• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA Request

No. I'm afraid not. The documents they sent you pertaining to the 2001 credit card probably do comply. (Compliance is not an exact B&W science and can only ever be fully resolved in a court of law. However, when negotiating, its always nice to have something 'big and shiny' in terms of non compliance to sabre rattle with. You do not have this :tinysmile_cry_t

The fact that they sent you an extra document pertaining to an old loan is irrelevant as it has been sent in addition to the CCA request in error. It's your data, so they haven't breached the DPA. I certainly wouldn't read too much into this issue.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

so on a cca request all they have to supply is a copy of the T&C?

Doesnt have to have credit limit etc?

Comment

They have to supply a copy of the T&Cs AND agreement/application that were present when you signed for the card application. If they haven't got a copy of the application itself, they can supply a recon. The T&Cs would be generic, because you hadn't yet been approved, therefore if they supplied a credit limit at THAT stage it would indicate the account had already been assessed and approved. The lack of a credit limit to me suggests the T&Cs are those that accompanied the application itself.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          Of course! Why would you pay in full when you can get them to accept a lower offer? :noidea:

They would be fools not to accept this and I wouldn't offer any more. Let's be realistic: even with the best diet and a very healthy lifestyle, you're not likely to live that long, are you? :grin:
          You are cruel Miss Parrot. It's only 618 years and 8 months away. I plan on being around long after that! :tung: :beagle:

Comment

ha,

so looking at the documents i have put up have they supplied both T&C's and agreement/application?

Comment

and if this went to court would what they have supplied be enough to enforce the debt?

Comment

If this went to court, I would say, yes they have supplied enough.

Comment

Originally posted by chris260483 View Post
                  Well I can never remember being presented with terms and conditions at the time to be honest,
                  Not really good enough, as to challenge the veracity of what has been supplied you would need to be able to make some honest assertion that "I did not sign that, but did instead sign x,y,z". As Wegmuller did in HFO vs Wegmuller.

Comment

Call from Lloyds, they reject my offer so im going to set up paying them back £2.00 per month for the next 618 years! Is that not crazy of them?

Comment

they didnt even offer a counter offer

Comment

Call from Lloyds, they reject my offer so im going to set up paying them back £2.00 per month for the next 618 years! Is that not crazy of them?
                        I would suggest not dealing with these matters over the phone at all! Everything should be kept in writing, especially if you are negotiating offers.

The most extreme example I know of why you shouldn't deal over the phone was someone who entered into a repayment plan for a loan in 2000, where the creditor promised to freeze interest over the phone hone:. 12 years later, the debtor was presented with a balance of £24k :scared: :scared: :scared: because they'd been adding interest all these years! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Comment

all of my offers etc are in writing, ive just responded to them saying how disappointed i am they have rejected the offer as this was the most sensible offer i could do, told them the funds will no longer be avialiable to me as the loan from my parents was only on offer if all of my creditors accepted F&F to get me debt free and asked them to send me bank details so i can set up a payment of £2.00 from 01/09/2013 - 01/04/2631 of which i stated in my offer letter.

i just dont understand them to be honest :s

Comment

and its a cc in default so i think by law once it goes into default they cant charge interest?

Comment

i really want to get this cleared but cant go above what i have offered, any ideas or anyone with experience with lloyds?

Comment

and its a cc in default so i think by law once it goes into default they cant charge interest?
                                Not quite, you'll find they often do keep adding interest, the loan in the case above was also in default and on a reduced payment arrangement. In your case, it sounds like they have frozen interest, haven't they? As it will take you several lifetimes to repay the debt at that rate, it'll very likely end up being sold to a DCA, who will have paid just 10% or so of the outstanding balance, making them more likely to accept a low offer. Keep written records of the attempts you've made to settle this, they may come in handy. :typing:

As you are paying just a token amount anyway, try not to worry about their rejection, there is no law that says you can't try again at a future date. :thumb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X