying they had not had my direct debit for February, i have set one up with them from my bank account now. I am still paying Abbey for now to see what happens, i have asked questions and if a company takes me to court they have to write to both me and Abbey so at least i will no straight away.Ii have had my debits now for 9yrs have check my credit ref files and all my debits are wiped of.

Comment

Meg. Could you look in the private forum please I'll set you up a thread.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Friends4Life - anyone have more detail on this company - I can't find a company with that name that does Life Insurance. Friends Life https://www.friendslife.co.uk/ is Aviva it appears - Freinds4Life is pet insurance? Maybe it's this policy - https://www.friendslife.co.uk/protec...n-products.jsp ?
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Afternoon all well just found a letter from FCA telling me Compass are no longer in business and to goto Money advice service, lol how long we been talking about this and this is the first letter i have had from anyone telling me about compass snail mail or what

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              Friends4Life - anyone have more detail on this company - I can't find a company with that name that does Life Insurance. Friends Life https://www.friendslife.co.uk/ is Aviva it appears - Freinds4Life is pet insurance? Maybe it's this policy - https://www.friendslife.co.uk/protec...n-products.jsp ?
              Yeah friends life, I said F4L, but I was at work and couldn’t check.. Might have well have been pet insurance, I cancelled in November when they rang me to stop paying my standing orders. Who needs insurance when there’s enough money in my pot to pay the creditors!! Hoot.

Comment

I too have been taken for a ride by Compass. Part of the pitch was they would help me clear my debts quicker than the plan I was already on with one of their competitors. Hindsight is a great thing once you've got it. I've sent forms to AABRS about a week ago (hopefully to get there before this last weeks meeting), but unsure if they've been received. I'm trying to figure out how to get in contact with the committee that have a page here-they are collecting email addresses of Compass customers who feel they've been stung-any help anyone please?

Comment

Hi Hackster and welcome.

Originally posted by Hakster View Post
                  I'm trying to figure out how to get in contact with the committee that have a page here-they are collecting email addresses of Compass customers who feel they've been stung-any help anyone please?
                  I'll tag [MENTION=82470]Wingco[/MENTION] for you and I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

In the meantime can you tell us a bit more about your story with Compass?

Comment

I have only just been informed today of the compass issue. Have I lost my "pot" of over 3000. Spent the whole day either talking to StepChange or crying?

- - - Updated - - -

Please give me any names of people who can help or group s I can join....tried to email the liquidation company this morning - email rejected

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay50 View Post
                      I have only just been informed today of the compass issue. Have I lost my "pot" of over 3000. Spent the whole day either talking to StepChange or crying?
                      Hi Deejay and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your 'pot'. Could you tell us a bit more about what you knew/understood about the pot? Talking to StepChange was a good first step.

Please give me any names of people who can help or group s I can join....tried to email the liquidation company this morning - email rejected
                      You've already joined! I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to advise you on the best way to contact the liquidators.

Comment

Deejay - http://lbcompare.co.uk/wp-content/up..._Creditors.pdf Have a look at that and find the Creditors Form - ignore the voting bit as you've missed that ( and its a bit pointless anyway ) you need to complete the 'Creditors Statement of Claim' and fill that in and send to the address on the form.

Glad to hear you have spoken to Stepchange - hopefully they have put your mind at rest a little with regards moving forwards ? Everyone is doing all they can to try find out what's happened to these pots but sadly it isn't looking very positive at the moment.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I joined compass in 2009 after a divorce n child battle 15000 in debt. Over the yrs this has been reduced to 6800. I must admit I have asked them several times over last 12 months to pay off some more creditors and now I know why this has not happened. I was approached to go to Abbey solicitors in Jan, beleiving this would help get rid of in enforceable debt....are they for real? Will they help? My pot has over three thousand pounds in so my email of Jan 2016 says

Comment

Re Abbey - http://lbcompare.co.uk/abbey-solicit...e-off-my-debt/ Have a read through there for the moment, basically the answer is NO. xxxx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay50 View Post
                              My pot has over three thousand pounds in so my email of Jan 2016 says
                              Who was the e-mail from, Compass or Abbey?

Could you post the text of it up please, excluding any personal information?

Comment

The e-mail was from compass with a list of everyone I owed and wat had been paid. Will this be useful.... I need to know everything I do is gonna help me and every other victim. I have a name and email address

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X