• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Originally posted by busytrev View Post
    Who cares if he has good luck to him I say
    Never understood why people say that about people who break the rules the rest of us follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Somecamel View Post
      It is wrong to pay for a T.V licence... You been told different?
      No, it's not. It would only be wrong if everyone was forced to watch telly.

Was that a serious comment or sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
        Never understood why people say that about people who break the rules the rest of us follow.
        Which rules are you referring to? The self imposed ones by the Private Parking companies or the ones set by parliament and when you say "the rest of us follow" who are "the rest of us"

Comment

Chirst-all-********-mighty, as if I haven't said it enough times. NOT PRIVATE PARKING COMPANIES. I never said I believed in them.

Comment

Problem is Capita AKA TV licensing harass people who don't own a TV, with threatening mail, etc etc and have prosecuted people for no tv license even though they don't own a TV as a result of the "Doorstep interview by the TVL capita salesman under caution" where they got so confused they admitted to watching the non existent TV to get rid of him.

Parking Eye have dodgy cameras that only show a first and last entry so have "Invoiced" taxi drivers for an overstay in a free car park who are in and out of a car park at a mall many times daily. Duh sorry PE free car park = £0 consequential loss, so your Invoice is an unlawful civil penalty, so unenforceable.

Comment

Is that supposed to somehow justify Youtube bloke's argument?

Comment

Chirst-all-********-mighty, as if I haven't said it enough times. NOT PRIVATE PARKING COMPANIES. I never said I believed in them.
                Well since you started this thread you've jumped from council parking tickets, civil enforcement tickets, child vaccinations, TV licenses, terrorism blah blah blah.. So please forgive my confusion :blabla:

Comment

Troll I'm bored now

Comment

"Youtube bloke" does seem to have a distorted view of the relationship between common law and legislation and IMO overestimates the importance of the formation of a contract when there are statutory regimes which cover an offence,

However it has to be said that he does appear to have a better grasp of basic aspects of law than you do.

Comment

No just to show that sometimes the authorities have the moral "Low Ground" as in they are the villain sometimes.

Comment

I am going to start an "I love youtube bloke" campaign and post it on youtube and facebook. Will you click the "like" button GO84?

Comment

I'm enjoying this thread, am I a troll now?

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                            "Youtube bloke" does seem to have a distorted view of the relationship between common law and legislation and IMO overestimates the importance of the formation of a contract when there are statutory regimes which cover an offence
                            Just as I suspected. The truth is I don't really want to see him get into trouble, I don't think he deserves to have his life ruined over unpaid parking tickets and tv licences, I was just astounded at his belief in what he was saying. It just seems such a big risk he's taking and I don't know how it's worth it.

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                            However it has to be said that he does appear to have a better grasp of basic aspects of law than you do.
                            Maybe he does. After all I've never actually studied law. But I wouldn't take on the state unless I was sure that I had been treated unfairly (which I don't think is the case with him)

PS. I would call him by his Youtube name (61shirley) but people here might not know who I mean.
                            Last edited by GO84; 19th April 2013, 22:22:PM.

Comment

Just as I suspected. The truth is I don't really want to see him get into trouble, I don't think he deserves to have his life ruined over unpaid parking tickets and tv licences, I was just astounded at his belief in what he was saying. It just seems such a big risk he's taking and I don't know how it's worth it.

It's worth it when they leave you alone

Comment

Originally posted by Somecamel View Post
                                I'm enjoying this thread, am I a troll now?
                                I don't know for sure. have you had an uncontrollable urge to take up residence under a bridge to await a nice succulent tasty billy goat gruff? If so you could be

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X