• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CL Finance Ltd/ Howard Cohens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CL Finance Ltd/ Howard Cohens

HELPPPP!!!

I'm really starting to panic now, I phoned the courts this morning to find out the progress of the allocation questionaire I filed with them. They have told me there will be a hearing in Feb 2010, they said they will be sending me details in the post. What can I do or what should I do, I feel really sick now!

Comment

Don't panic.
      There's always the possibility of a hearing anyway.
      We'll be prepared.

Comment

Will it mean that I will have to attend court?
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        I have another question, sorry! I have other credit card debts which I have struggled to keep up repayments with and I haven't paid for months. We receive numerous telephone calls each day but refuse to answer because I know I can't afford to pay them. Would you go down the route of reviewing the credit agreements as they are all pre 2007 and identifying the unenforceable ones or would you suggest that I enter a debt management plan?

I have really had enough of worrying about my finances & it's starting to effect the way I am behaving towards my family. Especially as I don't feel I can talk about it to my husband. What would you suggest please?
        Last edited by Dizzy; 30th November 2009, 12:51:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Who are the credit cards with? Might be best if you start a new thread for each one, detailing the amount owing, if there are charges etc. If there are charges which outweigh the balance owing then that could be the way to go, recalim the charges to reduce the balance then agree a payment plan if needs be. OR use CCA to render the debt unenforceable, although we don't advocate using CCA as a means of debt avoidance in general. If you post up details we could advise which is the best way to proceed. And even if the debt is unenforceable due to CCA, this doesn't mean it disappears, just that they can't enforce it. It won't stop it being passed round from DCA to DCA for the next god knows how long. I know how you feel, been there, done it, got the teeshirt and sent the postcard. At least now you are facing it and you wil be able to make some progress and get sorted, and stop worrying every time the phone rings.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
            Will it mean that I will have to attend court?
            I have another question, sorry! I have other credit card debts which I have struggled to keep up repayments with and I haven't paid for months. We receive numerous telephone calls each day but refuse to answer because I know I can't afford to pay them. Would you go down the route of reviewing the credit agreements as they are all pre 2007 and identifying the unenforceable ones or would you suggest that I enter a debt management plan?

I have really had enough of worrying about my finances & it's starting to effect the way I am behaving towards my family. Especially as I don't feel I can talk about it to my husband. What would you suggest please?

You should try and talk to your hubby if you can, I know it seems easy for me to say but more than likely he will know something is not right. You need some support at the moment till we get you sorted and your family are far the best to do that.
            Anyway your here now and you will get the help you need, please try and give us all the info you can, even if you do it by pm to one of the team, or anyone who is helping you.
            Have a read about the forum you will see you are not on your own, far from it.
            Good Luck Enaid x

Comment

Thanks Enaid, at times like this you always think you are alone, I've been trying to get round to sorting my finances out for months, but with being on maternity leave & having two children under the age of 2 and then returning to work & working all hours possible (self employed), I just haven't had the time. The thing is my two children and my husband are bearing the brunt of my problems & that shouldn't be. Sorry for pouring out my problems. This is almost turning in to agony aunt column!!

Comment

LOL never mind it does you good to let it out.
                Being self employed, if your credit cards have any PPI on them then that can more than likely be reclaimed as it is probably no use to you.
                When you start your other threads don't forget to mention it if you have it.

Comment

Two children under 2???? I'd need more than an agony aunt, I'd need a whole Agony Family! But just remember they are not just your problems, they are hubbies as well. Although Enaid will say I'm a fine one to talk cos I don't tell my OH the half of it - I work on the need to know basis, but if you do that you have to be able to put it to one side and just deal with it, and not let it get to you.

Have you done an I/E sheet? Might be worth doing that and then we could have a look and suggest ways forward?
                  Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                    Who are the credit cards with? Might be best if you start a new thread for each one, detailing the amount owing, if there are charges etc. If there are charges which outweigh the balance owing then that could be the way to go, recalim the charges to reduce the balance then agree a payment plan if needs be. OR use CCA to render the debt unenforceable, although we don't advocate using CCA as a means of debt avoidance in general. If you post up details we could advise which is the best way to proceed. And even if the debt is unenforceable due to CCA, this doesn't mean it disappears, just that they can't enforce it. It won't stop it being passed round from DCA to DCA for the next god knows how long. I know how you feel, been there, done it, got the teeshirt and sent the postcard. At least now you are facing it and you wil be able to make some progress and get sorted, and stop worrying every time the phone rings.
                    Thanks Wendy.

I have cards with MBNA approx £10k, Barclaycard approx £3k, Capital One approx £5k but I have a payment plan arrangement with them. M & S £1.5k I also have a loan with Cahoot & Egg, together with a creit card with Egg fro £5k but they have gone silent on me! The reason for mounting up the debt was that I lent some money to a family friend £13k and I was promised it would be repaid with interest, but I have never seen the money and it has put me in to dire straits! I wish it was because I was a compulsive shopper but far from it! I then took maternity leave twice in 2 years & struggled on the minimum maternity pay and now I'm struggling big style to work all hours & look after the family.

I will set up new threads and copy in my CCA's for the loans & cards but I'm afraid it won't be until I get some spare time.

Thank you all for your advice

Comment

Thanks Dizzy.

have you asked the friend about repaying the money? What do they say?

Does OH work, and help out with the kids?

And presumably there are charges on the credit cards, as i mentioned in post #34. I know you obviously don't have much spare time, but tbh soritng your finances out has to be a big priority and well worth sneaking an hour here and there to get going on it. You'll feel better for just starting, beleive me.

Good thing is, with your children being so young (and I don't mean to be harsh here, just realistic) you will be able to get away with not spening fortunes on them for Christmas. at least they are not yet at the stage of demanding designer this and that lol.
                      Is no longer here

Comment

Two children under 2???? I'd need more than an agony aunt, I'd need a whole Agony Family! But just remember they are not just your problems, they are hubbies as well. Although Enaid will say I'm a fine one to talk cos I don't tell my OH the half of it - I work on the need to know basis, but if you do that you have to be able to put it to one side and just deal with it, and not let it get to you.

Have you done an I/E sheet? Might be worth doing that and then we could have a look and suggest ways forward?
                        Thanks Wendy, you get used to having two children under 2!

It's tough on us because we don't live any where near our family, we have good reliable neighbours though!

I will also prepare an income & expenditure sheet when I get a few moments.

Thanks
                        Thanks Dizzy.

have you asked the friend about repaying the money? What do they say?

I have been given lots of false promises. My mum is worse off she lent her £40k and together we were both too trusting & stupid! We have been to the police but they won't deal with it as it is a civil matter and stated that it could be perceived as a gift, also we never got a receipt or anything in writing which makes matters worse, CAB said almost the same but said we could threaten her with debtor letters and high court but that costs money. I can't ever see it being repaid.

Does OH work, and help out with the kids?

Hubby looks after the girls in the mornings and they sometimes go to nursery in the afternoons. He then goes to work and works till the early hours of the mornings. He is good in the week but says the weekend is his time to do things he hasn't been able to do in the week which is fair enough but I don't ever get any time to do what I want to do. (Say's she now writing this when she should be working!)

And presumably there are charges on the credit cards, as i mentioned in post #34. I know you obviously don't have much spare time, but tbh soritng your finances out has to be a big priority and well worth sneaking an hour here and there to get going on it. You'll feel better for just starting, beleive me.

Yes I have lots of charges mounting up, would this include interest too? I know I must get round to sorting my finances, it's beginning to make me feel ill.

Good thing is, with your children being so young (and I don't mean to be harsh here, just realistic) you will be able to get away with not spening fortunes on them for Christmas. at least they are not yet at the stage of demanding designer this and that lol.
                        That's true, we don't spend much on them anyway because we get given alot of things from the family fortunately, but I know what you mean, they're happier with a cardboard box & some colourful paper at this age!!:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                        Last edited by Dizzy; 1st December 2009, 10:32:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes, there would be interest reclaimable on the charges. Need to know first how much the charges are on each one, and what difference refunds of charges would make to the balances, before you decide whether to go charges route or CCA route. Having siad that, Barclaycard and MBNA were a piece of cake to get charges back from, as are Capital One. You need to SAR them all then once you've got all the info we can advise which way to go. I'm not very up on CCA, not sure if you could do charges then CCA? Curly is the best one to advise on that.

I never seem to have time for what I want to do either, but these days i just make the time, tbh. Tell him you work all week too, and you deserve some time to yourself as well! But it will get better, it always does in the end x
                          Is no longer here

Comment

Yes, there would be interest reclaimable on the charges. Need to know first how much the charges are on each one, and what difference refunds of charges would make to the balances, before you decide whether to go charges route or CCA route. Having siad that, Barclaycard and MBNA were a piece of cake to get charges back from, as are Capital One. You need to SAR them all then once you've got all the info we can advise which way to go. I'm not very up on CCA, not sure if you could do charges then CCA? Curly is the best one to advise on that.

I SAR'd MBNA earlier in the year and they sent me terms & conditions but not my original sugned agreement they stated that they weren't allowed to due to the Data protection Act from memory, I'll have to dig the correspondence out from my heap of junk mail but I know they refused to send me the original agreement which seems ominous!

I never seem to have time for what I want to do either, but these days i just make the time, tbh. Tell him you work all week too, and you deserve some time to yourself as well! But it will get better, it always does in the end x
                            I'm glad I'm not the only one - thanks Wendy X:grin:

Comment

Thats cos they probably haven't got the original agreement lol. It's a different letter for CCA, as I recall, and you have to send £1. Did they send you statements so you can see what your charges are? Have a look at my MBNA thread here
                              Going back to the original court claim that started this thread - you said it was a Santander card? is this a store card, credit card? or what? How old is it? Would there perchance be charges on it? Or are we going the CCA route? or don't we know until CL/HC or whoever they are come up with the CPR stuff?

With any luck they'll give up, do a Bryan and discontinue once they realise you mean business.
                              Last edited by WendyB; 1st December 2009, 11:43:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Is no longer here

Comment

Thats cos they probably haven't got the original agreement lol. It's a different letter for CCA, as I recall, and you have to send £1. Did they send you statements so you can see what your charges are? Have a look at my MBNA thread here

No they just sent me a speal of terms & conditions.
                                I'll take a look at your thread thanks, I will also ask for old statements or a list of charges from them when I get round to it.

Going back to the original court claim that started this thread - you said it was a Santander card? is this a store card, credit card? or what? How old is it? Would there perchance be charges on it? Or are we going the CCA route? or don't we know until CL/HC or whoever they are come up with the CPR stuff?

With any luck they'll give up, do a Bryan and discontinue once they realise you mean business.
                                It's a House of Fraser store card and I believe I signed up for it in 2007. There are late payment charges and PPI I believe was charged too. I don't believe Curlyben has told me to request charges be repaid, he was more concerned that CL/HC don't have the original agreement and the way they deal with things when they threaten court action. Will I have to attend court if there is a hearing in Feb 2010 do you know?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X