• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before action Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter of Claim Help!

The response to the letter of claim and the CCA request were delieved at the end of April. This morning I received a letter from Lowell Solicitor saying the account was on hold and they had referred the matter to their clients and were awaiting instructions.

There was no mention of the documents I requested which, I think were the agreement, default notice, Notice of Assignment .

I hate debt collectors

I suppose, if it gets to court I can use the correspondence as proof that I followed pre action protocols and ask the judge to force them to provide the documents. I understand from reading on here that if it does go to court they will try to get out of providing documents by saying it is small claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Berti View Post
      The response to the letter of claim and the CCA request were delieved at the end of April. This morning I received a letter from Lowell Solicitor saying the account was on hold and they had referred the matter to their clients and were awaiting instructions.

There was no mention of the documents I requested which, I think were the agreement, default notice, Notice of Assignment .

I hate debt collectors

I suppose, if it gets to court I can use the correspondence as proof that I followed pre action protocols and ask the judge to force them to provide the documents. I understand from reading on here that if it does go to court they will try to get out of providing documents by saying it is small claims.
      While the agreement is not forthcoming the debt remains unenforceable,.

As a fair amount of time has passed you would be wise I think to check with the court re the status of the claim.

nem

Comment

Which court do I need to check with and why?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Which court do I need to check with and why?
            Northampton CC Business Centre.
            To check if the claim has been stayed (suspended) by the court.

nem

Comment

Nemesis45

I did think about phoning the court but then took a step back and read what I had posted against what others had posted.

I have not received a claim form from any court, I received a letter of claim which seems to be a completely different thing.

I did entitle my question Letter of Claim help!

I am glad I paused now otherwise I would have appeared a right idiot

Comment

So you haven't actually had a claim ? Have you filed your defence? confused.com reading back - again lol
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Please god

does nobody read

it was a letter of claim not a claim

i did not receive the claim form that others post on their posts

Comment

To avoid this action you must contact us or make arrangements to pay the balance before 3/5/16 ..then some details ...then the Court will espect both parties to have attempted to resolve any valid dispute prior to the issue of proceedings.
                    Letter before Action
                    So no claim. ( Think the letter of claim wording sounded like you'd received a claim - it's a letter before action - and I'm going to change thread title)

In which case just wait to see if they do anything else following your CCA letter xx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks

That is what I wanted to know but I was getting confused with people saying phone the court and stuff

Comment

Re: Letter before Action - HELP!

Should be obvious now xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Nemesis45

I did think about phoning the court but then took a step back and read what I had posted against what others had posted.

I have not received a claim form from any court, I received a letter of claim which seems to be a completely different thing.

I did entitle my question Letter of Claim help!

I am glad I paused now otherwise I would have appeared a right idiot
                          Not a problem Berti,

A letter of claim /letter before action is intended to give warning of imminent issue of a claim.
                          Things to take note of:

If you have moved home since the delinquent account was opened, it is not unknown for debt purchaser and their " solicitors" to send c;laims to a " last known address" in order to get a judgment by default.

Watch your post don't ignore anything from the Northampton County Court Business Centre, you have only a short time to acknowledge service of a claim.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X