• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Help, Wont Give up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted this a few days ago and ask this is what they got. You did not mention that they got you and its your debt.

You said also for me to reply to a SAR Request which I did, by sending my ID documents.

If they got this document what is the point I replying to a SAR Request and fighting them on this.

Comment

• I may be wrong, but I think you might be confusing their obligations re a SAR with the obligations of CCA ss77-79 requests.

A SAR should disclose all data they hold which can ID you as a living person.
      As a rule this would not necessarily include T&Cs as they are normally generic.

A CCA request is for a true copy of the agreement (or in some instances a reconstituted version), all T&Cs applicable to the agreement + any variations of them applicable throughout it's 'life', & a statement of the account.
      This sent to the current creditor (owner).
      (You've stated that you've sent a CCA request....+ £1 payment?......but they haven't responded?)
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

• I have already gone through this with AMETHYST.

Trying to get a right answer here.

I am confused

Comment

• Originally posted by richie0522 View Post
          I have already gone through this with AMETHYST.

Trying to get a right answer here.

I am confused
          Ok, so 1 step at a time.

Have you sent a CCA s78 request + £1.00 payment to the current creditor?
          If so,did you get get proof of sending/posting?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• Yes, they have been chasing me for 10 years, sent many requests for CCA and SARs Requests aswell, so far no luck.

On Saturday Cabot have finally answered my sar request by requesting ID Documents, which I have sent off on Saturday afternoon.

Went to see what they send.

Have I shot my self in the foot here by sending my id Documents?

Comment

Yes, they have been chasing me for 10 years, sent many requests for CCA and SARs Requests aswell, so far no luck.

On Saturday Cabot have finally answered my sar request by requesting ID Documents, which I have sent off on Saturday afternoon.

Went to see what they send.

Have I shot my self in the foot here by sending my id Documents?
              No, no footshooting on your part, lol!
              I've found, after sending many SARs to many organisations, that most if not all ask for ID (& in most cases this is after I have been in communication with them on several occasions.)
              Imho they ask for ID when you SAR for one reason (*or possibly 2)
              Because they can....it's in the rules (ICO)

(*2nd reason?......maybe they're hoping you'll give up & go away!)
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• What do you mean Give Up? Me or them. Because I find Cabot is like dog with a bone, never gives up.

Comment

What do you mean Give Up? Me or them. Because I find Cabot is like dog with a bone, never gives up.
                  It sometimes seems (to me) that they hope that, by throwing obstacles in your way, you'll give up trying.

It would seem, however, that like me, you're not the 'giving up' type.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• Yes, but if they got a cca from 2006 with my name on it and signed by me well they got me.

I have over the 10 years with different DCAs many owed by Cabot told them it is not me and you need to proof it, its only now very are getting heavy handed and agreeing with my SAR Request after many attempts.

SO HAVE THEY GOT ME OR NOT

Comment

Yes, but if they got a cca from 2006 with my name on it and signed by me well they got me.

I have over the 10 years with different DCAs many owed by Cabot told them it is not me and you need to proof it, its only now very are getting heavy handed and agreeing with my SAR Request after many attempts.

SO HAVE THEY GOT ME OR NOT
                      Not possible to comment atm without further info.

1/ Did you SAR only Cabot, & if so, what exactly did they send?

2/ Have you SAR'd the original creditor?

3/ Did you send a CCA s78 request to Cabot (+ £1 payment) & if so, did you get proof of sending?
                      (You've previously stated that they haven't responded to a request.)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• I seem to be repeating myself

I told all this to AMETHYST.

I think I do this my way

I think I done a mistake in sending my documents and I just give.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

• I sent a basic CCA request 5 times after that and nothing back, just ignored. Just told me to go to Cabot
                          You posted the above a while back.

To whom did you send the CCA request(s)?

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• Cabot

Comment

• If your CCA request + payment was sent to Cabot (& you have proof of sending) but they have failed to respond within the 14 or so days previously mentioned by Amethyst, then they cannot enforce any claim until such a time that they fully comply with that request.
                              Obviously there seems to be some doubt as to whether you ever had an agreement for this alleged debt.
                              In light of the document recently sent to you via a SAR, has your position changed on this? (IE are you still claiming no knowledge of it?)
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

• Yes, But they have just recently magically appeared with theses documents after 10 years of battling with Cabot and various other dcas, all owned by Cabot

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X