• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disputing ticket is mine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disputing ticket is mine.

What do i do next.?

Stressed out waiting for bailiffs to turn up take my possessions or car.
    ill try to explain best i can ,excuse the grammar.

About 15 months ago was driving along in a hire car,stopped by police the situation escalated and was arrested for very minor offence,was taken into custody for 8 hours.Released with out charge and no further action was taken.
    Whilst in custody a police officer parked my hire car.
    When i was released officer told me where the car was.
    It had a ticket placed on it while i was in custody.

Week later i contacted council by e-mail (informal),explaining what had happened and in my opinion the police officer is responsible for ticket.

Few days later due to personal circumstances i left family home and moved to salvation army residence,combined with very serious health problem a parking ticket was least of my problems.

Few months later called round to see the children,my ex passed a delivered by hand notice she had recieved from bailiffs.
    TOTAL out standing was 397 pounds.
    They had been instructed by council to collect outstanding amount.

Contacted CAB,who passed me to a dept advice charity who after months of dealing with the bailiffs then turn round and tell me that i should seek legal advice as they did not consider it a dept problem.

Contacted a solicitor but he said would not get legal aid for this.
    Representing my self is a problem as i am classed as disabled.
    Stressful situations cause me to have seizures (fits)

The last letter dept advice charity recieved from council adviced them i should fill in forms TE9 and TE7 which i have done out lining reasons why my late appeal should be considerd,main reason my mental health was not up to dealing with it at that time.

E-mailed council week ago but have not replied to me.
    What next.?
    6 second abs,3 up,3 down Get the perfect abs..
    Tags: None

Re: Disputing ticket is mine.

Who did you return the TE7 & TE9 to?

Comment

Hi,
      Traffic enforcement office,Northampton county court bulk office.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepyhead View Post
        Hi,
        Traffic enforcement office,Northampton county court bulk office.
        And their response?

Comment

Have not replied yet,its been almost 4 weeks now.
          Gave my new address on the forms so little worried that they will now pass it on to bailiffs.

Comment

You must get back in contact and see what they say.

Comment

Hi,
              Sent them e-mail,reply in 5 minutes.

This is there reply.

Dear Sir,

I acknowledge receipt of your ‘out of time’ application. This was processed on 3/1/13.

The TEC has notified the Local Authority concerned that an application has been received and processed. Upon receipt of this notification the Local Authority is required to suspend any enforcement action.

A copy of your application has been sent to the Local Authority.

· The Local Authority is given 19 working days to decide if they wish to accept or reject your application.

· If the Local Authority accepts your application within this time limit, the court registration will be revoked (i.e. cancelled). N.B. This does NOT cancel the original penalty charge. The matter will be referred back to the Local Authority.

· If the Local Authority rejects your application, the court file will be referred without a hearing to a Court Officer who will make an impartial decision. You will be notified of the result.

If you have any further queries, you may contact us via our helpdesk or by email; contact details are provided at the bottom of this email.

Regards

Comment

That sounds spot on, so it sounds a bit as though it may have gone back for an impartial decision to me. I think it is the way things usually work.

Comment

So i can park my car up the path and stop looking out of the window.?
                  If i had the money would of just paid the dam thing,this is just so stressful and embarrissing,having to park my car away from house and looking out of window every time some one knocks.On edge constant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepyhead View Post
                    So i can park my car up the path and stop looking out of the window.?
                    If i had the money would of just paid the dam thing,this is just so stressful and embarrissing,having to park my car away from house and looking out of window every time some one knocks.On edge constant.
                    I've had bailiffs unleashed on me four times in the past, hence my love of them! I know exactly what you're going through.

In answer to your question, in theory, the answer is yes, enforcement action should have stopped until the impartial court official adjudicates one way or the other. Once you are informed of the decision, you need to be ready to act, so try, if you can, to save some money towards paying this off. If things turn out well for you, you can always spend it on a treat to celebrate!

Comment

I would check with the Council to see if a decision has been made. If perchance it has gone against you I would ask who dealt with it as I believe some Councils let the bailiffs deal with them - and we all know what happens then.

Comment

How could this possibly go against you? You didn't park the car there. If they disallow the appeal I'd send the bill to the police

Comment

Originally posted by Somecamel View Post
                          How could this possibly go against you? You didn't park the car there. If they disallow the appeal I'd send the bill to the police
                          Easily - people lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Somecamel View Post
                            I have time and place (street) of arrest.
                            Arresting officer
                            Custody suit,time held.

PCN ticket shows time,street it was issued.
                            Different st,then one arrested in.

Have a argument for the ticket,
                            Its the Bailiffs who will want paying.

When i visited CAB they told me i had a responsibilty once i knew about the ticket i should have sorted it out,instead of burying my head.
                            CAB said i should pay and put me in touch with ChristianDept service.

It was the Dept service who told me to seek legal advice,but this does not qualify for legal aid.

So to win the out of time decision i have to have good reason why i am late.
                            At this stage i dont think they are concerned with reasons ticket is not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                              In answer to your question, in theory, the answer is yes, enforcement action should have stopped until the impartial court official adjudicates one way or the other. Once you are informed of the decision, you need to be ready to act, so try, if you can, to save some money towards paying this off. If things turn out well for you, you can always spend it on a treat to celebrate!
                              Would it be possible to get damages from the plods for wrongful arrest or false imprisonment?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X