• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA Request

Originally posted by chris260483 View Post
    the debt is £15500 on a credit card
    TBH, a figure by itself is meaningless out of context. For someone on benefits, that is huge; for Peter Jones he'd pay it no problem. The previous posts give us some idea of the context, but we don't know your full situation, nor do we need to.

Comment

i know that, i was just saying in regards to my credit ref it doesnt matter if i clear the whole debt in full or come to an arrangement with them for part payment as they have already defaulted me my credit is still screwed

Comment

i know that, i was just saying in regards to my credit ref it doesnt matter if i clear the whole debt in full or come to an arrangement with them for part payment as they have already defaulted me my credit is still screwed
        Indeed!

Comment

hi Guys & Girls,

I have received my DSAR today and there is something on it i find interesting regarding Defaults -

Copies of Default, Enforcement and assignment notices are not saved by customer name sw we are unable to provide copies under a Data Subject Access request.

Is this normal?

Comment

i now have a copy of the signed CCA, will post it on here for you to advise on as is different to the reconstructed one

Comment

hi Guys & Girls,

I have received my DSAR today and there is something on it i find interesting regarding Defaults -

Copies of Default, Enforcement and assignment notices are not saved by customer name sw we are unable to provide copies under a Data Subject Access request.

Is this normal?
              Can you smell it?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

should they not have sent me my Default? im a bit confused as i though a DSAR was for everything?

Comment

and if they have not sent me one is the default on my CR even valid?

Comment

Originally posted by chris260483
                    here it is
                    Did you really apply on XMAS DAY 2001? :christmas3: And got approved a month later? :noidea:

There's quite a lot missing on that page with the terms, which seems to have been a bad cut and paste job, is that how it looks to you, i.e. with a border all around the terms? Because that would suggest they overlaid something onto something else!

The terms start at 3, where are 1 & 2? :confused2: I see reference to "Conditions 5(f) and (g)" but there is no 5 on there at all! There's mention of "Condition 7" and even "Condition 11", but nothing past number 4. If that's all they sent, I can't see it being an agreement containing all the terms by any stretch of the imagination!

Comment

should they not have sent me my Default? im a bit confused as i though a DSAR was for everything?
                      and if they have not sent me one is the default on my CR even valid?
                      Sadly, after McGuffick v RBS, it was established that reporting to the CRAs does not constitute enforcement, which means they can still record a default against you even without a proper agreement, as your credit files merely reflect your conduct with the account, i.e. if you didn't keep up contractual repayments, this fact can be recorded: :sad:
                      Mr Justice Flaux concluded that not only did reporting to the various CRAs not amount to enforcement, but that a number of other activities did not constitute enforcement either, such as:
                      • reporting to CRAs without also telling them that the agreement is currently unenforceable
                      They should have sent you a Default Notice under s.87 of the CCA after a couple or so missed payments, but the lack of a compliant DN doesn't preclude reporting to the CRAs.

Comment

this is strange, there is no way i would have done this on xmas day for 1, in one of my earlier post i put up the reconstructed copy they sent me prior to my DSAR request.

if i now have this does it mean the reconstructed stuff is not valid as it doesnt match what i actually had/have now been sent?

Im sure if i done a form like this i would have done it in branch.

whats my best course of action?

Comment

is this now UE? surly they cant provide a reconstructed copy on the assumption that thats what they gave me and then when i DSAR them send me something that falls short of this?

Comment

or does UE no longer exist due to the fact they can just knock up T&C at their leisure ?

Comment

I also note that the PPI box is ticked.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

already done that, and on my ppi link i have done a spreedsheet to make sure its correct

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X