• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Packaged Account Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Packaged Account Fees

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    Got my rejection from Halifax today, so what is the next step ?
    Please remind, did you also contact CEO?

What were the reasons of the rejection DT?

Comment

When I got the right address, yes.
      I also did so as part of my Kensington complaint as they seemed to think I had asked for a PPI refund on an old loan with them.
      The reason they gave was that I had set up a gold account myself on line and was aware of all the benifits ( dont remember that).
      That I had only had this account for less than a month and had cancelled. (Again don't remember that)
      Does not mention the reasons why they did not respond to previous request for statements, they did send some but yet to check them.
      I had also asked about excess charges and this is not mentioned either.
      Got to study the staements just to estabish if what they say is right and am going to try again re the charges.
      Will also post on Kensington thread.
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Mmmm looks like what they said was right but now have statements that go back to 2004 plus a summery.
        Can you still claim back " unfair" charges?
        If so its over 3K !
        Last edited by dogtired; 30th March 2014, 06:27:AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Bump please for an answer to quesion regarding charges, have written to Halifax anyway nothing ventured and all that!

Comment

:bump:

Comment

Hi DogTired,

What were the reasons for the rejection? It's Halifax right? Can you post it up? I would argue each point. Then email davidnicholson@halifax.co.uk who is the Managing Director of Halifax if you haven't already.

xx

Comment

Sorry also complain about the way the complaint has been handled and your reason what has led you to email him. If you can post the letter I'm happy to take a look and help if I can xx

Comment

I had asked about it after getting the statements for my Kensington complaint and it looks like I did not have the packaged account long enough, according to the statements I never paid anything. to wards a package account, it was there and I do not remember asking for it .
                  However, what emerged is over Ł3k worth of charges and fees so I have asked them to look at this, only got the reply after being a pain and e mailing David Nicholson !

Comment

Two pages of the letter and the front sheet of the statements that show the charges, have removed names nut not amounts.
                    1.pdf
                    2.pdf
                    3.pdf

i have written to her again regarding these charges but only posted early this week second class with proof of postage!

Cheers DT xx

Comment

Good luck with that DT, all crossed here for you x

My latest is the FOS has now moved on to checking the other packaged accounts, now on to the Premier account and the Home Emergency cover side of it Lloyds said we taken it because of that, lol, however they were incorrect as we already held the relevant stand alone cover in place so the ombudsman requested that we send them the stand alone policy details which we have done, so its a waiting game.

There is no way we were take out the premier cover just for the sake of the home cover within the account, so we have proved this evidence since anyway and with the way it was automatically upgraded without our consent.

Shall keep you posted, but my feeling is its coming to the final conclusion anytime soon.....

Comment

Good luck Di hope you get your result xx

Comment

Thank you DT, you too x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Before i know it it will be 2 years since its been with the FOS lol, still should hear of a decision soon, the horrible thing about it was at first they agreed to uphold then decided to change it, now that Adjudicator's left the business, the new adjudicator working for the ombudsman seems more up on it.........well i hope so anyway lol x

Comment

At one point Santander wad hard seller ng its 123 account which costs Ł2 a month for which you get cashback on certain direct debits (1-3%) and interest, again 1-3% if you are crediting the account with certan minimum amount each month, and depending on your credit balance.

They tried this with me too but I have a much better zero account with them with no fees for exceeding my overdraft limit or unpaid direct debits etc.

I told them that clearly I would have been worse off with 123 and that I would nevwe pay a monthly fee for a current account.

Banks won't stop misselling unless the government introduces much tougher regulations, including custodial sentences for misselling and actually then enforces them.

As consumers, we should demand a fair treatment and not let the bastards get away with their endless fob off efforts!

Comment

Hi DT

Ok I've just had a look at the documents and the letter. They say that you did the upgrade online.....Now I can see their point about it wasn't an advised sale. I would ask for a screen shot that shows documents being sent out about the policies etc. Natwest didn't send me any info during the years including all the fee increases and this was where I got them. All banks have records of each thing that is sent out to you. But as it states there no fees to get back so might not be worth pursuing. The Bank charges to be honest I have no idea. The only reason I got mine back were because of the fee's that were charged while in the overdraft which is everything from 2002 - 2008. I'm not sure where claims on bank charges stand but I did read that if they put you in hardship then you can still reclaim but I am not 100% sure. I also read that if the bank taking their charges put you in financial difficulty xxx

Comment

Thank you Lou, yes I know what you mean, I wasn't sure if you could claim them back so it's worth a try !
                                When and if I get a responce I will post up. xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X