• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Secured Loan, Welcome Finance

Hi dogtired,

I found your old Secured Loan agreement details and I am curious was your Welcome loan sold as a fixed-sum or variable ?

Did you have any feedback from them regarding the acceptance fee ?

Cheers

Bazza

Comment

Can't remember !
      Will need to check again.
      Sent another CCA request today.
      I for one will NOT be making any offers cheeky or other wise.:rockon:
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hi Bazza, its a secured loan we took out in 2007/8 but literally don't have a copy of the CCA nor it appears do they.

- - - Updated - - -

DT if I was in your situation I wouldn't be making any cheaky offers either

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby View Post
          Hi Bazza, its a secured loan we took out in 2007/8 but literally don't have a copy of the CCA nor it appears do they.

- - - Updated - - -

DT if I was in your situation I wouldn't be making any cheaky offers either
          Ok thanks Ruby and keep me posted on any developments. Hopefully no agreement :tinysmile_twink_t2:

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
          Can't remember !
          Will need to check again.
          Sent another CCA request today.
          I for one will NOT be making any offers cheeky or other wise.:rockon:
          Lol DT and thanks as I will be interested to know.

Comment

[MENTION=36423]Bazza[/MENTION].
            Secured loan at old address.

Looks like it's was supposed to be " fixed" payments but when they changed it the payments did go up slightly.

Comment

Well, well,...........

Just received in post a 'CCA'

Fixed sum loan agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 secured on (our property address)

First customer (Husbands name) they have printed wrong number on house address and then scored it out by hand and written the right on!
              Second customer (my details) with correct address.

The CCA complies of one single sheet of paper, one sided and completely illegible in places. No T & C's ........

Any thoughts guys? I need to obviously reply back to them

Comment

Typical Welcome mess by the looks of it!
                Last two "statements" look like they have been printed out my a printer running out of ink!
                Sent another CCA at the beginning of this week my self and await development's!

Well, well,...........

Just received in post a 'CCA'

Fixed sum loan agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 secured on (our property address)

First customer (Husbands name) they have printed wrong number on house address and then scored it out by hand and written the right on!
                Second customer (my details) with correct address.

The CCA complies of one single sheet of paper, one sided and completely illegible in places. No T & C's ........

Any thoughts guys? I need to obviously reply back to them

Comment

My concern is that 'the bones' of the CCA are there i.e

Amount of Credit, repayments and rate of interest. What I find quite shocking is that if Welcome only had this one single sided piece of paper to begin with they were able to 'secure' this loan on our home. The Land Registry must surely also be accountable to this ......

Comment

I am shocked to read the following:-

You have no right to cancel this Agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Timeshare Act 1992 of the Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004.

Comment

That does not look right to me. [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION]asis45 any ideas for [MENTION=4027]Ruby[/MENTION]

Comment

I am shocked to read the following:-

You have no right to cancel this Agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Timeshare Act 1992 of the Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004.
                        That does not look right to me. @charitynjw @Nemasis45 any ideas for @Ruby
                        AfaIk........any CCA agreement which is not secured on land is cancellable, providing the appropriate steps are taken by the debtor.

It doesn't even have to be done in writing, though imho I would not give them the opportunity to lie through their tee........er, claim that they did not receive notification, & so would do it via SignedFor mail, email & carrier pigeon, lol!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/94
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I knew it did not look "right" Welcome would say black was white if they could.

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          AfaIk........any CCA agreement which is not secured on land is cancellable, providing the appropriate steps are taken by the debtor.

It doesn't even have to be done in writing, though imho I would not give them the opportunity to lie through their tee........er, claim that they did not receive notification, & so would do it via SignedFor mail, email & carrier pigeon, lol!

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/94

Comment

This is a secured loan on our home ........

home/land ?

Comment

[MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] ?
                              Had reply form the from first letter will take up to eight weeks , so they say, no reply , as yet to CCA request sent later the same week.

Comment

@charitynjw ?
                                Had reply form the from first letter will take up to eight weeks , so they say, no reply , as yet to CCA request sent later the same week.
                                For as long as they do not comply with a CCA request (they are allowed 12 days, + 2 for postage), the alleged debt is unenforceable.

Have you got proof of posting it?

Also, make sure they have not credited the £1 payment against your account.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X