• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**STRUCK OUT!!** Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

What do you think the chances are they will pay?

Ive have NO phone calls, letters or correspondence from them since they sent me a letter in April, they have ignored my request for info.

Lets hope they don't pay it

Comment

Originally posted by Roddaz77 View Post
      What do you think the chances are they will pay?

Ive have NO phone calls, letters or correspondence from them since they sent me a letter in April, they have ignored my request for info.

Lets hope they don't pay it
      In my opinion Lowell Solicitors judging by previous activities probably have no idea what to do next, they are very unpredictable Roddaz.

nem

Comment

I've just phoned the court it's been transferred too. They have said they are a bit behind so ring back at the end of the week but nothing is showing on the account to say Lowells have paid the fee!! She mentioned the court date in October tho.. As the letter stated..

its mentioned that they had to pay this by I think the 26th July so what is the process now on this please if you can help me that would be again amazing, hopefully now this will be something I can stop worrying about
        thanks

Comment

Bump, I've not heard anything Off Lowells or the courts to say if this had been paid.

If not, and Lowells haven't paid the court costs what happens next thanks

Comment

I've just phoned the court it's been transferred too. They have said they are a bit behind so ring back at the end of the week but nothing is showing on the account to say Lowells have paid the fee!! She mentioned the court date in October tho.. As the letter stated..

its mentioned that they had to pay this by I think the 26th July so what is the process now on this please if you can help me that would be again amazing, hopefully now this will be something I can stop worrying about
            thanks
            There is a considerable backlog in NCCBC some say up to 14 days+ .

Yes check ring before 1600hs on Friday.

nem

Comment

Just spoken to the court for an update and they have said Lowells have not paid it, but the court is obliged to give them one last chance to pay. A letter has gone out to Lowell and then if still nothing then they remove it from the hearing date...

so so looks like I have to play another waiting game now

let hope the letter doesn't remind them to pay ��

What at is the usual process if hey don't pay this after the reminder, is that the ccj struck off and I can sleep easy or is it a case they will re apply? Or will they just start the chasing process again

Comment

Just spoken to the court for an update and they have said Lowells have not paid it, but the court is obliged to give them one last chance to pay. A letter has gone out to Lowell and then if still nothing then they remove it from the hearing date...

so so looks like I have to play another waiting game now

let hope the letter doesn't remind them to pay 😡

What at is the usual process if hey don't pay this after the reminder, is that the ccj struck off and I can sleep easy or is it a case they will re apply? Or will they just start the chasing process again

A judge will review the claim if Lowell fail to meet the required submission he/she may order the claim struck out.

To predict what Lowell may or may not do is impossible.

nem

Comment

Comment

Hi guys, help is needed again.

I've today phoned the local county court and Lowells have now paid the court fee.
                    They didn't meet the original date but have now paid!!!!!

What do I do now, the man at the court says I need to contact Lowells as I told him that they have still not sent me anything and I would need to show willing to the judge 😩

He also told me to write a witness statement that I need to send in and send off all documents I have... Well I have none. I sent Lowells a cca etc and had nothing back and that was way back in March!!!

He told me to include this in the statement, so what do I put in this

I need to kow what to do next, what to expect in court as this is next month mid October and I'm scared stiff I am going to have to pay £2,000

I'm also told off the man in the court that Lowells have not yet sent anything in to the courts

I'm really panicking now that in going to get a ccj 😡

Your help as always is much appreciated

Comment

• Re: Lowell solicitors and ccj with Northampton County Court

Hi guys, help is needed again.

I've today phoned the local county court and Lowells have now paid the court fee.
                      They didn't meet the original date but have now paid!!!!!

What do I do now, the man at the court says I need to contact Lowells as I told him that they have still not sent me anything and I would need to show willing to the judge 

He also told me to write a witness statement that I need to send in and send off all documents I have... Well I have none. I sent Lowells a cca etc and had nothing back and that was way back in March!!!

He told me to include this in the statement, so what do I put in this

I need to kow what to do next, what to expect in court as this is next month mid October and I'm scared stiff I am going to have to pay £2,000

I'm also told off the man in the court that Lowells have not yet sent anything in to the courts

I'm really panicking now that in going to get a ccj 

Your help as always is much appreciated
                      A witness statement is your " story " of the events that have occurred and are the reason for the claim and your " evidence " you have put forward to defend the claim. This must be sent to the court and the claimants solicitors At Least 14 days prior to the hearing.

The non compliance with the CCA will still be a bar to enforcement.

nem

Comment

Thanks for your reply so I will put in the statement what's happened. I've asked for a cca and sent £1 postal order and had nothing back. I've done everything as required on the claim and still heard nothing and they were late in paying the fee...

What's the last bit mean the bar? I don't understand what that means to the claim

Sorry

Comment

Thanks for your reply so I will put in the statement what's happened. I've asked for a cca and sent £1 postal order and had nothing back. I've done everything as required on the claim and still heard nothing and they were late in paying the fee...

What's the last bit mean the bar? I don't understand what that means to the claim

Sorry
                          #
                          No need to be sorry at all!!

It means that if the claimant has not complied with the CCA request they cannot enforce the debt until they produce the agreement.

nem

Comment

Thank you nem. I'll write it up tomorrow and send it off to both courts and Lowells solicitors

Court it is, let's see what they come up with immn the mean time

Comment

Thank you nem. I'll write it up tomorrow and send it off to both courts and Lowells solicitors

Court it is, let's see what they come up with immn the mean time
                              If you want to post it here before sending so we can check for you.

nem

Comment

Brilliant that would be good.

I'm actually not really sure what to write if I'm honest. Apart from I'm defending a claim I have had no correspondence back from either the solicitor OR the dca.

Ive recieved only documents that say I'm being taken for a ccj at Northampton county court and when I've asked them for information by sending £1 postal order and a cca request for account details etc I've been ignored. Only to receive confirmation of claim, the pack from the courts for mediation who I agreed, but having no evidence of the account from
                                Lowells they couldn't continue, then get a letter off the court saying it's been moved to my local court for a hearing in October.
                                To which they had a deadline of July to pay the fee to continue and missed it, to then be chased off the court, and if I hadn't rung the court to say I've heard nothing then it may well have not even been paid as they were notified and given an extension to pay and did a month late on the 23rd August.

I am defending a claim I actually don't know how, or why I'm defending it.
                                If they can provide me evidence that I can revive then I can be in a better place to 'defend' or to accept liability for. But until this happens I'm defending myself from Lowells.

Roughly how would that sound in a witness statement.
                                Would you add anything or take anything out.

I've been as honest as I can in the statement but am willing to listen to ANY HELP that could help me get Lowells from getting money and a ccj on me

Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X