• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    I spoke about that with Tom. The ''OPENING COURT CASE CHARGE'' isn't the filing fee to the court but their own fee to the customer for filing which obviously isn't one of the types of fees listed in the overdue charges menu even though they state on the lists of actual charges that:
    Indeed it isn't on that list, and is obviously made to look like the court fee - the case that would have been an £80 filing fee doesn't have that court charge on oddly.

I don't think we need worry about it too much as we're defending the entire claim rather than parts of it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Scammed View Post
      Sorry sent you all the emails I got from them apart from one which was in my junk box and disappeared few months later. Sorry if I jammed your inbox.
      lol, that's okay my inbox is pretty jammed already anyway xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

[MENTION=61953]Dan.h[/MENTION] Just a quickie - your particulars of claim say they will send full particulars within 14 days - DO NOT WAIT FOR THOSE BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING THE CLAIM.
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Indeed it isn't on that list, and is obviously made to look like the court fee - the case that would have been an £80 filing fee doesn't have that court charge on oddly.

I don't think we need worry about it too much as we're defending the entire claim rather than parts of it.
          could it then be used as an argument about their entire operation? Even when issuing court claim they misleading how they present their charges? At first glance it looks like the charges are the court fee but actually they aren't and that's how they scammed so many people! Surely it highlights their business ethos of clear lack of it

Comment

Oh I think there is plenty of evidence to highlight their lack of ethos.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay, thinking about 'testimonials' - I think it would be a good idea and helpful for the court defences if everyone wrote a witness statement which can be used for everyone elses case. I'll speak to Tom about that on Monday and put a ''template'' of a Witness Statement together which we can then (in VIP) keep in a bank of evidence for others to use in their cases.

It would be things about how you found the website, how it misled you, how you are a reasonable consumer etc. I'll suss out exactly what can go in it but I think that would be really useful.

It would need to be on an anonymous basis - on the forum - but the actual Witness Statements for court would have to be identified and signed with a statement of truth. So it does need thinking about.

It could also assist in making a bulk complaint to TS, ICO and HMPO etc ?

Thinking out loud really so any thoughts would be welcome on that.
              This is a fantastic idea, Amethyst, and the more we can pull together and start hassling these ineffective public bodies THE BETTER. When you consider the actual number of us on here, it isn't huge - less than 10 people with active court cases isn't that many, on the face of it - however, it is definitely significant that ALL these cases have only just been issued, at the same time.

Whoever is defending first needs to point that out in their defence - the Court must be made aware of this suspicious behaviour by the claimant, for example in our case it's going back to June/July 2014! Why wait 6 months + to chase a LEGITIMATE debt?

If we can become a truly vocal minority, and a real nuisance to those who should be protecting us but aren't - we may see some progress.

What the hell do we pay our taxes for? The Govt. has a duty of care to protect its citizens against criminals - in all these copycat rip-off cases, it ain't happening! I searched for the Office of Fair Trading to report this: no longer in existence. It closed last April and there doesn't seem to be a comparable office with the same clout - TS is the next best thing but it seems they've been as much of a chocolate fireguard as the ASA.

Howard and his ilk have no doubt realised there's no guard at the gate any more and so are plundering while they can before something is done about it. Well, we need to shout from the rooftops that WE WILL NOT BE RIPPED OFF!

So yes, we'll give a statement that we would be happy to be used to support others' cases, as we would like that kind of evidence ourselves.

Comment

Thank you. Don't send anything to anyone other than me though ( which sounds a bit control freaky but I'm trying to protect you guys as well) I'll speak with Tom on Monday and see if this would assist ( it wouldn't be needed until we get to bundles for court so its not urgent ) and I'll come back to you later.

I was just thinking about the websitestandardsagency and consumer-rights websites rubbish - and think they are trying to get around the ASA CAP code by using this
                Making a complaint about party political material

Claims in non-broadcast advertisements whose principal function is to influence voters in a local, national or international election or referendum are exempt from the CAP Code. Broadcast political advertising is prohibited in the UK. Ofcom is responsible for considering whether TV or radio ads have been directed towards a political end or placed by an individual or organisation whose aims are of a political nature. Complaints about political bias in broadcast ads should be made to Ofcom.
                which would explain why they ( Richard Howard and Alexander Luke Boniface ) suddenly set up a registered political party ( Privatise for Prosperity ) to attribute those websites to. I suspect the ASA will see straight through that one, well I hope they will.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Presumably that is argued as their admin charge ( on the list with their abusive language charge).
                  I'm waiting for the "spying on internet forums to see what you are up to" charge to be added to the list.

£1 per page view.

Comment

I was just thinking about the websitestandardsagency and consumer-rights websites rubbish - and think they are trying to get around the ASA CAP code by using this [didn't copy your quote for some reason?]

which would explain why they ( Richard Howard and Alexander Luke Boniface ) suddenly set up a registered political party ( Privatise for Prosperity ) to attribute those websites to. I suspect the ASA will see straight through that one, well I hope they will.
                    Well, that shows how pick as thigshit these dunderheads really are, if that's the case. "Claims in non-broadcast advertisements whose principal function is to influence voters in a local, national or international election or referendum are exempt from the CAP Code. "

Somehow, don't think that applies to 'non-broadcast advertisements whose principal function is to': RIP PEOPLE OFF, or to attempt to legitimise their own BULLSHIT.

Much hinges on how a website is regarded in law, I think. To me, a website shouldn't be regarded as an 'advert' - a website has more in common with a physical store front or premises: 'goods' are displayed, customers can 'interact' by buying or contacting the website owners, and goods/services can be advertised in a variety of ways.

Maybe someone else on here knows more about that?

We are planning to submit a whole range of evidence to support our case, and to show that BPS are most disingenuous. We're currently putting that together - looking forward to seeing your specimen defence to see how it stacks against what we plan to do. If our solicitor advises us to put things in that don't appear in the specimen defence, we'll let you know ASAP so you can inform others.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                      I'm waiting for the "spying on internet forums to see what you are up to" charge to be added to the list.

£1 per page view.
                      LOOOOOL, Nibbler. Anyone offering odds on this now appearing on future 'invoices?'

Comment

So if you go to court, would you need a soloicitor? Would it be better? I worry it's basically their words against ours and they know how to play the system so much better so an individual like me doesn't seem to have much chance to stand against them alone.

Comment

Originally posted by didactosaurus View Post
                          LOOOOOL, Nibbler. Anyone offering odds on this now appearing on future 'invoices?'
                          I also wonder, if you call them a bunch of ****ing ****ing **nts on here, and they've worked out who you are, will they apply the abusive language charge? :rofl:

Comment

Don't worry scammed, we know the courts far far better than they do. You are not alone xxx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Scammed View Post
                              So if you go to court, would you need a soloicitor? Would it be better? I worry it's basically their words against ours and they know how to play the system so much better so an individual like me doesn't seem to have much chance to stand against them alone.
                              99% of the time peoiple here are able to be equipped enough to do fine on their own.

On the other 1% the site team know a few lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                                I also wonder, if you call them a bunch of ****ing ****ing **nts on here, and they've worked out who you are, will they apply the abusive language charge? :rofl:
                                No we will. That'll be a tenner please.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X