• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Packaged Account Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Packaged Account Fees

Just replied to the PM Di as I said if I can help in anyway just ask 2 heads and all that

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
      Just replied to the PM Di as I said if I can help in anyway just ask 2 heads and all that
      Thank you honey xx :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Just a quick question about the package account refund. I'm just trying to work out what I should get. Now I had an overdraft that I was constantly in from 2003 until 2008. The fee's were taken taken from this does that mean that I would get interest on top for that period?

Thanks in advance! x

Comment

It should mean that you get the fees and they should offer interest on that figure UNLESS they say that you benefited from the lower overdraft rate that may have come from the type of account which may mean that they might deduct the actual benefit received(hardly a lot tbh).

It would be interesting if they look at that issue of interest on the packaged account charge(I think I have said this twice but thinking about this one).

When will they get back to you with a figure for this?
          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Do they also take into account of any benefits used? for eg, mobile, travel, etc, not that we benefitted or used any of it, but just wondering on that one Leclerc?

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              It should mean that you get the fees and they should offer interest on that figure UNLESS they say that you benefited from the lower overdraft rate that may have come from the type of account which may mean that they might deduct the actual benefit received(hardly a lot tbh).

It would be interesting if they look at that issue of interest on the packaged account charge(I think I have said this twice but thinking about this one).

When will they get back to you with a figure for this?

Thanks for coming back Leclerc!

I have the tariff leaflet that shows what I was meant to get with my account but I find it hard to believe that in Nov 2001 14.99% nominal APR or 1.24% monthly rate is a benefit plus even the lady said that from my account she doesn't think I benefited from the low rates. One of the reasons it was mis sold was because I was never given anything to compare the AG to. She said that my fees come to £1200 plus but that she would need to look at interest. I know that I never claimed on any insurances and by what the lady said I didn't benefit from the rates either. I lived in my credit zone for at least 5years until they offered me a loan to pay up the OD and then my OD went down to £50. She said she would get back to me by the latest today but there was as issue with a debt I had still outstanding. I was around £100 overdrawn and within 6months it was £907!! But when I told her this she had no knowledge and when she checked my account showed that a credit had been put into the account and as far as she was concerned the account was up to date and closed. I know that I paid in £300 to that account and it was still £907!!

I feel that given that I defaulted with that figure and it was made up of fees and charges on the fees I should be able to claim against that and also the time I was living in my overdraft. Hopefully if she sticks to her word they should call with a figure today. I don't want to be greedy but then I want to make sure I get everything I am entitled to especially as they have admitted fault.Any help would be appreciated. x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Do they also take into account of any benefits used? for eg, mobile, travel, etc, not that we benefitted or used any of it, but just wondering on that one Leclerc?
                If you've claimed then my understanding is they do take that into consideration. I heard from different people that some have benefited from rates and it was taken also but then others who have and it wasn't. I think it depends on the bank and if the rates given were a benefit. x Very confusing :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Just had a call from another person at Natwest about the same complaint. Do these people not talk! Been told to wait until tomorrow now.

Comment

Natwest called me today and they offered me £8K!!!!! They have refunded me all my fees plus all my overdraft charges and interest plus 8%. I thought she said £800 and I was just about to say wait a second but then she resaid it!!!

Comment

WOW that certainly adds up!!

Congratulations!!!!! xx

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
                        Natwest called me today and they offered me £8K!!!!! They have refunded me all my fees plus all my overdraft charges and interest plus 8%. I thought she said £800 and I was just about to say wait a second but then she resaid it!!!
                        Fricking hell. That's massive ! Bet you are dancing on the ceiling. Well done.
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Gosh Lou, how long did you bank with them? lol!!

WOW and WOW!!! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I went way over the standard £25 account fee a month, about £75 plus on most months, this was on the premier account, i never realised they refund you them as well....

I'm dancing on the ceiling for your news too honey!! LOL X

Comment

I was happy with the Fees and 8% I nearly hit the floor. Never expected that. But over the years no wonder I was always skint lol! Hope it works out for you and dogtired too. Let us know if you hear anything and as I said if you need me to do anything just ask.

:dance:So happy xx

Comment

Thanks Amethyst I'm still in shock never ever thought it would be that much! I opened the account 5days after I turned 18 from Nov 2001 until Sept 2011 n I lived in my overdraft for years I actually put on the letter what I wanted back which was fees and the 8% then they added the rest to it . Not sure if all banks will do that but once I get my letter explaining the reasons behind the refund I'm happy to post it if it will help anyone and give an idea of what to go on. Just let me know if that will be ok because I can imagine it will be a book long lol xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X