• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motor Mile Finance Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Mile Finance Again

Hi,

I would like some advice to give to my fiancee.

She bought a car on finance in October 2007 with British Credit Trust and due to certain circumstances was only able to make a few payments. The car was then given back to the finance company on her behalf (I don't have the full story, I wasn't around then, but she was unable to do anything regarding this 'handback')

She never heard anything from anybody until about 2 months ago when letters started arriving from MMF.

They were asking for £7142.19 (the original finance was £4800 plus fees and interest)

After a few of these, she wrote to MMF and asked for all relevant documentation regarding their Deed of Assignment.

She has today received a letter back from MMF stating that they have provided all documentation and enclosing a raft of letters. They included:

The original Credit Agreement dated October 2007 plus copies of related documents handed to BCT at the time.
    A letter headed 'Gothia' showing they had sold debts on 15/5/06; 28/4/08 and 31/7/08 to MMF and/or UK Search Ltd This is signed and dated July 2011
    A non letter headed letter supposedly from BCT entitled NOTIFICATION OF BALANCE OUTSTANDING this letter is dated 2/9/08. This was never originally received by her at all. It also shows how the current debt is calculated:

Total Amount Payable: £8354.15
    Less payments rec'd: £141.00
    Less Vehicle Sale Proceeds: £850.00

Balance Outstanding: £7363.15

Now there are a few things that don't appear right to me...

The 'Notice of Balance Outstanding' is on plain paper and not letter headed BCT paper. (all other BCT docs are headed) It could have been written by anyone. It has a 'computer' signature and is allegedly from 'Debt Recovery Department'
    The Vehicle Sale Proceeds are incredibly low, I know a little about vehicle disposal as I was in the motor trade for 10 years. Even at auction, the value would have been higher.
    There are no details of where and when the vehicle was disposed of and no proof of the disposal price.
    The 'NOBO' letter is dated September 08 whereupon the Deed of Assigments showed debts bought were for earlier dates....why was BCT still chasing if they had sold the debt?

I am not sure if my thinking is correct, but it doesn't all seem legit to me.

She acknowledges there probably is a debt (not to MMF though!) but wants the figures to add up and the dates to tally before she does anything else.

Can anyone let me know if my 'queries' with the paperwork are justified or is that how things work?
    Tags: None

Re: Motor Mile Finance Again

was the car on h/p and if so roughly how much did she pay back before returning the car?

I am gonna highlight this to a very good friend of mine if I may.. this is interesting.

Comment

my old friends next to welcome

tell me , how did you finance the vehicle, on line, dealership or broker

Comment

Hi,

The vehicle was bought under a Hire Purchase Agreement and 3 months payments were made in total. The agreement then fell into arrears by 3 months and the car was re-possessed. Apologies if this changes things, but I am trying to grab facts as I go along!

Edited to add:

It was bought through an online company who collected her to go and view the vehicle at a dealership.

Comment

Who was the online company

was it a company called credit plus

Comment

ok dont worry, its just when the experts come its best to have the facts.

May I ask you to try and get timeline of events, and the original creditors details to give us an outline.

If you have a scanner, it may be useful to upload the papers (fiannce's details obscures, and account numbers etc obscured ) if you need help with uploading, just call out for someone and we will talk you through it.

p

Comment

Thanks again for replying guys...

The credit agreement shows that the original company was Motor Car Credit in Northwich.

Puff, I have a scanner but it doesn't work with Win 7

Timeline of events:

Car bought in October 2007 no deposit paid. No part Ex. (which makes me think that the vehicle purchase price was maybe inflated to cover one or the other - a motor trade 'trick')

3 months payments made
              3 months payments missed

Car then re-possessed by BCT although money was available to bring payments up to date, it was apparently too late to stop repo.

Nothing then until letters started arriving from MMF (she ignored the first few and I didn't know about them) None were recorded delivery.

Then last week a doorstep call from a MMF rep handing over a 'pay it all now or agree terms in 5 days letter.

Letter to MMF requesting all details but not acknowledging debt sent last week.

Latest batch of docs with letter threatening legal arrived today.

I think that's about it.

Comment

Who was it who took you to the motor dealer

who introduced you to the dealer

company name please

its very important

WHO WAS THIS ONLINE COMPANY

Comment

Miliitant...

The online company was Motor Car Credit. They arranged a taxi to their premises. Apparently it wasn't a separate dealer, it was Motor Car Credit premises in Northwich. My Fiancee doesn't know a lot about garages and assumed it was a dealer.

Comment

The normal routine with bct is that a thid party arranges the finance with bct

did you have to pay any extra charges such as a delivery fee for example

Comment

No delivery fee or extra charges appear in the paperwork and she knows nothing about any other charges being levied.

A quick google search I did shows Motor Car Credit as Finance Brokers, so I would guess they are the 3rd party. Their website is non functional now and companies house don't list them. I don't know if they are still active.

Comment

Motor Car Credit have a distinctly not good google presence. Their only online review is very negative.

I wonder if they had a Consumer Credit Licence??
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Shovels out Millitant.

Motorcar credit northwich ... Details as follows.

70-78 OLD WARRINGTON ROAD
                          CW9 5LH NORTHWICH, CHESHIRE

Phone: 0800 195 6797
                          Fax: 01606 334410
                          Website obsoltete.

Post up again once I have more.

Comment

Just found out that Motor Car Credit folded and was restarted under the name Premier Car Credit, same address in Old Warrington Road, Northwich.

ETA:

Company details here

https://www.duedil.com/company/05327...credit-limited

How does this impact the current situation though?
                            Last edited by silvagod; 22nd November 2012, 20:28:PM.

Comment

The plot thickens, keep digging

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X