• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
    When one comes across someone like the OP it makes one wonder if you are on the right forum.
    When one encounters such people, it may also make one wonder which village is missing its idiot.

Comment

Would you like to start another thread on the function and viable alternatives to the bailiff industry in the UK ?

Comment

No. Is the answer too complicated for you to explain briefly? If so, I'm happy to leave it there.
        Last edited by GO84; 21st April 2013, 13:25:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I don't believe in homeopathy but it works for some people so it's not for me to condemn it.
          Believe me - there's nothing in it.

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
            I've never been arrested.
            Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
              No. Is the answer too complicated for you to explain briefly?
              Well firstly have a look at this story, then ask yourself where the £100m came from.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-families.html

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this £100m would have been better spent paying off some of the debt rather than lining the pockets of these vultures.

Then we can start looking at more effective collection methods,

Comment

I understand how you feel but I'm asking if there's a viable alternative?

Comment

Well just off the top of my head, attachment of earnings , deduction from benefits, unpaid work initiatives, or even in cases of hardship writing debts off.

why on earth should the poorest in the community fund an entire industry which only exists because of that poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                    I was aware of the ignore button from someone else and I did use it simply because the person concerned was continuing for a lengthy period of time to jibe at things from a previous employment long since over. The consequence of that issue is that when a person who you have on ignore wants help and you might be invaluable on that part, you simply never get to respond to them because you are unaware of their issue.

To Go: there is a swear filter on the forum, to attempt to get around that swear filter is a breach of site rules. There are other words to say what you want to say such as idiot, clown, wally etc etc although that might be a breach of the site rules. I have tried a few times over the last few months to stretch an insult to see whether or not it breaches site rules. It didn't but I am sure there will be more threads where I can test that theory out
                    Well, Leclerc, I have yet to see references to someone engaging in Lower Gastro-Intestinal Ventriloquism and likening a bailiff to "a bodily orifice at the lower most point of the human alimentary canal" get caught by the swear filter. :biggrin1:

Comment

Originally posted by The Cosmic Connection View Post
                      Well, Leclerc, I have yet to see references to someone engaging in Lower Gastro-Intestinal Ventriloquism and likening a bailiff to "a bodily orifice at the lower most point of the human alimentary canal" get caught by the swear filter. :biggrin1:
                      U mean an ar sehole talking sh it BB?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        When one encounters such people, it may also make one wonder which village is missing its idiot.
                        There is some place near Manchester missing one I think Cloggy...last seen by me a while ago dancing round on the top of a fruit machine!

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                          U mean an ar sehole talking sh it BB?
                          Well, Inca, Lower Gastro-Intestinal Ventriloquism is talking out of one's backside and the bodily orifice refers to someone who is an R Sole. Whereas some people love playing around with figures, I love playing around with words, which is something it looks like CC and I have in common. If I can make something rude sound not so rude and inject some humour into it at the same time, so be it. Laughter is the best medicine and it can help someone, who is feeling down or facing what seems like an impossible situation, feel better in and better about themselves.
                          Last edited by The Cosmic Connection; 21st April 2013, 14:35:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cosmic Connection View Post
                            Well, Inca, Lower Gastro-Intestinal Ventriloquism is talking out of one's backside and the bodily orifice refers to someone who is an R Sole. Whereas some people love playing around with figures, I love playing around with words, which is something it looks like CC and I have in common. If I can make something rude sound not so rude and inject some humour into it at the same time, so be it. Laughter is the best medicine and it can help someone, who is feeling down or facing what seems like an impossible situation, feel better in and better about themselves.
                            The risk of course is that you may be seen to trivialize a possibly serious situation with childishly inappropriate remarks.

Which may be hilarious for the bystanders but not so for the person who has come for the help.

Just a note of caution
                            Last edited by gravytrain; 21st April 2013, 18:27:PM. Reason: been ?

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                              The risk of course is that you may been to trivialize a possibly serious situation with childishly inappropriate remarks.

Which may be hilarious for the bystanders but not so for the person who has come for the help.

Just a note of caution
                              This thread if my memory is intact without going back to the original post, was the Op was having a pop at some guy who had gone on YouTube about avoiding paying stuff, and thwarting bailiffs with Contract Law, amongst other ploys Op took umbrage to CC and myself so put us on ignore, no loss there, but in this thread I don't think there was any danger of getting in the way of advising a desperate newbie in dire straits. But yes we must be mindful of what the thread is about and make sure that there is positive advice in the post. I have Romany relatives and don't care what someone calls me,not even the P word but the tone was extremely disparaging about someone who for whatever reason decided to share his experience. Perhaps the curse of a thousand fleas is appropriate for the injudicious use of the "P" word.

Comment

bb I don't think "Pikey" refers to Romanies or any other ethnic group - it's just another word for scally IMVHO and exp. - but maybe I'm wrong - hard to believe, I know, but it has happened.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X