• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OFT Test Case on Bank Charges ......from House of Lords to Supreme Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TODAY at the House of Lords - OFT v Banks latest news

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    Just spoken to them - should know after 3pm.
    Any news on the HoL listings?
    Do we get their judgement before they go on vacation?

Comment

The judgment isn't listed for next week I'm afraid so it'll be anytime from the beginning of October when the House of Lords judiciary re-emerges as The Supreme Court.

It is still possible the court can decide to referr it to Europe (As the final words of Lord Phillips in the appeal hearing was '' The Committee is grateful to counsel for their submissions and, subject to the possibility of a reference to Europe, will report their opinions to the House in due course'') and this would be announced when judgment is handed down

Comment

The judgment isn't listed for next week I'm afraid so it'll be anytime from the beginning of October when the House of Lords judiciary re-emerges as The Supreme Court.

It is still possible the court can decide to referr it to Europe (As the final words of Lord Phillips in the appeal hearing was '' The Committee is grateful to counsel for their submissions and, subject to the possibility of a reference to Europe, will report their opinions to the House in due course'') and this would be announced when judgment is handed down
        Thanks for letting us know.

I can see me getting my pension before this is over

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
          In that case, I think I will speculate that the OFT will win and they will lose part of the secondary issues which will make some fees fair
          Furthermore, the House of Lords will NOT give out the Judgement and I will soon be able to prove that definitvely
          Mystic Banker has got the first part right cos The Supreme Court will give out the judgement

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
            Mystic Banker has got the first part right cos The Supreme Court will give out the judgement
            Nowt worse than a clever dog with, glass balls imho lol

Comment

Where can we find the listings?

Would you post a link please.
              I make my apologies now for my spelling ability. Maths was always my subject!

Comment

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/u...ittingsNWP.pdf
                http://www.parliament.uk/documents/u...entSitting.pdf

Or you phone the Judicial office 020 7219 3111.
                email holjudicialoffice@parliament.uk

t'is all on the uk parliment site if that helps

after summer not entirely sure whats occuring but I assume it will switch to being on the supreme court site - United Kingdom Supreme Court - Ministry of Justice
                Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd July 2009, 05:24:AM.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Bankstormer View Post
                  Where can we find the listings?

Would you post a link please.
                  The listings for judgments for next week are yet to be published but won't include the OFT case.

The 'Next Week's Programme' that Ame posted the link for will be fully updated on Monday. http://www.parliament.uk/business/ju...l_business.cfm

Comment

I see we have the transcripts so that will keep me busy over the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Swine Flu victims have nicked all the large mammal tranqs and I'm happy today so anythings good lol.

Good news in all respects in my view - this combined with the FOI stuff I got last week I feel much better about the FSA.
                      Ame Please explain

Also in the waiver "if one exists". needless to say it won't

Comment

Re If one exists - some do some don't, some its just collections team. Nats has been working on a list with phone numbers so nudge for Nats on that.

Not sure which bit you want me to explain, but I am quite happy with the waiver being renewed because for it to have been lifted now would have been a really really stupid move. The FOI stuff we got shows that despite initial feelings the FSA were disorganised and simply paying lipservice with the monitoring malarky - with their refusal to give details of complaints of waiver breaches under FOI cost limit excuses and their various departments - they have actually paid visits to 7 firms and conducted a thorough review of their compliance and handling of complaints. We still have some more FOI stuff awaited which should give more detailed info - I have posted what we have thus far in the FSA forum.

And if its the Swine flu bit lol, then I get overexcited about pointless things
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

swine flu??? I thought you mentioned that to me yesterday like "wouldn't it be funny if nattiepig got it?" Is that any help ?

Comment

I understand your comments Ame but probably cos I is older than you I'm much more of a cynic. ie Visits by appointment have never impressed me as being a guarantee that supervision will be rigorous enough to discover the reality

Comment

I agree, and no its not great, but its better than we thought originally - in their original response it stated the only monitoring was for firms who thought they had breached the waiver to tell the FSA themselves, which is a bit shoddy.

Also allowing the banks to select the cases they show the FSA is a bit annoying. Better that they just had copletely random checks - don't suppose mystery shopping would work tho lol

Anyway I try look at the positives.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Comment just received

"a space among the 12-strong Supreme Court justices for October. Sumption, surely?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X