• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCA Request

So it's enforceable ?

Comment

It's only my personal opinion, but I'd say yes it's enforceable. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

But am I correct in thinking they have failed to supply what they needed to under 78?

Comment

Originally posted by chris260483 View Post
          But am I correct in thinking they have failed to supply what they needed to under 78?
          No, they HAVE satisfied the requirements of s.78. If you applied for the card in 2001, then it looks like those are the terms from inception. The only way you could argue that point is if there were things that don't add up, for example, charges, of if you'd taken the card out in, say, 2000 and they'd supplied later terms which would not have been in place at the time.

I note there is reference to both a credit card AND a loan… :confused2:

Comment

Yeah there is reference to a credit card and loan because that is what they sent me.

Comment

So why do you think it's UE, Chris?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Well I can never remember being presented with terms and conditions at the time to be honest, I defaulted the credits card in 2009 and was considering offering a f&f offer to get rid of the debt as they are now with credit search on behalf of Lloyds. In 2 years they are removed from my CR so not sure what my best option is.

I thought if it was UE it would give me more leverage when negotiating a %

Comment

Yeah there is reference to a credit card and loan because that is what they sent me.
                  What happened to the loan? Is it all paid off? :confused2:

Well I can never remember being presented with terms and conditions at the time to be honest, I defaulted the credits card in 2009 and was considering offering a f&f offer to get rid of the debt as they are now with credit search on behalf of Lloyds. In 2 years they are removed from my CR so not sure what my best option is.
                  Can you remember exactly what happened in 2001? There are things I distinctly remember from that time while others are a blur, so it's not impossible. :noidea:

Forget about your credit file because whether you offer a F&F or not won't affect the default recorded on it, as it reflects your conduct with the account.

I thought if it was UE it would give me more leverage when negotiating a %
                  It could be the case, however, debts are purchased for around 10% of the outstanding balance, which means anything higher than that would mean a profit for the DCA. :wof: If the alternative is to incur the admin costs of processing token payments for years, they may well give your offer serious consideration. I'd start at 20%... :thumb:

Before you make an offer do post up here, you need to make sure they won't sell the balance on to another DCA who will then pursue you for it. :rant:

Comment

the loan is all sorted and paid off ages ago

I cant really remember from 2001 so its difficult

The default comes off in 2 years so would u say its better for me to make a f&f offer to get rid of the debt instead of paying in full (i know either wont affect my CR as the default has been done but at least the debt will be gone)

the debt has not been sold on as they are acting on behalf of Lloyds so am unsure what Lloyds will accept, i have sent them a letter offering 4200 out of 14830 or i pay them £2 per month for 7425 months as this is all i can afford. In may i offered them 2970 but this was rejected.

I put on the letter that i make the offer in clear understanding that if they accept the debt will not be sold on etc and they will not take any further action to enforce the debt in anyway and that i am released for any liability, I have also requested they mark any reference on my credit files as satisfied in full.

I will let you know there response

I just want to get shot of the debt and then when it comes off my CR in 2015 i can forget it ever happened

Comment

The default comes off in 2 years so would u say its better for me to make a f&f offer to get rid of the debt instead of paying in full (i know either wont affect my CR as the default has been done but at least the debt will be gone)
                      Of course! Why would you pay in full when you can get them to accept a lower offer? :noidea:

the debt has not been sold on as they are acting on behalf of Lloyds so am unsure what Lloyds will accept, i have sent them a letter offering 4200 out of 14830 or i pay them £2 per month for 7425 months as this is all i can afford. In may i offered them 2970 but this was rejected.
                      They would be fools not to accept this and I wouldn't offer any more. Let's be realistic: even with the best diet and a very healthy lifestyle, you're not likely to live that long, are you? :grin:

Ideally, the offer letter should state something along the lines of "A relative has offered to make these funds available to settle this debt but the funds will only be available for an limited amount of time, if you reject this offer now there won't be another one", otherwise it has the potential to turn into an auction! :argue:

Comment

Ill await their response and then offer them the same amount quoting that this is all i can get etc and see what they say, hopefully they will accept this but im not gonna hold my breath.

Cheers

Comment

From what Ive read, maybe Ive misunderstood? This debt is still with Lloyds and hasn't been sold to a DCA?

But even original creditors will accept lower settlements. From memory, people have got as low as 30-40%.

Good luck :beagle:
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                            From what Ive read, maybe Ive misunderstood? This debt is still with Lloyds and hasn't been sold to a DCA?
                            You're right, the debt is still with Lloyds as below:

Comment

the debt is still with Lloyds, they are using credit security to chase etc but all offers etc they pass onto lloyds, They are asking for 12k of the debt at the moment (their offer) but i am not able to go anywhere near that.

Comment

can i just check.....

on the CCA request they sent me t&c's for the credit card (reconstructed) from 2001 and a statement from a loan i had which had nothing to do with the Credit card, i have informed them that they have sent me the wrong info (loan statement).

Does this mean they have failed to comply because of their mistake?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X