• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fendy - V - Natwest 16.1K, ***ABSOLUTELY WON***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fendy - V - Natwest 16.1K, ***ABSOLUTELY WON***

Hi there, just joined thanks to Natty and Deller,

Feeling bit of an outcast at moment. Reached crucial point with Cobbetts on my claim.

£11701.00 charges
    8% court stat interest
    £400 court filing fee

Total as at today £15,988.00

Cobbetts offered to settle with me last week for £15,500 after I extended an olive branch to them. They put it in an e mail, they put it in a letter, promising to get my cheque to me no later than Monday 4th June. We had a telephone hearing with Keighley Court for directions and allocation of track schedule for Tuesday 5th June, and I told them in order for me to stop the claim and inform the court, I would need cheque in hand, or money deposited in my account no later than Monday 4th. Well money never materialised. I was called at approx. 6.00pm on the monday evening by Alexandra Matich at Cobbetts advising, and I have to say she was very very lovely, that she was very very sorry but because suddenly Natwest had queries with my spreadsheet, i.e. they didnt think some of the charges were legitimate, that they needed longer to go through it, so the phone conference would have to go ahead. I was furious, but it went ahead. I felt very out of my depth, not sure of what I was saying, but basically I felt the judge was very much on my side. I had copied the judge in that morning with e mail and hard copy letter from Cobbetts saying they were going to settle. He really put the Cobbets guy through the mill on the phone asking why if they said one thing had they changed their mind. Cobbetts said they had some query with some of my charges hence why they had not settled. The judge blasted them for messing about, and let them go ahead with directions.

1) Allocation to fast track
    2) Standard disclosure by 26th June
    3) Inspection by 10th July
    4) Case Management conference by 9th August
    5) Hearing date shortly afterwards
    6) Cobbetts requested the hearing to be taken by a circuit judge. The judge presiding refused point blank and said why ? Cobbetts guy said, Erm erm erm erm I dunno, its just says on my piece of paper here to ask for one, lol lol lol lol, boy was it nice to hear him squirm, he asks for circuit judge and doesnt know why, ugh. Judge refused point blank.

Why would he want a circuit judge ?? I dunno. Dont understand.

Anyways, I emailed AM at Cobbetts after the hearing. I withdrew my offer to settle at £15,500 and said due to their messing me about I wanted the whole lot now and wasted court costs too. OK Ok I know I know, I acted out of anger and pure frustration. And then regretted it yesterday. She had genuinely been very lovely to me, and actually didnt deserve to be treated like that by me. So I did the right thing and e mailed to apologise to her yesterday. I also said, that I would still settle if they wanted to offer me £15,900 which is only 80 quid short of the current total. She e mailed me back to say she would call me today.

OK, where do I stand. I know Im gonna have to do full disclosure list, but not quite sure of what Im doing. I have some idea of what I put, but need to know, should I put a file on me which I know Natwest have at their premier banking suite in Bradford. We had account there and used to regular reviews with our manager there, and over the years I have complained time and time and time again about the charges, and they must have kept copies of all my letters. Can I make them disclose that file or not. ie. can I list it on my list, and put not in my possession but I know it exists........... all a bit blurry. ..... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fendy weather. xxxxx
    Natwest Round 1 - Won £16,080 after 6 month battle :roll:
    Abbey Round 1 - Won £5,580 after 5 month battle :okay:
    Capital 1 Credit Card - Won £1230 in 2 months
    Capital 1 Cred Card for Hubby - Won £1560 in 2 months :kiss:
    Abbey MBNA Credit Card - Won £2210 in 3 months
    Halifax Credit Card - Won £1680 in 2 months

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
    Natwest round 2
    Abbey Round 2
    Yorkshire Bank round 1
    A further £6000 to come back from above 3 when I win.:roll:

Thanks Deller, already feels like a nice warm welcome, Lol Lol. Yeah, I was surprised because my dealing with Cobbetts have actually been very civilized. They seem like nice people, that could be me being naive though, Lol Lol. Have been accused of that plenty in my lifetime, Lol xxxx

So I will of course let you know the outcome of the call today. I soooooooo dont want to have to do the disclosure list. I will if I have to, but Ive extended another olive branch to them yesterday say I would accept £15900, unless of course they find any charges that shouldnt be on the sheet. The thing is, they make me doubt it. I was so positive and sure that everything on there was absolutely correct. Ive checked through it all 7 pages about 6 times, and I cant see anything wrong with it. Ive claimed for bounced direct debits, cheques, returned standing orders etc. referral fees and unauthorised overdraft fees of 14 quid a time. So what might be wrong with it, I havent got a clue, but am open to drop these off the list if they can find anything wrong with it. The lady at Cobbetts was really very nice, but after last week I just cant trust them. I dont want to have to drag this on till end of august, I just dont. I will if I have to, but Im so tired from it all. I have 5 other claims on the go, and its all getting very very exhausting and time consuming. I dont regret any of it, but I just wish one of them could be over................ im such a wuss. Fendy xxxx

OKies, will be back to post later what happens in phone call. xxxx Thanks.

THE WAY FORWARD ON THESE CLAIMS, IS TO STAY POSITIVE, FOCUSED AND PATIENT, AND ALWAYS, ALWAYS BELIEVE ITS WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE IT TRULY IS. WHY CHOOSE THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE WHEN THERES NOTHING TO LEARN FROM THAT. THINK OF CLAIMING AS A PERSONAL CHALLENGE AND GIVE IT YOUR ALL.

Now Gunning for
    Natwest round 2
    Abbey Round 2
    Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Hi fendy...keep negotiating as there is no way they will want to go to court with a fast track claim.

im sure the outcome will be a positive one today.

Xena

Comment

Oh Xena, I do hope so, I just dont want to have to do all that work on disclosure list. I dont......... Call me lazy, call me scared, call me dumb, Im probs all three of those, but I just want them settle, Im sooooooo tired. Its been going on since January. I feel its taken over my life sometimes............. I really do. But thanks for the kind words. I truly appreciate them. Every bit helps as they say, Lol xxxxx

Now Gunning for
        Natwest round 2
        Abbey Round 2
        Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

I'm with Xena on this one, you will certainly get a settlement before a court date and if they have already managed to naff the judge off I suspect sooner rather than later.

I know its a pain but have you had a quick whizz through your statements to check none of the charges had been previously refunded? I made that mistake and had to reduce my claim by a whole £30!!

They may try to push this as far as they dare because of the amount so best to take it one step at a time, hopefully after today the only paperwork you'll need will be a paying in slip!!

Comment

I already did that at the start. Some had been refunded at earlier dates and I remembered they had, so I only included the ones that hadnt ?? Honest, I was really thorough................ It took me all weekend to produce the spready. 7 A4 pages, was huge. lol xxx

Now Gunning for
            Natwest round 2
            Abbey Round 2
            Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

hi fendy, just had a quick look on google to see the differences between circuit judges and district judges.

it seems a circuit judge is far more senior, must have over 10 years experience in court, whereas a dj is a professional lawyer.

sounds like they were trying to intimidate you.

all the very best with this!

Comment

Oooooh were they really trying to make me even more fraidy pants then. Cos I dont wear them ones much. I stick to meee good old M & S ones, Lol Lol. And they dont sell fraidy pants. Lol xxxx

Now Gunning for
                Natwest round 2
                Abbey Round 2
                Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Lol, like me then!

Comment

Lol Lol. I hope so, I need lots of brave peepies behind me to help me through it, thanks lioness, cool avatar BTW. Fendy xxx

Well still no call from Cobblers, will just send em a nudging e mail in a sec.

Now Gunning for
                    Natwest round 2
                    Abbey Round 2
                    Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Originally posted by Fendyweather View Post

Well still no call from Cobblers, will just send em a nudging e mail in a sec.
                      and phone them aswell......

Comment

Well today has gone right old belly up. No call from cobbetts, and my daughters gcse exam ran over, so had to wait down at school for her and didnt get back home till 5, so too late to ring the cobblers. But then again, thinking about it, it makes me sound desperate if I ring em today as well as e mail em. So Im gonna ring them from work tomorrow and see what they say. At least I will still have an answer tomorrow, so I know if I need to work on my disclosure spready over the weekend or not. So tis only a day, not much lost really. Will report back tomoz with answer. Thanks all so far. Fendy xxxx

Now Gunning for
                        Natwest round 2
                        Abbey Round 2
                        Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

oo fendy what did they say they would ring u for? the outcome of the statements? it would be exciting if they hadnt already let u down!

Comment

New deal hopefully being done Hedge to save me doing the huge spready. Cobbetts are not ogres, but they do play games.......... I wont be ensnared by them again on the trust front, but I will play ball on negotiations. They offered me a way out late Wednesday, but it depends if they stay true to their word............. waiting to see, will post tomoz once I know what the deal is, and if Im happy with it, and if I get the money, Im not being so blind and foolish to believe them until the money is physically in my account.................. we shall see, but I always say, never look a gift horse in the mouth, if you can win and save yourself some work, then why not................. We shall see anyways. Will let you all know tomorrow what theyve proposed and if its gonna work or not.

Fendy xxx

Now Gunning for
                            Natwest round 2
                            Abbey Round 2
                            Yorkshire Bank round 1

Comment

Seriously Fend, I can't see cobblers defending this in an open court room. You, I and 'us' know that they're not prepared to stand there and defend their charges. And personally, I'm with you................... I reckon this'll be settled sooner rather than later. And (may I say it??!!) without being gob-stoppered in the process!!! xxxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X