• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dubious Insurance Company.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you do the dates please for these bits.
    1:I put the details in and bought the insurance.
    ( also after you did that did you receive an email confirming insurance / terms of insurance etc etc ?)
    2:I had an email back to call them to go through their validation process

3:An email confirmed this but also said I had not said I wanted to proceed

4:I replied asking them why would I go through their validation process if I did not want to take out the insurance?

5:Another reply saying they were going to cancel as I had not said I wanted to proceed
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      ( also after you did that did you receive an email confirming insurance / terms of insurance etc etc ?)

4:I replied asking them why would I go through their validation process if I did not want to take out the insurance?

5:Another reply saying they were going to cancel as I had not said I wanted to proceed
      I can, but will have to be later as I have the information saved elsewhere. As I recall, everything happened in the last week or so of July. Will add the dates later.

Comment

On the basis of what you write they have no basis for a claim.

You have a right to cancel a policy during the 14 day cooling off period (starts on inception or from rate policy comes to hand) and they can only charge a pro rata premium for time on risk.
        You "cancelled" prior inception therefor no time on risk charge available.

Has your credit card not yet refunded your premium?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          On the basis of what you write they have no basis for a claim.

You have a right to cancel a policy during the 14 day cooling off period (starts on inception or from rate policy comes to hand) and they can only charge a pro rata premium for time on risk.
          You "cancelled" prior inception therefor no time on risk charge available.

Has your credit card not yet refunded your premium?
          That is how I see things here. No policy documents were ever issued and the "cancellation" was before the starting date.

Currently the Credit Card company is got the payment on hold but I am assuming they will rule in my favour especially as Nova/Pex have now gone down the recovery path.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Before I add some updates I will answer these question as best I can

1. According to credit Card Statement, I paid on 25th July. No email of confirmation nor terms of insurance.
            2. Pretty sure the email for their validation process was the next day (26th)

I bought insurance elsewhere on 29th July so questions 3 and 4 would have been before that.

I agreed to their "cancellation" after I had taken out the insurance elsewhere. Probably 30th July.

However, I did not get a chance to look at the paperwork with the dates as I received the reply for the credit card company and an email from the debt company.

I am going to try the Credit card company because that is unacceptable, but why are this other company still harassing me when you see the various dates of the correspondence?
            Attached Files

Comment

"..... but why are this other company still harassing me when you see the various dates of the correspondence?"
              Probably 'cos they only obtain commission on monies they collect!

Comment

Do I reply to them about that?

I will try the credit card company again as was not able to get through earlier to find out what is going on there. I will also inform them of these developments.

Comment

I would ignore them, but follow up the credit card position.
                  Peeps can ask for money as often as they like, but unless they initiate the preaction protocol I would ignore them and their threats

Comment

Finally got through to the card company and I need to put a written reply back to them which I am going to do.

What is the preaction protocol they are supposed to follow? I naturally assume they have not done so but would like to be sure for future reference.

Interestingly, Nova seem to have done something similar to someone else looking at the latest feedback.

2 days ago

Complete rip off

We teied buying insurance from them just to find that they are the “middleman” between is and the insurer. They then call you to confirm data, just to tell you they cannot go ahead with the insurance and to say they will charge you a fee of 125 POUNDS for the application.

A total rip off

Comment

Pre action protocol official guidance: https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...s/debt-pap.pdf

Comment

I have had a read of this and wonder if I need to do anything.

4 RESPONSE BY THE DEBTOR

4.1 The debtor should use the Reply Form in Annex 1 for their response. The

debtor should request copies of any documents they wish to see and enclose

copies of any documents they consider relevant, such as details of payments

made but not taken into account in the creditor’s Letter of Claim.

4.2 If the debtor indicates that they are seeking debt advice, the creditor must

allow the debtor a reasonable period for the advice to be obtained. In any

event, the creditor should not start court proceedings less than 30 days from

receipt of the completed Reply Form or 30 days from the creditor providing

any documents requested by the debtor, whichever is the later.

4.3 If the debtor indicates in the Reply Form that they are seeking debt advice

that cannot be obtained within 30 days of their reply, the debtor must provide

details to the creditor as specified in the Reply Form. The creditor should

- 5 -

allow reasonable extra time for the debtor to obtain that advice where it would

be reasonable to do so in the circumstances.

4.4 Where a debtor indicates in the Reply Form that they require time to pay, the

creditor and debtor should try to reach agreement for the debt to be paid by

instalments, based on the debtor’s income and expenditure. In trying to agree

affordable sums for repayment, the creditor should have regard where

appropriate to the provisions of the Standard Financial Statement or

equivalent guidance. If the creditor does not agree to a debtor’s proposal for

repayment of the debt, they should give the debtor reasons in writing.

4.5 A partially completed Reply Form should be taken by the creditor as an

attempt by the debtor to engage with the matter. The creditor should attempt

to contact the debtor to discuss the Reply Form and obtain any further

information needed to understand the debtor’s position.

Comment

No need yet.... it appears you have only received standard letters from a debt collector.
                          They cannot initiate court action, only the owner of the alleged debt can do that.

Comment

That is good to hear. As they currently have refunded £387 and have the debt collector saying £512, the amount they are after is actually unclear.

Comment

Here are the contents of my reply to the card company.

As requested, the written response to your letter dated 19 September 2019, a copy of which is enclosed.

It was with some shock I read your response as it leaves me £125 out of pocket to a company who frankly should not be allowed to trade. As you were made aware in the first instance, they took my money and never supplied the good or services paid for, ie Car insurance.

Had this been an online purchase of a household appliance for example, that was never delivered, would there then be some sort of forfeit for placing the order that the vendor never sent?

Since I raised the dispute I have had threatening emails form Nova Direct as well as a letter from their recovery company followed up by an email. Copies of which I have included.

Your letter states that pexinsure have refunded me £387.00 on 30th August 2019. My last statement confirms the refund although the date is 28 August 2019. Why then, was the letter from their recovery agent dated 19/09/2019 the same date as your letter and then on 24/09/2019 the follow up email? Clearly this is not down to yourselves but surely a reputable company would not be using Debt Agencies before the result of a dispute is known. Further they have stated the sum of £512 is owed. This further implies that pexinsure did not intend to give any refund at all.

Whatever they have said since, it became clear they had no intention of supplying the insurance policy that I paid for. Indeed, this is not the only time they have done this as can be seen from their own feedback. I have enclosed some examples including one that mirrors my own situation with them.

I trust this can now be resolved quickly and efficiently.

I am looking to send this as soon as I can.

Comment

The credit card letter says they have the £387 refund, but intend to recharge your account with £512.

Have they said why? Do they believe Nova are entitled to that money?

Last edited by des8; 27th September 2019, 18:14:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X