• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dubious Insurance Company.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you note in that legal letter they are threatening HCEO for a debt that would not come up to the required amount.

Comment

If what the card company told me is correct. they are going to pay back the £387 refund meaning I have my correct refund. I am waiting for the company to notify me of this in writing.
      So the option to call them is basically another trick? Thanks for the heads up. I will look to compose a letter. I am wondering how much detail to put in though.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        If you note in that legal letter they are threatening HCEO for a debt that would not come up to the required amount.
        If I understand correctly, they are pursuing the full premium rather than the admin fees.

Comment

Don't put any detail in the letter
          Just tell them that if that letter is meant to be a letter before claim it does not comply with the preaction protocols, and you dispute it anyway and suggest they refer back to their client.

Comment

A couple of lines sounds fine. I will post a draft later.

Thanks for that.

Here is my draft.

I am writing to query why I have been sent a left from Canford Law for a payment that is in dispute which is currently still waiting resolution.
            Further if it is a letter before a claim, why does it not comply with the preaction protocols?
            Last edited by HeinrichJ; 11th October 2019, 13:24:PM. Reason: Additional information.

Comment

So letter sent to ICB and then yesterday got this reply from the Card Company.
              2nd Reply with Redactions.pdf

This is exactly what I was asking for so hoping things proceed as they should.

Now, surely this also negates the demand for £512 as they refunded the £387 which they now have back.

Comment

Everything going your way

Did you send letter to Cranford (I missed your post 50)?

Comment

I sent the letter to ICB rather than Cranford. I can send a copy to Cranford if you think it will help.

Comment

Crossing Ts and dotting Is is the name of the game.
                    I would also send to Cranford

Comment

Ok Thanks,

I will send a copy the them as well.

Comment

Just started to edit the letter to send a copy to Cranford Law and they are at the same address. So would appear to be another branch of the same company.

Comment

Might even be the same desk!

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me. Makes the copy unnecessary though.

Comment

Reply from ICB received yesterday. acc

ICB Operations<operations@icbureau.co.uk>
                              16/10/2019 13:31
                              To

Dear

Thank you for your recent letter

With regards to this, I can confirm that your letterl has been forwarded onto our client and we will be in contact with you once we have received a response from them.

Kind Regards,

Insurance Collections Bureau.
                              --
                              Collections Team

Insurance Collections Bureau Ltd
                              Weltech House,
                              Ridgeway

Comment

Well, not wanting to tempt fate but nothing more in the last month.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X