• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Calling all Cat Lovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Cat Lovers

So, how do you get rid of them?

I have one (at least I presume it's just one) that is under the impression that the ground right outside my front door is its own personal toilet!

I am putting out a call to cat lovers as I presume that those among you who actually like these creatures will give me the best advice here - as the alternative will be one, or more fewer cats in the world should I ever see it or indeed any other cat, anywhere on my land.

For the avoidance of doubt let me state right now that the acquisition of a cat myself is out of the question, as is a dog and further, the following so-called remedies do not work.

Jeyes Fluid
    Citronella
    Pepper
    Chilli Powder

It has been suggested that lion dung will do the trick and while it may well be successful I fail to see the advantage to me of scattering the **** of an animal many times larger than the animal who's **** I am trying to prevent!

Therefore, before I resort to firearms, any ideas?

put some pieces of dry cat food out, sprinkled where the cat goes to do its businness. A cat will not poo or pee where its food is. I have three cats and it really works.
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

another one to try is oranges cut up they dont like the smell works for my garden......

Comment

Olbas Oil sprinkled on cotton wool balls is a good deterrant. Our two hate it.

sapphire

Comment

A big bucket of water if you can catch the little sod at it... not really nice, but it'll stop it doing it again.

Matt

Comment

Warfarin. Works every time.

Comment

I appreciate your problem. Orange peel definitely works, as does a quick blast from a water pistol. Try those and hopefully that will sort you out.

Personally, with regard to some of the other suggestions, ie Warfarin, I really do hope this was a joke, albeit a not very funny one in my opinion.
              Is no longer here

Comment

Amy's never been funny Wendy, but I'm sure she was trying....

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                  I appreciate your problem. Orange peel definitely works, as does a quick blast from a water pistol. Try those and hopefully that will sort you out.

Personally, with regard to some of the other suggestions, ie Warfarin, I really do hope this was a joke, albeit a not very funny one in my opinion.
                  If I were able to "blast" the thing, it would be with one of my shotguns, not a water pistol.

I do not think it a joke that an animal that presumably belongs to someone is emptying it's bowels right outside my front door.

This also creates an environmental danger through these droppings. Cat droppings contain the germs for toxoplasmosis and cats have been shown as a major reservoir of this infection. Toxoplasmosis is caused by a single-celled parasite called Toxoplasma gondii and can present a danger to pregnant women and individuals who have compromised immune systems, such as my wife, who suffers from severe arthritis and takes immunosuppressant drugs for this.

What we are talking about here is the contents of some uninvited animal's bowels right outside my front door and it will not be tolerated.

Warfarin is about the best suggestion so far in my opinion.
                  Last edited by Cetelco; 15th June 2007, 12:18:PM.

Comment

As you are dealing with a cat rather than a human being, you have to remember that to a cat this is just natural, their thought processes aren't the same as ours etc. I do know what toxoplasmosis is and sympathise with your situation, but poisoning a creature who is only following its natural instinct is not the answer, which is why I would urge you to try other solutions as various people have posted above.

Wendy
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Try slate chippings, or stones etc on the ground, cats seem to hate that.

I don't know hun the things you'll do to get the conversation round to pussies

sapphire

Comment

Okay i have 3 pussies .......... haha CATS

and they are all around Cetelcos garden and not mine so i have no cat droppings or tips.....lmao

Okay seriously now ..... dont tread in it

hugs xxxx scarlet

catmint works wonders though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
                          Try slate chippings, or stones etc on the ground, cats seem to hate that.
                          They'd have to be quite large stones, other wise they may think of it as a litter tray!
                          It might be worth trying to "hide" the area that attracts the cat, A board or peice of old carpet. When they found somewhere else it could be removed.
                          Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
                          Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
                          HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

I sympathise with you Cetelco

Excellent advice everyone.

Happy, The birds eat it before the cat comes back
                            Mistie, I have a large garden, where can i get 3 tons of oranges cheap
                            Sapphire, if the cat has a cold he will only thank me for clearing his blocked nose by pooing in my garden again
                            Matt, Ever tried running towards a cat with a big bucket of water
                            Amy, Warfarin makes them drink, see matt above
                            Cetelco, Hope youve got a licence for that thing
                            Wendy, Too serious hun x
                            Sapphire, Have you got the number of Blaenau Ffestiniog Slate Mines
                            Scarlet, 3 pussies what can i say
                            Peed, Do i throw the stones at them?

RLJ

Comment

Originally posted by RLJ View Post
                              Peed, Do i throw the stones at them? RLJ
                              No, the stones should be placed on the ground making it uncomfy for their poor little tootsies.
                              Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
                              Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
                              HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X