• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

The rest of us are just pretending we understand . Shhhhhhhhh
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

lol @scooby!

Comment

I'll write a Plain Intelligible Language post about it....ummm basically - nothings changed lol.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

aww thanks amethyst...although the bank has accepted my hardship claim

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7921514.stm
            That's me you know and my sister reckoned I sounded gay!!

Comment

Those cakes looked nice in the background

Comment

nice menu

Well done you, did great (((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well done Nattie, I always thought you were gay anyway

Shame they used the Student Rooms screens instead of Beagles but well done for going through with it. Loved the disgruntled look as you stood outside the bank lol.

Will have to see if we can get some more lined up for you.
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I think your sisters right Who paid for the coffee??
                    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                    Nattie now your famous:tinysmile_grin_t:
                    Last edited by righty; 4th March 2009, 01:57:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Unfortunately, with fame comes attention(and perhaps not warranted). For me the job is to get employment so, Tools/Amethyst the next interview I am going to do is for Legal Beagles. You get me the questions and I will answer them.

Comment

:kiss: working on some stinkers for you babe
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Have also got the MoneySense "interview" to work through too yet.
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Well done nattie.

PMSL Ame re the comment about the menu, I was thinking why are they showing the menu, did they need to fill up the section because nattie was picking his nose or something lol

Comment

Tim, you are our credit crunch hero

STACIA BRIGGS
                              09 March 2009

Bankers are, generally, marginally less sincere than a fox offering a chicken a haircut.

Before the credit crunch, the vast majority of us knew practically nothing about banks: we paid our wages or benefits into an account, we set up direct debits or we went to a cash point - that was it. Simple.

Now, we all know far more than we ever wanted to about lending institutions.

For example, we know that they can't be regulated properly, we can't let them go bust and we can't stop them from paying insultingly huge bonuses to bloated, greedy bank bosses from taxpayers' money.

Of course if banks didn't use the cash we've given them to kick-start the credit market to keep their executives in ermine toilet roll and moated castles, we run the risk that these financial geniuses might take their expertise elsewhere. Insert your own hollow laugh.

In short, it's not a good time to be a banker, especially if you're an honest banker who genuinely wants to see their customers getting the best financial deal possible.

This week, Tim Keirman was sacked by NatWest (“Helpful Banking”) after it was discovered that he was the mystery guardian angel posting free and impartial financial advice on consumer websites to help customers fight unjust bank charges.

By day, Tim was a Moneysense adviser (offering the kind of free and impartial financial advice that generally involves banking at NatWest), by night he was the champion of the underdog, fighting to help thousands of customers reclaim their cash.

When NatWest discovered that one of its Moneysense advisers had been genuinely trying to offer “Helpful Banking” to people in financial trouble, it acted fast: he was dismissed within days on the grounds of gross misconduct.

He said: “It was good to get a sense that I was helping someone. I didn't agree with our charging structure and there were a number of times when I heard the charges were ruining lives.”

I don't bank at NatWest (I'm still smarting over its refusal to give me a china pig money bank in the 1980s because I already had an account at Midland, where all you got was a rubbish PE bag and maths set covered in stupid griffins and dots) and having seen its latest TV campaign I'm extremely glad I don't.

A series of advertisements hammer home the institution's impartial financial advice from a group of 1,000 (999 now Tim's been sacked) Moneysense staff who have been given in-depth training - for a day - about how best to patronise halfwits about how they spend their cash.

In one advertisement, an adviser lurks in a bank lobby like a preying mantis, waiting to pounce on the first poor sod that stumbles in to use the ATM machine or deposit a day's takings.

It's easy to spot a Moneysense adviser from the usual person dispatched to the front counter to greet the public - the advisers have spent eight hours learning how to smile, the front counter assistant didn't earn the nickname “Vinegar T*ts” for nothing.

Moneysense advice can be roughly split into three main categories: (1) Unbelievably patronising (2) Insultingly obvious (3) Awe-inspiringly transparent.

A woman who gets rat-arsed on a regular basis and uses her debit card to withdraw more and more drinking money is told to leave the card at home.

A man who has been paying his utility bills with carefree abandon for years is told to shop around for a better deal. A grandmother who keeps chickens is told how to suck eggs.

All advice is greeted with a level of incredulity that leads you to believe that the customers in question are being handed the ordnance survey co-ordinates for the Holy Grail rather than a series of blindingly obvious platitudes scripted by five-year-olds.

I fully expect the next advertisement to show Moneysense advisers asking customers if they've heard of something called “the internet” or informing them that the moon isn't made of cheese.

The concepts will be so mind-blowing that every customer in the branch will instantly burst into flames, leaving only a few heaps of ash and the charred remains of half a dozen Moneysense brochures.

Tim, you're a credit crunch hero, and yours is about the only “Helpful Banking” I'm interested in hearing about - especially if you can get hold of one of those china pigs for me.

Norwich Evening News 24 - Stacia Briggs

Thanks Stacia. My first award of the year

Comment

Thats a great article made me laugh xxxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X