• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Help, Wont Give up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When DCA's ask for id documents I thought that was called fishing and in reality they have nothing on you.

Comment

My letter dated 10th June 2019 asking for a CCA etc they have not replied.

The deadline is 12 days I think?

Comment

I think your past worrying about that at the moment you want to show them that you are not the right person that they should've been chasing for the last 10 years, and they have the right to check that you are the right person for sending copies of all communications between you and data held about you. If they do comply and send all the information it might give you some ideas as to how the debt has ended up being Attributed to you.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Can you give some feedback on this type of debt is it pre 2007 does that mean anything to you.

Comment

Originally posted by richie0522 View Post
            My letter dated 10th June 2019 asking for a CCA etc they have not replied.

The deadline is 12 days I think?
            Yes it's 12 days +2 working days and then the debt becomes and unenforceable while they remain in default of your request. You can then use that as part of your defence if they issue a claim against you. However if they do you supply the documents further down the line they will be able to enforce it. Of course you have other defence points so be interesting to see what they do.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

So send ID docs and wait for the data.

What should they send me if anything and if do I will post and let you know

Comment

All data they hold about you
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Yes it's 12 days +2 working days and then the debt becomes and unenforceable while they remain in default of your request. You can then use that as part of your defence if they issue a claim against you. However if they do you supply the documents further down the line they will be able to enforce it. Of course you have other defence points so be interesting to see what they do.

Just a question about this.. would you be asking for the CCA from the OC via the DCA or one presumably from the DCA who purchased the debt assuming that they would never have that to send??

Comment

Yes you ask the DCA who has purchased the debt as under section 187 of the consumer credit act 1974 They are classed as the creditor by assignment. Generally they obtain the original agreement from the original creditor who they purchased the debt off. Sometimes they can sometimes they can't.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

• Are you aware that pre-April 2007 agreements cannot be enforced with a reconstituted agreement.

Only a certified true copy of the original in its entirety can be considered, and only if it meets the requirements,

otherwise it still stands as unenforceable.

Is this rubbish or good practice. Just wondering

Comment

• Bit of both - you have a copy of the original in any case xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

• No, I said they sent statements but have been altered.

Comment

• The agreement is a copy of the alleged original not a reconstruction ( I have only seen the one page of it mind ) Really in your case, where it isn't your agreement or debt, compliance with the cca request only becomes relevant if you are unable to evidence that it is not your debt.
                            Attached Files
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

• So the above agreement which they sent me (One Page Only) means they have got me, that is all the proof they need to send

Comment

• *I agree with Amethyst on this.
                                It's not worth arguing the toss, & to try & do so justs 'longs it out'.

(* first time for everything/anything?)
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X