• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Banks Must Change their Culture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Banks Must Change their Culture

http://awisefool.com/2012/04/11/bob-...-equalisation/

Comment

Originally posted by Crispybacon View Post
      I just simply cannot see how the banks can be allowed to get away with this. If any other company or individual acted in a similar manner they would be arrested immediately and sent down for a long time.

Anything less than long prison sentences, arrest of the top brass for fraud, and a real shake up of banking conduct (not just marketing gestures) will be a real miscarriage of justice.

Relationships between banks and consumers had become a battlefield already. This latest scandal shows how much the financial 'lords and masters' hold consumers in contempt.

Replace 'banks' with 'government'.

I wonder of white collar crime is a statistic for police targets?

Organised.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
        http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/03/inve...ibor/index.htm

I wonder if Mr. Diamond will be cracking open a bottle of Bollinger tomorrow in order to celebrate Independence Day?
        Probably not...!

Probably yes AC as he pocketed £30 million apparently for the resignation. And an easy ride at the joke of an enquiry. The final part of his plan is to be the news that your chips are wrapped in and that's the bit that will not go according to plan.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18758492

Comment

http://www.economist.com/node/21558281

Comment

What a brilliant article. If nothing else it proves the sham that happened at the pathetic hearing where he claimed not to have known. To think these clowns were allowed to run countries for the past decade when in reality, they couldn't run a sweet shop without eating the stock.

Comment

Yes, the FSA knew what was happening years ago, but apparently once again turned a blind eye.

Huge lawsuits will start to emerge globally.

Comment

That makes me laugh Stephen, the top of these organisations are all sir this and sir that and would say they are so proudly nationalistic. Yet they allow the country to be **** all over - I can't square that circle no matter how hard I try.

Comment

Proudly nationalistic as long as they are making loads and loads of money.

It will be pleasant to see justice done for once.

Comment

We are on the Libor rate with a sub prime lender (Rooftop Mortgages) our rate is set every 3 months and when the Libor was very high we almost was unable to keep up the payments and had to fight to keep our home.

If the rates were fixed to suit Barclays and other banks and the libor rate was higher than it should have been then many hundres of thousand of people would have had their homes repossessed because of this.

Maybe we should be considering a working VIP group to tackle this problem and see how best we can achieve some satisfaction for the many thousands of people that have been losers because of the shoddy way the banks have taken advantage of the consumer. Maybe Exc could consider setting up the group with a press release and I would be delighted to support the group in moving this project forward.

Comment

100% support.

Comment

Its been going on since the late 80's early 90's...B Liar, clearly turned a bind eye, as have others who have no 'Balls'!

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                            We are on the Libor rate with a sub prime lender (Rooftop Mortgages) our rate is set every 3 months and when the Libor was very high we almost was unable to keep up the payments and had to fight to keep our home.

If the rates were fixed to suit Barclays and other banks and the libor rate was higher than it should have been then many hundres of thousand of people would have had their homes repossessed because of this.

Maybe we should be considering a working VIP group to tackle this problem and see how best we can achieve some satisfaction for the many thousands of people that have been losers because of the shoddy way the banks have taken advantage of the consumer. Maybe Exc could consider setting up the group with a press release and I would be delighted to support the group in moving this project forward.
                            I'm certainly no expert on Libor but as I understand it Barclays and other banks submitted artificially low rates which if anything would have had the effect of lowering Libor and presumably your mortgage interest rate in the process. So it is your mortgage provider who has really lost out and that's why the law suits in the USA are being brought by similar institutions rather than consumers.

That's not to say that the Libor rate didn't significantly increase when the credit crunch hit but that was because banks lost trust in each other's credit standing and not because of any fiddling.

Comment

Thats how I understood it as well
                              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

I understood it went both ways and as far back as I can remember around 1995 the libor rates went particularly high and we were being crucified with the rates of payback of our mortgage loan. The press of certainly indicated on the news that this affected many borrowrs on the libor rates who paid inflated interest rates and who did lose their homes as a result.

Are you saying Exc that this is one that we should not get involved in as a VIP working group as I believe that this affects many thousands of people and people have suffered terribly at the hands of these banks who have made a lot of people homeless from their manipulation of these rates.

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                                I'm certainly no expert on Libor but as I understand it Barclays and other banks submitted artificially low rates which if anything would have had the effect of lowering Libor and presumably your mortgage interest rate in the process. So it is your mortgage provider who has really lost out and that's why the law suits in the USA are being brought by similar institutions rather than consumers.

That's not to say that the Libor rate didn't significantly increase when the credit crunch hit but that was because banks lost trust in each other's credit standing and not because of any fiddling.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X