• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays partnership finance PCP dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rob, I will put something together in the morning and post my response.

The only way to settle that now is through a third party as I’ve filed for a non molestation order which will be heard next week. We’re shifting over to different law now however it’s not even deemed safe for me to contact them anymore.

You can probably imagine the state of the situation I’m in and what it’s costing, the very last thing I want to be doing is settling this as well so I will literally let it go down to the wire if. There’s nothing stopping them collecting the car still, the person who has it has also said ‘the only people collecting it are Barclays’ to them and myself.

We seem to be out the 14 day time scale for the second time now!

Comment

Dear Miss Boot

I refer to my email below.

Could you please let me have your response.

Regards

I havent responded to them, shall I just wait until they’ve sent something a little more substantial or does it make me look bad ignoring them?

Comment

So did you respond to the initial request for confirmation or have you ignored them?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi Rob,
          i have just ignored it ‘calling their bluff’.

Comment

Good Morning, Jonathon.

I have made quite clear on numerous occasions to yourselves that the vehicle is available for collection. I have provided you with all the details you need to be able to do this.

I am finding it difficult to understand the relevance of your question. I have given you an opportunity to offer a settlement in my previous correspondence, due to the evidenced concern that your client has committed a repudiatory breach and again you appear to have disregarded the situation and the seriousness of this has been seemingly been ignored. There are also two separate breaches of GDPR which I have raised with yourselves, however I fail to remember a satisfactory response.

I am unable to emotionally continue in this dispute with yourselves and my next step will be to issue legal proceedings without any further formal warning, I feel there has been enough opportunity to settle this outside the legal arena, however for reasons unknown to me, your client has failed to act on these opportunities.

Kind regards,

Lauren

i sent end this email 26/03 and I’ve still not have any response yet, Rob!

Comment

Hi Rob,

i still havent had a response from DWF. Not in letter form or via email.

Many ideas what I should do?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

unbelievably, nearly 2 years on, this is still on-going. No contact from the solicitors since early 2019 and the car remains SORN on the drive as it was in May 2018.

Ive emailed the CEO of Barclays now in an attempt to get a resolution, but quite frankly, I feel like I’m wasting my time. Ultimately, it’s me who is suffering though, as I’ve had mortgage applications turned down now as a result of the defaulted credit file.
                absolutely sick to death of it, I will never have anything from Barclays ever again.

Comment

The only real outcome you are likely to get is to challenge them in court. Certainly I wouldn't have sat around for 2 years waiting for something to happen because it's clear from the passage of time that nothing is going to be done - I'm guessing they are waiting on you for the next move, but as you've done nothing, then it's probably going to continue.

You have 6 years to bring a claim, are you just going to keep the car on your drive forever if they don't do anything or ignore you?
                  If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                  Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Morning Rob,

find it difficult to believe they’re happy for a vehicle, which is their property, to not be returned to them. They’re at a huge financial loss and on that basis, they appear to have guilt written all over them.

im so appalled by them.
                    I will take it through the courts but will need a solicitor to support. Is there any recommendations for the east midlands area?

Comment

I am inclined to agree but at what point will that happen? It has already been sat on your drive for 2 years since you first started the process, what's to say that they will just leave things as they are until you decide to do something about it.

You don't necessarily need a solicitor in the east midlands unless you want to specifically attend their premises - we live in a technological world and many cases solicitors take on are not local. You can try pt2537 and see what he might be able to charge/advise you on as a starting point.
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

Barclays are saying they have ‘sold the debt on’ to a third party now, who will contact me to set up an appropriate re payment plan!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X