• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Help, Wont Give up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I had this letter today from Cabot about my Sar Request.

Interesting to read the last paragraph about the CCA and Statements and being the Data Controller.

T

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E2766341-1DE3-4DD0-A7DF-AD2AEB047448.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1474882
        Last edited by Amethyst; 6th July 2019, 10:03:AM. Reason: Post it notes are see through ;)

Comment

• Lovely stuff - look forward to seeing what they do provide.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

• I thought they own the debt and are the data controller

Comment

• Been following this with some interest.

Ritchie0522 - have you any idea how your signature got onto the account agreement?

Comment

• The short answer to your question is - NO. I would not say its mind but its looks quite similar.

The statements they have sent me over the last 10 years since they been chasing me are false. Dates are wrong and living at addressees which I never lived at.

So if Cabot can do that they can altered signature I guess.

Comment

• would you or AMETHYST like to comment on the SAR letter I have posted and they saying they may not have a CCA or Statements.

Comment

• Nothing really to say - see what they send - So far that's a standard letter In reply to a SAR, and you know they have got the agreement and statements because they've previously sent them to you… (And they do say in the next line unless we have previously sent to you) So I expect they will be within your SAR response anyway.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

• When that CD arrives, after you extract the data, run a global virus check on everything extracted, inc any hidden folders. I would not trust that shower one bit. Check everything.

So, they don't have the agreement, is what they're saying, yet if they do they'll include them in the SAR. And they kindly ask you to contact M&S for the original agreement. Personally, I would not do that as it drags you into the web even further. Let Cabot do all the work. It doesn't matter if it's been ten years warding them off; you've got to do it or they will get you one way or another.

As for the signature, I know certain banks and DCAs were forging signatures in the distant past but it's equally possible that a third party opened this account with your details, which you've attested you didn't do yourself.

Comment

• They do have the agreement as they have already supplied it (Well, part of it).Hence the discussion about the signature.

If Cabot sent a CD with SAR information on it And purposely attached a virus I think they might be in a little bit of trouble so I really can't imagine that that would be the case.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

• They are in default now, because the letter I sent them on the 10th June they still not have responded.

Comment

• Cabot have responded to my SAR, a CD with all the information, like cca COMPLETE my signuature just on one sheet and loads of statements

Comment

• Cool - same agreement that you already received?
                              Historic letters they've sent you ? Passing to the various debt collectors etc ?
                              Statements with transactions on that you can evidence cant have been made by you ?
                              Anything about the account opening/ addresses ?
                              default notice / notice of assignment ?

Basically anything useful ?

Did you push M&S for the sar from them ?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

• M&S told me to go to Cabot and refuse to offer anything.

The other Debt Collectors are not in there.

No default notice and no notice of assignment.

All my replies are on there as well, except the letter I sent on the 10th June, that is on the system has being received but they have not replied to that letter but all the other letters I sent they have included there replies.

Statements are included the ones they have already sent me but has stated before they are false.

GOT ALL MY DATA FROM EXPERAIN CAN THEY DO THAT

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X