• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
    Oh, sorry
    It was a typing error. He is only committing a civil offence .

I'm a bit confused here because I thought it was said that it he may not be committing a criminal offence but it was a civil offence.

I think it's OK if he wants to nip into the butcher's for a few minutes and doesn't really want to pay for this if he can get away with it (though if it was me I would have paying after the first ticket) But from he was saying it sounded like he refused to pay for any public parking space.

I've watched a few of his other videos. In one he's talking about filtering his water because of the fluoride (understandable) another shows him refusing to fill in the census, another shows him filming a local council meeting and getting quite defensive when they take umbrage at this, another shows him refusing to stop filming police officers who visit his house (again getting pretty defensive) That kind of thing.
    There are many things on youtube that I would disagree with to be honest and he's not the worst of it on that medium
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

opcorn:
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
        opcorn:

Comment

He's not beating the legislative system, he's just beating the time pressured local government officials.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

To be honest I was almost worried for him because he seemed a bit dim and was playing with fire. But I was astonished by some of the things he was claiming, like getting out of paying £3100 interest on an £8000 bank loan (from a proper high street bank) I don't know how they just decided to leave him alone, and did he really expect not to have to pay interest? I suppose I don't know the details there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
              Moot is a perfectly good English word, means not important, of little or no practical value , irrelevant, that sort of thing
              sorry to be pedantic - it might mean that to some - or have come to mean that - but "moot" actually means "open to discussion (or argument)" derived from "moot house" etc - just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                sorry to be pedantic - it might mean that to some - or have come to mean that - but "moot" actually means "open to discussion (or argument)" derived from "moot house" etc - just saying...
                Legal dictionary http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/moot

An issue presenting no real controversy. Moot refers to a subject for academic
                argument. It is an abstract question that does not arise from existing facts or rights

Comment

To be honest I was almost worried for him because he seemed a bit dim and was playing with fire. But I was astonished by some of the things he was claiming, like getting out of paying £3100 interest on an £8000 bank loan (from a proper high street bank) I don't know how they just decided to leave him alone, and did he really expect not to have to pay interest? I suppose I don't know the details there anyway.
                  I have heard of a lot higher amount from someone who screwed the banks for a lot more and effectively never paid a penny back so the bank story is not particularly that interesting

Comment

And who was that? (was this a big news story?)

Comment

And who was that? (was this a big news story?)
                      Nope multiple lenders and ultimately after 6 years of not being in the country the debts are legally unenforceable

Comment

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moot

Well GT the legal definition is always that little bit special and different lol

Comment

The thing about ciil litigation is that you can make any action you like, no matter how ridiculous, if the other side doesn't contest you win by default.

It doesn't mean that the action taken is correct in law.

Comment

Are you saying a council can do whatever it wants, as long as people believe it's legal?

Comment

Are you saying a council can do whatever it wants, as long as people believe it's legal?
                              No I am saying that you can challenge any agreement you like on any pretense, if the other side does not contest the argument, you win by default.
                              It does not mean that your argument is correct.

Comment

So what he's done is basically write waffling letters quoting bits of common law, bill of rights etc., whoever read the letters (perhaps not a lawyer) was bamboozled by it, couldn't tell whether it was correct or not and just sent more pre-written letters, and he's gotten away with it because the lawyers have not had the time to deconstruct it and prove it wrong, and it's not been prioritised? Is that it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X