• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blemain Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blemain Finance

Originally posted by JC Sandhurst View Post
    I don't know if anyone's interested but, in the last couple of days, I've referred a Blemain set of signed documents to a solicitor that I deal with. Having looked at them, he believes that they probably contravene the rules of fairness to the client. Also, he believes that their early repayment penalties are harsh (as do most people here it would seem). The point is that it might be possible to launch a successful challenge against Blemain. The solicitor is NOT one of the claims management companies, neither am I. He does however have contacts with a barrister who is expert in consumer credit matters. If these things can be challenged, it would be at minimal cost so worth considering. Put a response on this blog if you're interested. Let's make Blemain hurt - they deserve it.
    Hi JC I am in same position with Blemain and having SAR the broker have proof they charged me ove 10K in secret commission.

Comment

i am very interested in using a solicitor to pursue a claim against them.
      please advise.

Comment

Good morning,

Blemain have been dreadful, and must be called to account, and I apologise for asking the question set out below in this thread - but in my humble opinion all of these sharks should be dealt with. I think the Consumer has waited long enough.

It is also right to say that there are also a great number of people with problems concerning GE Money and Swift Advances, would your Solicitor be prepared to pass information to Counsel for a separate class actions against each of these two companies?

As always best wishes to all

Dougal

Comment

I wish I'd had internet and done a search before I got involved with Blemain in 2008, I've just found this site and at last I don't feel I'm alone in what these people have been doing to me!!! I took out a loan for £14000,and only today have I received my first ever statement and find I now owe £17,2990!! My monthly payment is £187.29 and monthly interest is £193.98, so how they reckon this is a fixed term loan beats me! My statement also shows arrears of £187.29 and unpaid fees of £1,509.00 despite never having missed a payment, regularly making payments by direct debit or being given details of the charges. The only thing I can think it can be related to is my buildings insurance, which despite both myself and my bank/mortgage provider faxing and posting details to them, they still claim not to have received. I note comments about them not being regulated by the FSA, but my initial letters from them when setting up the loan stated that they were, or I'd never have taken it on. Has this changed recently? I see it's not on the letter I received today. It's a waste of time phoning them, they never phone back even although they say they will, I never get the same person twice when I ring and they always claim there is no record of my previous phone calls or letters. What's the best way to even try to sort all this crap out?

Comment

This may end up being posted on the wrong thread, I'm just learning how to do this! gallahad, I think it's time all of us who've been screwed by Blemain all stood up to them in one fell swoop! I'd be very interested! I was passed on to them from a phone call from "Clean Start" who claimed to be working on behalf of the government to help consumers reduce monthly outgoings on debt, by consolidation. My initial agreement was dealt with via DFD mortgages (based in Preston...the same company????), and then everything after that came from Blemain.

Good luck every-one! Lindy

Comment

I think it's time all of us who've been screwed by Blemain all stood up to them in one fell swoop! I'd be very interested! I was passed on to them from a phone call from "Clean Start" who claimed to be working on behalf of the government to help consumers reduce monthly outgoings on debt, by consolidation. My initial agreement was dealt with via DFD mortgages (based in Preston...the same company????), and then everything after that came from Blemain.

Read more at: Blemain Finance - Page 4 - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Hi Lindy,

I hope you don’t mind me replying on your thread – I’m writing from the customer relations team at Blemain Finance. We just wanted to apologise for some of the problems you’ve been having and to see if we can help to sort them out for you. Our direct line is xxxxxxxxxxxxx, if you’d like to give us a call.

Hope to hear from you soon so that we can resolve your issues for you as quickly as possible.
                Last edited by Amethyst; 24th March 2011, 17:16:PM. Reason: removed direct contact details - general number Telephone: 0844 499 0761

Comment

Originally posted by Blemain Finance View Post
                  Hi Lindy,

I hope you don’t mind me replying on your thread – I’m writing from the customer relations team at Blemain Finance. We just wanted to apologise for some of the problems you’ve been having and to see if we can help to sort them out for you. Our direct line is xxxxxxxxxxxxx, if you’d like to give us a call.

Hope to hear from you soon so that we can resolve your issues for you as quickly as possible.
                  Oh yes let me grab my shotgun and shoot that pig from the sky before it lands:whoo:
                  Last edited by Budgie; 24th March 2011, 19:16:PM. Reason: removed contact details

Comment

he he he!!! Is it possible to shoot aparitions?
                    Let's see what they have to say first....on here and in public eh?
                    Obviously must be worried?
                    Lindy

Comment

Has any-one else had a response from them on here or was it just lucky timing on my part?eace:

Comment

Originally posted by Blemain Finance View Post
                        Hi Lindy,

I hope you don’t mind me replying on your thread – I’m writing from the customer relations team at Blemain Finance. We just wanted to apologise for some of the problems you’ve been having and to see if we can help to sort them out for you. Our direct line is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, if you’d like to give us a call.

Thank-you for the apology and I hope you don't mind me replying on this thread too? I'm sure any responses you make may also benefit some other users.
                        However apologies do not undo the charges which appear to have been levied onto my account, without prior notification and which I do not understand. Moreover despite being assured via my many phone calls in the past, that these charges would be rectified, they still remain on my account today.
                        1. Arrears of monthly payments : £187.39: Despite having paid by direct debit from the start date of March 2008, and having missed not a single payment.
                        2. Balance of un-paid fees: £1509.00: I can only presume these are the charges levied when I asked for a balance last year having not received any statement since 2009 and also the buildings insurance charges plus administration fees levied every year despite both my insurers and myself having faxed and posted policy details to you. (Given that my loan is only for £14,000, I fail to see how building insurance for that amount can possibly exceed the total cost of my full building plus contents insurance from Barclays Bank (with whom I also have my endowment mortgage and on both of which you were named as an interested party when I first took out the loan)

Today I also note that the monthly interest now exceeds my monthly payment. I have received no notification whatsoever from you that the interest rate had changed and as a responsible lender would expect you to advise me that I would need to increase my monthly payments in order to repay the loan within the agreed timescale. I now find I owe more than £3000 more than when I first took out the loan!
                        I would like a full breakdown and full details of ALL unpaid fees, payments and charges levied by you on my account, together with the dates these were incurred.
                        I have kept copies of all my communications in writing and saved all made by e-mail to you, plus the dates, times and names of persons I have spoken to on the telephone from the time that I started the agreement with you via DFS.
                        To date, I have received no response whatsoever from your company to any of my queries or complaints.
                        Forgive me therefore if I remain sceptical that your response on here will actually bring about any change. My gut intuition tells me that I find myself in a situation where I will never be able to repay this loan within the timescale and therefore eventually be forced to sell my home in order to do so. (Not a very pleasant prospect at the age of 60 and due soon to retire!)

I welcome your resonse, Blemain!
                        Lindy
                        Last edited by Amethyst; 24th March 2011, 17:14:PM. Reason: removed contact details

Comment

Lindy, you may also ask why they do not provide account statements to all their customers even if it were only once a year. This would at least indicate that they believe they have no underhand practices to conceal.
                          G

Comment

Originally posted by gallahad View Post
                            Lindy, you may also ask why they do not provide account statements to all their customers even if it were only once a year. This would at least indicate that they believe they have no underhand practices to conceal.
                            G
                            Thank-you, yes I will. I asked for one last year but of course there was the usual fee for the statement, plus the admin charges! That's why I was so surprised to get a statement today when I hadn't requested one!!! I wonder how much they will add to my account for that and not tel me!!

Lindy

Comment

Originally posted by xanadoo View Post
                              Lets put Blemain finance topic here and see if anyone else has had the experience?
                              With over 9,000 views on the thread, I'd say lots have had the experience lol!
                              Last edited by lindybee; 23rd March 2011, 20:55:PM. Reason: mis spelling

Comment

Lindybee,

Thanks for offering us the opportunity to answer some of your concerns.

Data Protection laws prevent us from discussing anything specifically relating to your account on a public forum, but we would really like to help resolve some of the concerns you have.

edit

Kind regards,

Customer relations, Blemain Finance

Last edited by Amethyst; 24th March 2011, 17:10:PM. Reason: removed contact details

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X