• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disputing ticket is mine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disputing ticket is mine.

I still believe that your best option is first to pay the ticket, then claim against the police for wrongful arrest, etc. You should get at least some hundreds of pounds, plus costs, in an out of court settlement.

You can then tell the press what happened and add that, if you had not been made to pay a parking penalty incurred by a policeman, you would not have claimed any damages from the police.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      I still believe that your best option is first to pay the ticket, then claim against the police for wrongful arrest, etc. You should get at least some hundreds of pounds, plus costs, in an out of court settlement.

You can then tell the press what happened and add that, if you had not been made to pay a parking penalty incurred by a policeman, you would not have claimed any damages from the police.
      Seems the best option in the circumstances, as once ticket sorted you can address the other issues, and include the cost of the ticket in any damages claim.

Comment

You may not have heard of the 3 Ps. These are the things guaranteed to land a police officer in serious trouble and risk dismissal from the police service. The 3 Ps are Prisoners, Property and Prostitutes. The plod in your case broke the cardinal rule of safe custody of a prisoner's property. As such, he should have arranged a local garage to recover your car to a secure pound. He didn't - he behaved like a total prat and parked it in a restricted zone. That may amount to corrupt and improper practice and failure to comply with a lawful order.

I watched a police officer come unstuck in my local magistrates once over a PCN. He issued a PCN in someone's name, but, like a tit, produced the top copy at the magistrates court hearing. The defendant asked him what he was doing with the top copy. So did the magistrates. Result: Case dismissed and police officer dismissed from police service for corrupt and improper practice.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks,thats what i will do,then look at a clai

My argument about not living at the address,that was the address on my license when i hired the car.But i was not living there.He brought it to my attension in a rant about how i would not have been insured,ouch,didnt see that one.
          6 second abs,3 up,3 down Get the perfect abs..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X