• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CL Finance Ltd/ Howard Cohens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CL Finance Ltd/ Howard Cohens

No need as you have already made an official request for information, which they have flatly refused.

Did you ever receive anything from Santandar to say you account had been sold and who to ??

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      No need as you have already made an official request for information, which they have flatly refused.

Did you ever receive anything from Santandar to say you account had been sold and who to ??
      Not a sausage

Comment

Excellent
        *rubs Hands*

You need to read this thread: Debt purchasing and assignment - Legal Beagles

Comment

Do you think Santander still have legal title over my debt, ie. HC do not have absolute entitlement even though the NOA states it is "assigned to CL Finance Limited absolutely"?

Comment

Until CL prove otherwise, you can only assume this is an equitable assignment.
            In which case they have NO rights to bring this action.
            Howard is well known for bulk filing claims of this nature.
            He almso got me till I RoShamBo'd him

Now you are starting to understand what a bunch of "idiots" CL and Cohens actually are..

Comment

They should be reported to the Law Society because they are giving solicitors and debt collection agencies a bad name not that DCA's have anything good going for them anyway!!!
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              If the debt is struck out at Court, could it be sold on by CL Finance so that the whole process starts over again?
              Last edited by Dizzy; 14th October 2009, 20:47:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I posted a link to LCS earlier, post #14
                Give them a call and explain the situation.

As and when they lose in court any further action on the same cause is barred without the courts permission.
                Not to worry though, if it gets that far we'll go for a declaration under s142

Comment

Hi Curlyben

I received a notice of transfer of proceedings - transferred to local court and also received an allocation questionnaire which has to be completed on or before 2 November. Presumably this is normal?

Comment

Completely.
                    It's transferred out when you enter your defence.

With the AQ you are looking at the month stay for settlement route with some directions

Comment

Hi Curlyben

The AQ N149 has to be in tomorrow, I've been so busy with my 2 babies that I've only just found time to complete it! I can hand it in by hand tonight to our local court so that it is received on time but I was wondering, do I need to complete section G - other information, if so what should I write?

Thanks

Dizzy

Comment

Hi Curlyben

Sorry to be a pain but did you have chance to look at my earlier post as I need to complete the form tonight?

Thanks

Dizzy

Comment

Well under Other Information you need to bring the courts attention to Cohen's non-compliance of your CPR 31 request and as such you are seriously disadvantaged in your filing of any defence at all. Cohen's attempts to frustrate these proceedings are contrary to the overriding objective.

Comment

Thanks for replying promptly, I managed to send the form in on time, now presumably I have to wait to find out what the outcome is?

Comment

Hi Curlyben

I haven't heard anything from the court, nor from Howard Cohens. Do I continue to wait until I hear something?

Comment

Give the court a call in the morning and see what's going on with it..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X