• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...d-1622476.html
    Bank employee who posted advice on websites is fired

By Emily Dugan

Sunday, 15 February 2009

He is the rarest of creatures: a decent, likeable banker. For more than two years Tim Keirman was the mystery guardian angel of the bank charges campaign. While still working for NatWest he helped thousands of customers get their money back by posting anonymous guidance on consumer forum websites, much to the chagrin of his employers. Last week, his identity was finally discovered by the bank. Its revenge was swift, and savage.

Mr Keirman, a 34-year-old cashier and MoneySense adviser for NatWest's Cambridge branch since 1998, yesterday revealed his identity to the IoS. After a disciplinary hearing last Wednesday, he was sacked for gross misconduct.
    Mr Keirman dedicated his spare time to helping customers navigate the bureaucracy needed to get their money back by offering targeted advice and leaking internal guideline documents.
    Marc Gander of the website Consumer Action Group said: "People see him as a hero. He was tremendously helpful."
    Mr Keirman said yesterday: "It was good to get a sense that I was helping someone. I didn't agree with our charging structure and there were a number of times when I heard the charges were ruining lives."
    A spokeswoman for NatWest said last night: "We can confirm that a member of NatWest staff has recently been dismissed for gross misconduct for releasing confidential internal information without authorisation to a third party."
    Last edited by Amethyst; 21st October 2009, 14:04:PM.

Re: NatWestStaffMember: My true self revealed

Nice to meet you Tim,
    Thank you for all your help.
    Helen. x x x x x:tinysmile_kiss_t4:
    x x x Millie Cat x x x

Got 75% of my OverDraft Charges back, yerrrr.

Treat others with the same Care and Respect
    As you would wish others to treat you.

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Comment

Its not a problem. I think for forums, I will always be Nattie no matter how many people I help. At least you all know I am not a girlie!!

Comment

Well done Nattie :kiss:
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have had the pleasure of meeting Nattie and he is definately not a girlie LOL.
          I hope your story gets a bit more press coverage, show Natwest in it's true colours and helps you maybe get another job. (though it may not be in the secret service).

Comment

I must admit, I did think you where in your 40's

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              I have had the pleasure of meeting Nattie and he is definately not a girlie LOL.
              I hope your story gets a bit more press coverage, show Natwest in it's true colours and helps you maybe get another job. (though it may not be in the secret service).
              PMSL

Comment

I have had the pleasure of meeting Tim and can honestly say he is one of the nicest blokes I know. His lack of rythem on the dancefloor leaves a lot to be desired but his humour and manners more than make up for that. I am glad you are going to carry on with this campaign and wish you all the best for the future. I hope we can meet again, I will point you towards the bar as you seemed to not find it very often.....pmsl.

Best wishes,
                Liam.
                Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

At least we've been spared a mug shot.

and now you can change your name to TKMaxx

Comment

Originally posted by michael View Post
                    At least we've been spared a mug shot.

and now you can change your name to TKMaxx
                    PMSL, one was supplied to them though, maybe it didn`t pass their censorship rules.
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

ermmm, they used the mugshot in the paper edition. For reference, page 12 and 13. I have been out of the closet I guess

Comment

I've had the pleasure of meeting Tim on a couple of occassions, and I agree he is one of the nicest guys you could want to meet.
                        Although I think he's a bit of a lightweight in the drinking stakes bless him, I suppose we'll have to organise another LB meet and Di and myself can give him a few more lessons on partaking of the liquid refreshment.

Bless you hun, your a star :kiss:

Comment

Only 34! I am suprised, you always sound so worldly wise if you know what I mean.

funny how you have an image in your mind I thought you were a bit:ranger:

Where as in fact you are a bit more:drum:
                          "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

The readers comments say it all!

I've only just got on line and seen the article, I'll catch a late night newsagent for a hard copy.

Next stop " the Jonathan Ross show" Nattie

every reader will be thinking what a bunch of toasters the bank are, quite rightly so.
                            The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

I don't agree with the summation that the bank are as described. As the article states, I breached a duty of trust towards the bank and the bank cut me down. Furthermore, it was not as swift as the article alleges but the ending was the correct decision. I hope that the image I have given across forums is a positive one of bank staff. Please do not use this article on me as a stick to beat frontline branch staff because they are my former colleagues and I have the highest respect for them, regardless of anything.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X