• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter before action Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter of Claim Help!

Letter was posted 1st class on Sunday I have a post office that is open 7-11 7 days a week

I am confused about Notice of Assignments, CharityNJW says the law is that it must be posted by recorded delivery yet you are saying because it is customs and practice they can just send by post- but that is not the law!

Also what i was really asking was do they need to say anything in particular for example mention the LoPA whatever that is

Still want to know, should I reply to the solicitors email with details but state definitely not to contact me by email , I share access to that one and although generally do not hide anything I do not want my GF worrying unless there is something to worry about

Comment

Originally posted by Berti View Post
      Letter was posted 1st class on Sunday I have a post office that is open 7-11 7 days a week

I am confused about Notice of Assignments, CharityNJW says the law is that it must be posted by recorded delivery yet you are saying because it is customs and practice they can just send by post- but that is not the law!

Also what i was really asking was do they need to say anything in particular for example mention the LoPA whatever that is

Still want to know, should I reply to the solicitors email with details but state definitely not to contact me by email , I share access to that one and although generally do not hide anything I do not want my GF worrying unless there is something to worry about
      The point is that NOA's are considered generic and do not have to be routinely archived by the issuer the process is that notation is made on the internal records that an NOA was sent on a specific date.

There is no mileage in this you have the NOA's in your possession.

I cannot remember when a saw an NOA having been delivered by recorded delivery/ registered post/ signed for post or smoke signals.

nem

Comment

I believe Jones - v - Link throws some light on this.

nem

Comment

It was in the link that charitynjw provided in post 27

I wasn't asking exactly if there was 'mileage' just if there was a format they had to adhere to because it seems there are so many rules and regulations

Anyway
          Should I email lowell solicitors and give them the info they want ?
          I do not want them emailing me though

Comment

Jones v link seems to be about who has a right to bring a claim and what responsibilities it has, there doesn't seem to be much mention of how the notice of assignment is made

I read somewhere that it had to be either with a proof of posting or signed for

I need to wait for the agreement to see if they did actually terminate the account properly

Comment

Jones v link seems to be about who has a right to bring a claim and what responsibilities it has, there doesn't seem to be much mention of how the notice of assignment is made

I read somewhere that it had to be either with a proof of posting or signed for

I need to wait for the agreement to see if they did actually terminate the account properly
              If Lowell is not sure that they are dealing with the correct debtor they should not have made contact in the first place I cannot see why they need that information so IMO no just refer them to their letters and then keep everything in writing via RM signed for post. If they get an e-mail address or phone number your life will be hell!

nem

Comment

CCA request has arrived in Leeds , so now its down to them. I have printed off the POD

Comment

After seeing a professional debt advisor yesterday I have also sent a letter to the solicitors asking for the documents that they intend to rely on in court , these are the agreement , the default notice and the notice of assignment. I know they have received that letter today

Apparently these are things they should have before issuing a claim although the lady I saw did say that very often they do not have them and at the very least I should have bought myself some time

Comment

Just thought I would update everyone

I have heard nothing from either Lowell or the solicitors after they received my letters and CCA request.

I did send the letter by email as well ( signed copy scanned) and had an email back asking for confirmation of details because they did not recognise the email but i ignored this as i knew they had signed for the letter.

So no claim has been issued
                    No response to my letter asking for agreement , default notice etc
                    No response from my CCA request
                    As it is now well over 12 working days should i do anything?

Comment

await next move

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Still not a cricket umpire ( Sorry if thats a bit obscure).

Comment

await the latest score then!

Comment

Just thought I would update everyone

I have heard nothing from either Lowell or the solicitors after they received my letters and CCA request.

I did send the letter by email as well ( signed copy scanned) and had an email back asking for confirmation of details because they did not recognise the email but i ignored this as i knew they had signed for the letter.

So no claim has been issued
                            No response to my letter asking for agreement , default notice etc
                            No response from my CCA request
                            As it is now well over 12 working days should i do anything?
                            Maybe a letter reminding them that they are now in breach of the 12 + 2 working days timescale for compliance with the CCA request and therefore the alleged debt is unenforceable.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                              Maybe a letter reminding them that they are now in breach of the 12 + 2 working days timescale for compliance with the CCA request and therefore the alleged debt is unenforceable.

nem
                              Thanks but I thinkI will follow Mike's advice and just keep quiet.
                              I have other things to deal with at the moment cabot have bought a RBS debt of mine which I need to deal with

Comment

Hi thanks Sunnyside
                                I haven't made a payment for some years now although not long enough to make it statute barred

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X