• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Compass debt company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Compass debt company

I still have the emails from compass where I said at the beginning of the yr...how I was looking forward to being debt free in a yr and they were so convincing in their replies..... Now its gonna be another 4 yes at least. Will I ever be able to have a mortgage again?

Comment

Abbey took the first payment the day before I found out. Total debt left is £26,956. One with Lloyds, two with Cabot moved from Lloyds one Halifax and one with Idem Capital this time moved from Halifax. Was with Compass for just over 5 years pot was £3,100. Contacted Step about 4 months ago as wasn't happy but didn't have the details and amounts so they couldn't help. Did request this from Compass but they never gave me them. Feel like such an idiot was was going to go bankrupt before they contacted me and talked me out of it by telling me a load of lies about how it would always be hanging over my head in the future.

Comment

Hi Wingo,

Another ex compass client here. I have been reading all your posts on here. I can't PM you for some reason

Comment

Please Please guys do not touch Abbey with a barge pole, I fell into that trap and they took out £150 for my first instalment. I emailed them to cancel and surprisly I got my £150 back in my account same day.

Like everybody has sed. Go to stepchange or payplan. Speak to the national debt line also, I am going alone with the help of debt line, all letters are on there and you can do it yourself (if you are confident doing it) and your only doing the same as stepchange really.

Comment

Where do I get a blank Consumer Credit Act letter template that I can amend in a word document?

Comment

You can find the CCA Letters in the library http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...y-of-Agreement - I've attached a Word version for editing
              Attached Files
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by aidierobbo View Post
                Please Please guys do not touch Abbey with a barge pole, I fell into that trap and they took out £150 for my first instalment. I emailed them to cancel and surprisly I got my £150 back in my account same day.

Like everybody has sed. Go to stepchange or payplan. Speak to the national debt line also, I am going alone with the help of debt line, all letters are on there and you can do it yourself (if you are confident doing it) and your only doing the same as stepchange really.
                Good to hear you got your money back from Abbey

This is the info from National Debtline - https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...spx#quicklink1

What do I do next?

If you are interested in a DMP and you are a first time caller, phone us now on our freephone number. When you ring, you can speak to an adviser who can give you more information about DMPs and advise you on your options.

If you have called National Debtline (NDL) before and we have advised you that a DMP is a good option for you, please call our freephone number 0808 808 4000 and select option three to speak to the Referrals Team who can help you with your application. They will then send you our DMP application pack.

If you have called Business Debtline (BDL) before and we have advised you that a DMP is a good option for you, please call our freephone number 0800 197 6026 and select option one. An adviser can help you with your application. They will then send you our DMP application pack.

Citizens Advice also have some good help and letters to use for setting up your own DMP - https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/dmp.asp - including some good letters to use when moving from a failed DMP company.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Wingo,

Another ex compass client here. I have been reading all your posts on here. I can't PM you for some reason
                  you have to make 3 posts first. It's safe enough to use the Private Compass Group thread on here. I'm off to France for 2 weeks back on 17th April - there is no rush as the wheels grind very slowly.

Anyone who has sent money to ABBEY by DDM, cancel it asap as it is a bit dodgy. Complain to your Bank and ask the bank to refund your money; Abbey cannot do what they claim.

Wingco
                  Last edited by Wingco; 4th April 2016, 23:08:PM.

Comment

Thanks for this.

I have had a good response from 90% of my creditors since the compass saga. All are now on a 30 day hold with 80% confirmed in writing. They have all be helpful and will accept a token payment to start with. We are now in a situation, going alone, that we are in control of all the pro-rata offers of payments that we end up being more than compass were paying. I just need to send a couple of CCA requests as I don't belive they can provide that as some of my debts are over 8 years old. So overall I am in a more positive situation than I have been in years to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldragon View Post
                      Abbey took the first payment the day before I found out. Total debt left is £26,956. One with Lloyds, two with Cabot moved from Lloyds one Halifax and one with Idem Capital this time moved from Halifax. Was with Compass for just over 5 years pot was £3,100. Contacted Step about 4 months ago as wasn't happy but didn't have the details and amounts so they couldn't help. Did request this from Compass but they never gave me them. Feel like such an idiot was was going to go bankrupt before they contacted me and talked me out of it by telling me a load of lies about how it would always be hanging over my head in the future.
                      Cancel your DDM to Abbey, tell your bank and request a refund for any money taken by DDM - it was taken under false promises. Most people are getting their money back. Wingco

Comment

For those taking over their own DMP's I would suggest the first step would be to write to your list of creditors requesting an up to date statement of account and transaction history for the past XX years ( however long you were with Compass)
                        I'd suggest not telling the creditors how much you think you owe ( ie what's on the Compass statement) so you get a true figure.

Just by way of a starting point.... NOT A TEMPLATE JUST AN IDEA....

Dear Sirs

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing to inform you that the company that was running my Debt Management Plan on my behalf has closed and I will be taking over management of my plan myself with help and guidance from Citizens Advice/National Debtline.

It is my understanding that I have been making payments to your company for a debt held in my name since XXX 200X. To assist with a smooth changeover and a continuance of payments I would be grateful if you could supply me with the following information;

-An up to date statement of account showing the outstanding balance.

-A list of transactions including dates and amounts made on the account since XXX 200X

-A copy of any notice of assignment, default notice and credit agreement applicable to the account.

- Details of bank account so I may set up a standing order, and any reference number required.

- Confirmation as to whether any charges and interest has ceased being applied to the account.

Once I have this information I will put together my financial statement and offer of payment to you. I expect this payment to be higher than the payments that were being made through Compass Debt Counsellors.

Your patience and co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your speedy response.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay50 View Post
                          Our situation is the same goldragon.....and I am setting up a plan with StepChange and have sent a registered letter today to Abbey to cancel - who knows if I will get my 2 instalments back but have to try. Next thing is to send claim off to creditors...there is a link on this forum....
                          I feel so guilty and so stupid and my other half, says hge does not blame me, but his actions seem to be proving otherwise
                          Deejay, your bank should refund any DDM payments because it's a "bit dodgy". They took your money under false pretences. Quote all the many people on here. It seems Abbey are running scared and refunding everyone's money. Wingco
                          Last edited by Wingco; 4th April 2016, 23:04:PM.

Comment

Thanks for this.

I have had a good response from 90% of my creditors since the compass saga. All are now on a 30 day hold with 80% confirmed in writing. They have all be helpful and will accept a token payment to start with. We are now in a situation, going alone, that we are in control of all the pro-rata offers of payments that we end up being more than compass were paying. I just need to send a couple of CCA requests as I don't belive they can provide that as some of my debts are over 8 years old. So overall I am in a more positive situation than I have been in years to be honest.
                            That is great to hear. Any help/advice you can pass on for others would be very gratefully received I'm sure.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for this.

Aidie, can you list the companies you have responses from with a little more details; it helps everyone else. Thanks Wingco

Comment

I have sent a letter register ed post to Abbey requesting my monies back and have cancelled my S/O...do u think I have lost that money?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X