• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FMB Fanclub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FMB Fanclub

Lol its true, when they are your own you do feel different!
    About the fireworks, i agree! I dont think the retailers should be allowed to sell them until at least 29th October, a week before bonfire night.
    I think of all the poor animals that shake and shiver when they're going off, its not fair on them

Comment

Very diplomatic Callumsgarn, you did stay away from my main comments on kids lol
      You are right probably about your own kith and kin, but I have a young nephew that I could strangle at times lol so maybe its just me that's past redemption

My dog is very bad with fireworks and although you can give them something to calm them down you can't do it for 6 weeks can you?
      What happened to the lovely Fireworks we once had anyway? Seems today the bigger the bang the better and a big bang can cost about £40 bloody silly IMHO.

Comment

No darlin, i didnt, i just said it is different when they are your own.
        We're all different, , some are born maternal some not.
        I was, that doesnt mean to say i'm right, Its a personal feeling and i totally respect your feelings hun, i dont understand them but i do respect them lol
        Do you know what i'm trying to say?
        pmsl i'm not sure i know what i mean nowmsl:

Comment

I must admit enaid I know how you feel to a degree, I seem to find other peoples kids irritating beyond extreme, and my maternal instinct for young babies and children seems to have flown the nest for good. I hope that will change when my own kids eventually have their own (better not be for many years yet though....eldest is only 13..lol) I find my kids far more interesting now they are growing up.... although i have always loved em to bit's. Love watching them develop their own personalities, even find the hormonal arsey stages amusing sometimes....... thankfully these stages haven't lasted too long at a time so far and I've usually been able to reason with my son when his temper has got the better of him.
          Could I bear the thought of having a screaming baby in the house again? ... well not right now no, But i have many (bloody better be) years before i have to face that prospect...... so maybe I'll feel different when the time comes, learn to enjoy babies and toddlers .....and be able to hand em back to mum and dad pmsl
          ahhh revenge

Comment

I'd like to think grandkids would be nice, but hopefully not for years yet. I love my own kids dearly but in hindsight I sometimes think if I was 28 again and knew what i know now I don't think I'd bother. I'm not particularly maternal and I certainly don't go all gooey over babies - probaly why my own kids were never clingy and have grown upo into nice kids, independant and able to stand on their own two feet (well most of the time anyway lol). Enaid you're right, kids today are mostly vile I think. There was a toddler in Tesco's petrol station the other night, couldn't have been more than 2, running round like a maniac, mother was talking to a friend, father (?) who wasn't much more than a kid himself, picked up the brat to stop it escaping out the doors, then the child whilst still having a screaming fit, started punching him in the face, all the while repeating F**K Off F Off F Off at the top of its voice! Dad completely ignored this, just telling the little boy to stop swearing or else, mom went and paid for shopping, then said, "here's your chocolate" and handed him a massive Galaxy bar! Rewarded with chocolate for behaving like that! I was gobsmacked and had to stop myself from opening my mouth. If I thought my grandkids would turn out like that I'd emigrate!
            Think I'll shop at M & S in future, perhaps they have a better class of scrobos lol.
            Is no longer here

Comment

It's good to see other peoples opinions on this matter, I really thought I would have been classed as the wicked witch.
              I do love my kids and as you know, well most of you I am still looking after my eldest as she has severe learning difficulties. Maybe this is the reason I do not look forward to grandchildren, my daughter will never have kids. My son could have kids and more than likely will, but the thought of being asked to baby sit, or worse mind the little en while we go to work fills me with dread.
              I don't think we can blame the kids today for the way they come across, we all want better for our kids and will bend over backwards to give them what they want. (I suspect for some of you that's the reason you are on sites like these).
              I just think they are so ill mannered and manners are taught not bought.
              They want anything and everything their peers have, regardless of the consequences.
              Respect well I don't think half of them can spell it, let alone know what it means.
              OK rant over, think you've gathered I don't like kids lol

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                It's good to see other peoples opinions on this matter, I really thought I would have been classed as the wicked witch.
                I do love my kids and as you know, well most of you I am still looking after my eldest as she has severe learning difficulties. Maybe this is the reason I do not look forward to grandchildren, my daughter will never have kids. My son could have kids and more than likely will, but the thought of being asked to baby sit, or worse mind the little en while we go to work fills me with dread.
                I don't think we can blame the kids today for the way they come across, we all want better for our kids and will bend over backwards to give them what they want. (I suspect for some of you that's the reason you are on sites like these).
                I just think they are so ill mannered and manners are taught not bought.
                They want anything and everything their peers have, regardless of the consequences.
                Respect well I don't think half of them can spell it, let alone know what it means.
                OK rant over, think you've gathered I don't like kids lol
                YUP!!
                And i must agree with tempty and you enaid, i also find other peeps kids annoying specially when out and about and a child is having a tantrum (i just want to slap 'em) oops i shouldnt have said that lol
                But on the other hand i saw a toddler the other day crying and her parents were being really horrible to her and i just wanted to pick her up and give her a cuddle :kiss:
                Funny souls arent we us women lol
                Last edited by biscuits; 12th October 2007, 10:14:AM. Reason: didnt want to look daft with spelling, spaces etc. my brain is working faster than my fingers today!! lol

Comment

The Kids debate, everyone is different.

I used to hate screaming kids, but then I got two and you change, or at least you understand (or you do) the reasons.

Every parent brings up their kids differently and I dont go for the 'you do this' etc routine.

I dont know how other parents bring their kids up and I see things and think Jesus Christ, but I suppose others may look at me and my kids and think exactly the same.

Every parent is different, each to their own, All that matters to me is that my Children are happy and if others dont think, well thats for them

Comment

absolutely pk
                    we are all different, my attitudes and opinions have changed over the years as most of us do I suspect. ultimately though as long as my kids are happy and behave as I have taught them to ie with respect towards others I'm happy.
                    most important thing to remember I think....... these things don't come with instructions..... everyone has to learn for themselves..... and with all things in life there indeed some that really should not have attempted it LOL

Comment

It would be better if they DID come with instructions Tempty. And batteries, so you could take them out when you put them away to bed.

But we were all there once... and right annoying wee monsters most of us must have been too. Except me, obviously. :angels:
                      My Blog
                      http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Hello Lugger, hows your foot?
                        Just to say I was a good girl too, well most of the time anyway lol
                        I know what you mean, but please and thank you seem to be old fashioned now and I think that is so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
                          It would be better if they DID come with instructions Tempty. And batteries, so you could take them out when you put them away to bed.

But we were all there once... and right annoying wee monsters most of us must have been too. Except me, obviously. :angels:

Yeah right!! lol

Comment

Foot's getting better, and the swelling is going down underneath, so at least I can walk again. Almost.

I think a lot of today's problems with kids is, they know they are virtually untouchable. Teachers can't even tell them they're stupid. Even when they act as if they've left their brains at home. Can't be hurting the little darlings' feelings in case they grow up with "issues". Of course, thinking they can do what they want without any consequences for their actions is perfectly acceptable then. No issues there at all.
                            My Blog
                            http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Comment

pmsl you crack me up.... lolmsl:
                                When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X