• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Calling all Cat Lovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all Cat Lovers

I have had enough.

I am now going to shoot all cats on sight.

Yes it is still happening and, judging by the size, shape and varying consistency, the problem is being caused by more than one cat. I am perfectly comfortable with this decision and as a consequence, should I see a cat anywhere near my house, I am going to shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
      I have had enough.

Yes it is still happening and, judging by the size, shape and varying consistency, the problem is being caused by more than one cat. I am perfectly comfortable with this decision and as a consequence, should I see a cat anywhere near my house, I am going to shoot it.
      I have a good idea of your name, I know the place you live and the police have been alerted. Be ready for a call early tomorrow, so puss off and get some sleep!
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Here you are Cetelco what about trying this.

http://www.independentoffers.co.uk/I....htm?ClearPv=1

Coleus Canina

Coleus Canina

Coleus canina, or the pee-off plant, is an attractive foliage plant which also has a smell abhorrent to cats - thus helping towards the problem with unwanted felines in the garden! Having said that though, it's also a pretty little plant to have for its own sake! It has striking grey-green foliage, which gives off a strong aroma especially when touched or in the sun and in summer it produces heads of lovely pale blue flowers.
        If planted in a container this can be moved around the garden, thus helping to protect different areas of the garden from unwanted attention from cats. Thankfully it only smells to humans when touched!

It is an annual but they can be propagated and the cuttings kept in a frost free place over winter.

Comment

I have had enough.

I hope yours is bigger than his LOL
          Last edited by enaid; 11th May 2009, 09:40:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            I hope yours is bigger than his LOL

Sheesh...it always comes down to size with you women. You are so shallow

Comment

Originally posted by calamity jane View Post
              Here you are Cetelco what about trying this.

http://www.independentoffers.co.uk/I....htm?ClearPv=1

Coleus Canina

Coleus Canina

Coleus canina, or the pee-off plant, is an attractive foliage plant which also has a smell abhorrent to cats - thus helping towards the problem with unwanted felines in the garden! Having said that though, it's also a pretty little plant to have for its own sake! It has striking grey-green foliage, which gives off a strong aroma especially when touched or in the sun and in summer it produces heads of lovely pale blue flowers.
              If planted in a container this can be moved around the garden, thus helping to protect different areas of the garden from unwanted attention from cats. Thankfully it only smells to humans when touched!

It is an annual but they can be propagated and the cuttings kept in a frost free place over winter.
              Putting a cat in the picture does not do much to instill confidence that it actually works does it?

Comment

Putting a cat in the picture does not do much to instill confidence that it actually works does it?

I think the cat being on the pedestal is supposed to show that he doesn't want to go near the plant.

Comment

If they went anywhere else, I would not even know, but they have to do it right next to the front door! If I had a dog and let it do this, I would be liable for a £1000 fine. In fact, here is the best part, if I fail to clean it up and it became a health issue, action could be taken against me!

There are no laws or bye-laws under which action can be taken against the owners of cats fouling my garden. Cats are considered to be "free spirits" and are unable to be restrained. They are excluded from the definitions of "livestock" under the Animals Act 1971 and cannot be held guilty of trespass under civil laws and their owners, therefore, cannot be liable for any damage caused.

I have tried just about every remedy I could find over the last year or so and not one of them works properly. Not one. There is really only one option left to me.

Comment

Originally posted by calamity jane View Post
                    I think the cat being on the pedestal is supposed to show that he doesn't want to go near the plant.
                    Too many people put cats on a pedastal

Im with Cet, shoot the dirty animal.........................

Comment

Mines bigger than yours!

This should suffice CET

Comment

Enlarge/more images

Save £10.00
                      Now £19.98
                      Was £29.98
                      Qty:

Availability

Not ranged
                      In Store

Check range in your local stores

Product Description

Poison free protection.

Product Features

Weight (g): 575 Depth (cm): 11 Height (cm): 31.2 Width (cm): 17 Brand: B&Q Usage: Sonic cat deterrent for outdoor use Warranty/guarantee: Warranty Warranty/guarantee details: Against faulty product Product Type: Animal Control Specific Product Type: Cat & Dog Repellents

Additional Information

• Protects laws, flower beds, bird feeders and ponds
                      • Detects and repels cats without harming them
                      • Easy installation using battery power
                      • PIR (Passive Infa-Red) detection

I brought one for my nan last year. It works only one cat poo since

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                      Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                      Olbas Oil sprinkled on cotton wool balls is a good deterrant. Our two hate it.

sapphire
                      My cat loves it! better than cat nip!

. There is really only one option left to me.
                      Please dont hurt the pussy cat
                      Last edited by Mochamoo; 21st July 2008, 18:58:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
                      Me VS Abbey Win
                      BIL HSBC Credit Card
                      BIL EGG
                      BIL HSBC Loan
                      BIL PPI Win

Comment

Wow, a must have, it protects "laws"

Additional Information

• Protects laws, flower beds, bird feeders and ponds
                        • Detects and repels cats without harming them
                        • Easy installation using battery power
                        • PIR (Passive Infa-Red) detection

Comment

This thread is starting to sound like the story called 'The Mole' that Jasper Carrott used to do as part of his stage act when he first started appearing on TV way back when !!

Comment

cetelco - borrow a dog from a local rescue centre for a couple of weeks ( a dog holiday)

that might do the trick and you will be doing a kind act at the same time. He will tell you when the cat is there and probably bark like hell - or maybe get a recording of a large barking dog

Jester be careful - showing your age with your post.We used to listen to Jasper at college
                            "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

So I'm an old fart !! LOL

I think there are a few on this site with longer memories than that LOL

Comment

• View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X