• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt of 8 years old and have just had a CCJ put on my file.

Ok, if they do fail to comply you can make an application to the court to have their claim struck out due to their non complaince with the court order - although that's another £50/£155 application.... so think about that after the 9th, hopefully you'll get the order in the post before then.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Many many thanks.

Comment

And by the way, he asked about the costs that were incurred by myself on this case, and I replied £550 initial solicitors fees and is awarding me those costs. Dont know at what point I will get that back ???

Comment

these are the documents that I received this morning. no details are given about the dates etc of the debt. :-(
          Attached Files

Comment

This could help

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/7/15.html
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Right ok, so your claim has now been reset to the beginning, so need to treat it like it is a new claim... That is a copy of the original claim form so therefore you have to now submit your defence ( by 23/2/2016 according to the order )

Did you already send CPR and CCA requests ? If not do.

I'm going to read back the beginning of the thread.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thought so -
                In 2006 I had a loan which I could no longer pay
                - so your defence is on statute barred Send the CCA request ( if you haven't already) and then you can use the lack of credit agreement as well as statute barred.

We'll give you a hand with it okay.

CCA Request

Don't worry about the CPR request their POC is so dire there's not a lot of point, and you're already allocated.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Dear Amethyst

In the claim form, it says to send documents and money to Wright Hassall LLP. Should I ignore this and send the request to Cabot still ??

I am still awaiting for the documents from the courts. Phoned on Monday but they said it takes five working days for the courts to process. Is there any way I can move forward or shall I await for the forms ???

Comment

Starting to understand things a bit better now. Phoned up the courts this morning and the receptionist was very good and made things that bit easier to understand. I now know that I do not need to fill in an n9 form but can just write out my defence on an A4 piece of paper. I will want to make a counter claim for the initial bulk court fee for 155 pounds and 500 pounds in previous solicitors fees and am willing to pay that for the counter claim.

Comment

I have sent the CCA request today and sent it to Cabot directly.

Comment

Originally posted by john45uk View Post
                        Dear Amethyst

In the claim form, it says to send documents and money to Wright Hassall LLP. Should I ignore this and send the request to Cabot still ??

I am still awaiting for the documents from the courts. Phoned on Monday but they said it takes five working days for the courts to process. Is there any way I can move forward or shall I await for the forms ???
                        Sorry john I missed this post. Yes as you figured out correctly, the CCA request goes to Cabot

Starting to understand things a bit better now. Phoned up the courts this morning and the receptionist was very good and made things that bit easier to understand. I now know that I do not need to fill in an n9 form but can just write out my defence on an A4 piece of paper. I will want to make a counter claim for the initial bulk court fee for 155 pounds and 500 pounds in previous solicitors fees and am willing to pay that for the counter claim.
                        I don't understand about the counterclaim. Those costs have been awarded to you by the court haven't they ? You should get that in writing from the court. And payment of those costs should be made to you within 14 days from the order. There's no need to counterclaim.

You can write out your defence, or indeed type it out and email it the the court. Make sure you put your claim reference, and both parties names on the header of the defence, and put a statement of truth at the end.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

received the order from the judge this afternoon. it doesn't state the costs in the case. this is why i wondered whether I now had to make a counter claim.
                          Attached Files

Comment

It does say '4: Costs in the Case' which means that the costs of the application will be paid by the side which loses the trial overall. So you'll have to win the whole kaboodle before you get your costs.

Also it does only state the file copy of the claim form. If that's all the papers in the case that's all they have to send ( to comply)

So it is literally starting from scratch as if you just received the original claim form.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

oh dear :-(

Comment

Well you should start doing your defence... base it on no compliance with the cca request and statute barred debt for now and you can amend if things change before you have to file and serve before the 23rd.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X