• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Help, Wont Give up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow Amethyst, thanks for your responses much apprenticed. I have been battling Cabot yes for 10 years, 3 years with Apex as well, which I know is owned by Cabot. Its goes quiet for about 8 months and they write again as if is there first time writing to myself regarding this alleged debt. They have completely ignore all my letters and requests for evidence and even written to M&S and they even say you have to contact Cabot.

Comment

Just reading all of the posts again, making sense of it and seeing what do to first. I can confirm never had a M&S Card and there have been 4 dca writing to myself over 10 years and all owned by Cabot. Cabot have been writing to myself for 7 years but they have made out that they have only took the debt on since 2017, that is a lie. Apex and Wescot gave up really easy but Cabot is like a dog with a bone.

Comment

Have a play with my ranty letter and post back up before sending ... worth a shot - also send a proper cca request to Cabot and a sar to M&S then let's see where we are in a month or so xxx

CCA Request

Subject Access Request

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This wants changing - no admission/acknowledgement of the debt- rather than no written contact ..... ie reword the underlined bits

No correspondence/payment/acknowledgement of this debt has been made for at least 9 years and accordingly unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under s.5 o
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I have already done and sent the letter you sent me, very good by the way, went off today, to signed for.

The CCA Request and the SAR, I have done 5 times and they have all ignore theses letters, shall I send again?

Comment

Do you have copies of what you sent before? Was the CCA bog standard like CCA Request

with £1 postal order or cheque

or did it have lots of extra bits in it?

( sorry, it's just as you mentioned the three letter process earlier I'd rather just check what you did send that was ignored)

Also - the SAR you sent to Marks and Spencer Financial Services ? Basic asking for all information held ? No response at all or response asking for ID, or telling you to go to Cabot ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I knew after a while that 3 letter process was useless, I sent a basic CCA request 5 times after that and nothing back, just ignored. Just told me to go to Cabot and even phoned them and the same response.

I also sent loads of letters asking for a credit agreement and still ignored my letters, waited a few months and start again with there collection process.

They say the same old shit for 7 seven and with there many letters they have sent me.

Just a question, why 7 seven years and why dont they just issue court proceedings.

Comment

There's something mucked up with tracing somewhere - hopefully that letter will have an effect.

You probably wont get far with M&S if you never held any accounts with them but they should write back to you to confirm they hold no data.

It might be worth doing a standard SAR to Cabot too - if this letter doesnt work and depending on their response you will be making a formal complaint and taking it to the FOS, ICO and FCA - so having all the records to hand will be useful.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I find the FOS useless, complain to then many times and the ICO about them snooping on my credit file, they all do nothing. I just believe that they found me after moving 585 miles from my last location.

I am on the edit version of the Electoral Roll and I am very careful about who I give my address to online etc.

Just cannot believe they phone me the other day, how the heck they got my number I do not know.

Anyway see what there response will be.

Do you know why they have not just issue proceedings.

Comment

Because they have no evidence and know they are winging it - and of course that it is long since Statute Barred.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I receive this from Cabot Today

Attached Files

Comment

Redacted it a bit for you xx

Obviously that was sent before you sent your letter to them so don't worry, see what they respond to your 'narky' letter ( and SAR ?) with.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Sorry, Forgot to black out addresses etc, cheers.

I like how it is worded for myself now living in Scotland

Comment

Just a quickie- was that last sentence on first page edited by Cabot - is there tippex there? I'm wondering if that will explain the strange letter that originally they put 2018 there then realised it was actually 2008 and rather than withdraw their letter decided to change it to the right date of 2008 and send it anyway despite already knowing it was completely incorrect. But of course it could just be an issue with your scan.

Click image for larger version  Name:	22BB864A-C5B6-4256-BF31-60B8A52015FB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	1470965
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

OMG, yes just look at the original letter does looks like its been changed.

Sneaky Bs, but put nothing past Cabot.

They did send statements back some years ago and they was printed with my current address on, one problem with that, I did not live at that address them, so they was false, challenged it and Cabot totally ignored.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X