• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is it safe to contest the CCA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it safe to contest the CCA?

Originally posted by Differentjudge View Post
    in the case of slevin

the judge applied pressure not to seek an adjournment. His words to slevin were

" we dont want to waste more time and incur additional costs in adjourning the hearing do we? "

any comments ?
    Is that heresay or is it recorded in the trial transcript?

Comment

what difference does it make? thats the sort of bo11ocks judges come out with all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
        what difference does it make? thats the sort of bo11ocks judges come out with all the time.
        If it has been transcribed into the transcript it could be included in any appeal argument as it shows bias IMO--if it does not appear than it cannot be brought up.

Not all Judges are bi-lingual having mastery of both English & bo11ocks,just most of those involved in Us v the Banks it would seem.

Comment

transcript is not available yet but is on its way

it will definitely show that in the transcript

also

" a reconstituted agreement is sufficient for the purposes of satisfying S60/61.. otherwise why have a system for reconstituting them. The lender could just snd a photocopy to any one requesting a copy of agreement under s77/78"

or words to that effect

Now that is B******ks

Comment

transcript is not available yet but is on its way

it will definitely show that in the transcript
            As long as the Judge doesn't put his red pencil through that sentence first!

Comment

surely he wouldnt do that ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Differentjudge View Post
                surely he wouldnt do that ! ! !
                The 'judgment' has to be approved by the judge.

The transcript of the hearing does not have to be approved and usually comes straight from the transcribers.

HTH

Dad

Comment

That is what got my goat when I was called for jury service years ago, all you heard from court/Judge was daily/weekly cost to run cases so do not waste time making judgment (or similiar words) etc, even when we were out deliberating on a Friday lunchtime they were preparing for the next case on the benches, we came back out for further directions from the judge, so we could see the preparation, after we went back to the room 1 hour later we returned to courtroom to pass verdict, papers were taken away.

Comment

PT - do you have a copy of Crutcley v GoDebt available to put in VIP or publicly at all ? Deals with assignment doesn't it, which I think a few people are looking at in their cases at the mo so it might be useful.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Another loss over on CAG - not CAG s fault it was with a NWNF sols - MBNA/Restons taking me to court - sounds like recon docs won the day again.

And out of court a win... cupcake68 Vs Monument
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

MBNA hmmm

Wait for a High Court Case to have judgment handed down,

Even if the case is lost it will provide a valuable insight into the proceedures they use etc

I can say no more on this at this
                        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Be interesting PT. is this the same one you mentioned a while back that you were waiting for ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

yeah
                            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

Yet another disastrous decision today!!

kaz3571 V Cabot

Looks like the silly season is now in full swing--hardly worth having laws if the judiciary take no notice of them!

Comment

im not sure that its silly season,

its the problem you face as a litigant in person,

I have posted a few case results on our firm website recently,

We even beat a firm of solicitors for a large bank who had a CCJ and Charging order. the case details are on our website too.

The problem is a good understanding of the law, which most LIPs struggle with

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X